CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-believed-authorities-be-intentional-n861876

Clark County Sheriff's Office obtained a searched warrant Thursday to retrieve items such as computers, credit cards, and bank statements to help the ongoing investigation for a probable cause.

A felony, according to Baarts, may have been committed this case.

Reports have claimed that the speedometer was pinned at 90 miles per hour at the time of the crash, but Baarts says the speedometer could have moved during the impact or have been manipulated. A full vehicle inspection has yet to be completed. However, no skid marks or brake marks were found at the scene.

A public, official statement may be released Monday from authorities.

Clark County Sheriff's Office obtained a searched warrant Thursday to retrieve items such as computers, credit cards, and bank statements to help the ongoing investigation for a probable cause.

A felony, according to Baarts, may have been committed this case.

Reports have claimed that the speedometer was pinned at 90 miles per hour at the time of the crash, but Baarts says the speedometer could have moved during the impact or have been manipulated. A full vehicle inspection has yet to be completed. However, no skid marks or brake marks were found at the scene.

A public, official statement may be released Monday from authorities.

Manipulated speedometer?
Now, that would add another layer to what went on here.

No idea, police said engine was cool when car was found and water in wheelwells was warmer than ocean indicating
the car had been there during warmth of daytime.

I'm wondering if the car interior was so badly mangled, maybe seats detached (?), early reports said 2 adults could
not be extricated or cut out of car before towing car up the cliff, so they just left the 2 bodies inside while towing.

Good point. I saw a picture in one of the articles posted earlier today that said it was a seat from the vehicle on the side of the cliff.

Random thoughts....
IMO

#1 There looks to be a road or driveway across from cliff area. It would be a perfect place to see that traffic is clear and punch it to 90 mph.

#2 the Yukon could have child lock-outs on and windows locked so they couldn't escape.

#3 since they weren't found until afternoon, the ocean probably went through at least 1 high tide.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wonder if the moms adopted the kids as a way to feel loved and needed.

I watch enough Dr Phil to know teen girls sometimes get pregnant on purpose at a young age when they don’t feel loved/accepted/secure with their family. They strive to move away from that and create their own little family unit, with children that will be dependent on & love them.

I’ve read a few news reports saying these women were estranged from their families. Northern MN is fairly... small town-ish/farmy, and a married lesbian couple could definitely feel “out of place.” The Twin Cities area is great, but a lot of MN is rural and on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Im thinking they felt judged and estranged from family/hometowns, so they were like... “ok, fine. We will adopt a bunch of kids and make our own happy little family. We don’t need you guys. We’ll show you!” Perhaps that’s one reason they wanted to be accepted and looked up to by the folks they associated with so badly.

Do we have a basic timeline? Any idea what day the police think they went over the edge?

The neighbor is quoted saying they left Friday afternoon.

The SUV was found Monday.

I think I read on this thread somewhere that it's 10-12 hours from their home?

If officers said the water in the wheel well was warmer than the ocean water, they were there during daylight.

So that puts the possible time frame early Saturday am (Friday going in to Saturday), probably anywhere from ~3 am to daybreak on Sunday morning?

That would leave Sunday as the day the car was exposed to the sun, if not both Saturday and Sunday, and then found on Monday.

My guess is that it probably happened sometime early Saturday before the sun came up.

Coming in late on the thread...what a horrible tragedy.
With regard to the three missing children, I hope the family home or any of their getaway spots have been searched thoroughly. It may be these two parents killed these missing children, or they are tied up somewhere for punishment?

Editing to add I am so sick of hearing about CPS involved and children end up dead. The CPS procedures need to be overhauled. Enough already!

California crash that killed Hart family may have been intentional, authorities say

"At this time, three children are still missing and could be in the ocean," a California Highway Patrol officer said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-believed-authorities-be-intentional-n861876

Almost one week after an SUV carrying Devonte Hart's family plunged off a cliff in California's Mendocino County, authorities said Sunday night that the vehicle came to a full stop before accelerating off the cliff.

Authorities said that based on the absence of skid marks, data from air bag controllers and other information, which they wouldn't immediately disclose, they believed for now that the crash may have been intentional. But they said Sunday night that no suicide note had been found.

bbm

Just joining in but after reading...A typical SUV and two adults, six children I can see. We have one that has a fold out third tier back seat. But then I read another news report (below) that the vehicle was a five-seater 2003 GMC Sierra truck. This brings up two points. One, there would not be enough seat belts to fit 6 children in the back seat. Thus if the six were in the back seat, would be quite a squeeze and make sense in the news report why they did not have seatbelts on. Two, would 6 even fit? Maybe the missing three were not in the vehicle?
Pic of the truck in the article below

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...California-crash-killed-parents-siblings.html

I also see news the vehicle was 2003 GMC Yukon XL. Never mind.....

California crash that killed Hart family may have been intentional, authorities say

"At this time, three children are still missing and could be in the ocean," a California Highway Patrol officer said.

bbm

This story certainly isn't getting any better. What a horrific tragedy. God rest the souls of those beautiful children.
While it is most likely the missing children *are* in the ocean as the police suggest, I would still search their home or known "go to " places. I fear something happened to them *before* the car accident, and they will be found elsewhere.
Given the history of punishment, they might even be locked up, or restrained somewhere.

I wonder what the neighbors did when the kids came to their houses? When Hannah came and pleaded to not be sent back, what did they do? I would have called the police right then and there.

sounds like these kids tried to reach for help for a long time but didn't get any.

im also wondering if the two women had a cult like mentality. They didn't seem to like authority, and seemed paranoid and scared of the police and cops.

could it be they knew "the man" was out to get them and grew paranoid and decided to end it all?

Now that we know the car came to a complete stop before they went over the cliff, we can put to rest the idea that they were traveling the Pacific Coast Highway at 90mph and made a sharp turn onto the turnoff at 90mph, leaving no tracks.

California crash that killed Hart family believed by authorities to be intentional

Authorities said Sunday night that the vehicle came to a full stop before acceleratimg over the cliff

This article also mentions the speedometer.

Carl Robertson, a spokesman for the CHP said, “it could have moved during impact, or could have accidentally been manipulated during the course of the investigation.

Now that we know the car came to a complete stop before they went over the cliff, we can put to rest the idea that they were traveling the Pacific Coast Highway at 90mph and made a sharp turn onto the turnoff at 90mph, leaving no tracks.

California crash that killed Hart family believed by authorities to be intentional

This article also mentions the speedometer.

I was wondering if that was why the kids were not buckled in. Maybe they pulled over so the kids could stretch their legs, and maybe they switched up the drivers?

Then for some unknown tragic reason, the 'fresh' driver went off the cliff instead of back to the highway.

It is just really hard to believe it was accidental. When you are on that highway, it is so OBVIOUS where the ocean is, at all times.

When you pull over at a LOOKOUT, it is freakin clear where the huge ocean is. No way the driver could accidentally turn the wrong way, in my opinion.

I think that at least one of the moms was highly aware of the coming troubles with CPS, and what it might reveal soon, to their friends and family, etc. I think it was an act of urgent desperation, in the end.

Actually, the perversion is not true,. There is a lot of child *advertiser censored* made in Scandinavia. Kids are regularly sold in Thailand

Thailand is actually a very morally strict country. *advertiser censored* "produced" in Scandinavia typically actually comes from Thailand but is repackaged and produced and disseminated from there.

Child sexual abuse rates are about half what they are here. For example, about 11% of women report sexual abuse as children in Sweden while 20% do here.

I was wondering if that was why the kids were not buckled in. Maybe they pulled over so the kids could stretch their legs, and maybe switch up the drivers.

Then for some unknown tragic reason, the driver went off the cliff instead of back to the highway.

It is just really hard to believe it was accidental. When you are on that highway, it is so OBVIOUS where the ocean is, at all times.

When you pull over at a LOOKOUT, it is freakin obvious where the huge ocean is. No way the driver could accidentally turn the wrong way, in my opinion.

I think that at least one of the moms was highly aware of the coming troubles with CPS, and what it might reveal soon, to their friends and family, etc. I think it was an act of urgent desperation, in the end.

Yes, now that we know the car stopped, it seems reasonable some got out.
They had dogs that needed to be walked, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver