CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I certainly agree (and we know for a fact) that the children were abused and, IMO, exploited for the adults&#8217; political/social agenda.

I&#8217;m not ready to cross the line and jump on sexual abuse, yet. As sick, twisted and horrific as this situation is at the moment...knowing the kids were sexually abused would be so much worse.

We are a touchy feely huggy family. I am, most certainly, touching my kids in every photo we have. So, that, to me is not a red flag.

Devastating. Those poor helpless children.

Where? While I do think these kids were undernourished I'd like to know where that is verified?

Kids need fat, not sugar. Kids need protein. Kids have boundless energy.

Wondering about their diet, too. Not saying vegan or vegetarian is bad, but kids need certain ingredients to grow strong.

None of these kids exhibited muscle strength. Muscle strength vs weight. And I mean natural. Is it because all of them were failure to thrive babies?

Don’t get me started on kids and nutrition. Let me just say that most of the people I know are reasonable, but I see enough families on both ends of the nutrition spectrum to SMDH.

After reading Jenn's post, I think so much happened in a short amount of time that it could lead to a downward spiral of feeling completely overwhelmed. Which can effect humans most basic needs and that leads to a lot of horrible states of mind (like lack of sleep- sleep deprivation is a form of torture), a spanking going out of control (major guilt, embarrassment from it happening and then more out of control spankings = double those feelings) and a depression that led to severe depression.

Maybe somewhere in the middle of all that stress, then starts the suicidal ideation. Those thoughts build and become more frequent and plans start playing out. The thought becomes more comfortable and comforting. The song about driving into the ocean becomes a symbol and almost a goal. It is familiar and almost sacred and peaceful. I think after thinking about it for awhile now and the peak of CPS coming, neighbors calling, the thought of the kids being taken away was the straw that broke the camel's back. She is already in an altered state of mind due to the years of major stress and trauma. They could have found prescriptions for Jenn that could be the red flags they referred to.

Suicidal people are often the most at peace just prior. I remember the mom in Oregon who stopped and got the sleeping pills and trail mix on her way to commit suicide and if I remember correctly, Leanne had a power bar in her backpack. She stopped at Safeway because until you actually drive off that cliff, you still need to feed the family.

moo

<modsnip>

I hope it is ok to share this article about Nahko. I just googled him this morning, actually. Feeling kinda sick. Some of the lyrics quoted in the article are rough to read.

Childhood of extremes had positive side for Nahko Bear
https://m.northernstar.com.au/news/childhood-of-extremes-had-positive-side/2451219/

Nahko himself is the product of this rape. His father was, in Nahko's own words, a child molester, 36 years old who left four kids and a wife in the cold.

At the other extreme was Nahko's adoptive family, religious fundamentalists who took him on when he was nine months old.

It rolled, it bounced, and it landed on its head. And then the high tide rolled in. I'm wondering if high tide swallowed the vehicle? Swishing its passengers out to sea?

West coast is a big tide.... It's not like the gentle NJ shore. It's big and rough, and rocky. And formitable.

March 26 low tide 1:17 AM PDT / 2.7 ft 6:59 AM PDT / 5.5 ft 2:07 PM PDT / -0.3 ft 9:09 PM PDT / 4.8 ft

This early local article has a link to pictures that have not been widely circulated, showing the vehicle on rocks near the water. Tide would have been highest around 7 am on Monday morning. Other reports said water found in the wheel well had been warmed by the sun, so the car must have gone off that cliff during the night of March 25 into the wee morning hours of March 26 before the 6:59 am high tide.

http://kymkemp.com/2018/03/26/multiple-fatalities-after-car-crashes-off-hwy-1/

I’m still searching for more backstory on these women and not finding very much
“Jennifer Hart of Huron received a scholarship to Northern in May 1999, according to American News archives. Her name was also on the fall 2001 Northern dean's list published in the American News.

Sarah Margaret Gengler was on a list of graduates in the May 1, 2002, Exponent, Northern's student paper.

She is from the Big Stone City area, Grant County Sheriff Kevin Owen said.”

https://www.dailyamerican.com/women...cle_431f4767-a918-5d74-8a3e-d93bb233fb49.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she had already killed one or more of her family members, driving off a cliff shifts from an unthinkable and terrifying act to a simple, quick, and relatively painless way to "save" her remaining victims from "this cruel world that's closing in on her and ruining her life." She would finally be free, in her mind, as would her wife and (remaining?) children. And since she's followed God's (Nahko) instructions (drive into the ocean), she may have felt very good and right about her decision.

I've been thinking the same thing (and I know other people are too). Family annihilators kill their family first, and that makes it MUCH easier to kill themselves. Once you kill your kids, your life is over and done. I would guess that driving that truck over the cliff would be a relief if you're dealing with having already killed some of them.

SATA
I am beginning to think something serious happened at the home before they left. You´d think the searchers had found SOMETHING by now, three kids and two (?) dogs missing. Also worth noticing that Devonte is missing, the kid who gathered food. It could have sparked an outburst of rage.

Agree with SATA. Especially concerning that Devonte is missing. If Jen or Sarah became aware that he had gone to the neighbors to get food and to have them provide a food stash, one of them could have gone ballistic and inadvertently killed him in her rage.

Can't think of any other reason to intentionally kill yourself, your spouse and your children. A visit from Child Protective Services isn't enough. A neighbor being asked for food isn't enough. Something big had to have happened for them to have consciously planned to drive off of a cliff and kill themselves.

<modsnip>

I think that's a stretch. I admit I am a fan of Nahko and was prior to this horrific incident but I have seen nothing he has said that suggests an inappropriate relationship with the children. That's a strong accusation.

I see someone who has lost his friends and is defending the people HE knew. Obviously, who he thought he knew could be terribly wrong. How many times do they interview the family of people who committed terrible acts and we hear them say, "I never would have expected this from them"?

He and their other friends and family are grieving the loss of EIGHT people they loved. And while grieving, they are also coping with the fact that they were likely not who they thought they were.

While I do not think she should have taken her wife and children with her, if my theory is correct- I have major sympathy and empathy for jenn and her family.

SATA
Can't think of any other reason to intentionally kill yourself, your spouse and your children. A visit from Child Protective Services isn't enough. A neighbor being asked for food isn't enough. Something big had to have happened for them to have consciously planned to drive off of a cliff and kill themselves.

I agree. I feel there is more to this story. If this was indeed intentional, I don't think it was simply because someone called CPS. I think we'll know more and more information is released. Regardless, my heart breaks for these poor children. They endured way too much in their young lives to have had it end this way too soon.

There is a lot of interest in this article. But it was brought up that it is hard to pinpoint the family move from MN to OR. Max Ribner says Sarah went to Portland alone first and the family joins her later. It doesn't say how long they were in this long distance set-up, but it isn't that hard to believe that maybe Sarah left for a bit and then they reconciled. Someone mentioned it almost sounded that way with the move to Washington too.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/03/hart_familys_idyllic_public_im.html
Family friend Max Ribner, a Portland musician who plays in the band Nahko and Medicine for the People, said the Harts were amazing parents.

"They'd nursed those six kids back to life," he said. "These children were coming from some of the roughest childhoods you could imagine."

Ribner said he first met the family in 2012 when playing the Shangri-La music festival in Clarks Grove, Minnesota. He said he remembered the Hart children because they had dressed in matching outfits and were as close to the stage as possible. The family, he said, always traveled as a pack.

Ribner said that Sarah Hart first came out to Portland around 2012 to look for a job and to see if the area would be a good fit for their family. They'd been living Alexandria, Minnesota, a small town of 13,000 northwest of Minneapolis.

She found a job at Kohl's. Jennifer and the kids joined her sometime in 2013, he said.

"I think there was an openness of community out here that gave them some breathing room from the challenges they had in Minnesota."

Ribner said the mothers talked often about the difficulties they faced because they were a same-sex couple raising six adopted black children.

Of the children, Ribner said, "They were readers, they were writers, they were poets, they were dancers. And they were brave. They didn't have any judgment. But they also felt pain, too."

In 2013, Ribner began offering music classes to kids at his home in Southeast Portland. He said that all six of the Hart children participated in the program and that he and the children wrote songs together and played music twice a month for nearly a year.

He said that music was a passion in the Hart family.

"They exposed their children to conscious music with a message. Music that talks about social revolution and racial equality."

The kids never had cellphones. But they traveled and explored. They regularly attended concerts, events and festivals in the Portland area and throughout the Northwest.

He said the family was civically engaged and community-oriented. They volunteered with homeless people. Devonte would forgo gifts for his birthday, instead asking friends and family to donate money to a charity. They loved celebrating Earth Day.

Ribner once asked Devonte what he wanted to be when he grew up. The boy's answer? "A hero."

SATA
I am beginning to think something serious happened at the home before they left. You´d think the searchers had found SOMETHING by now, three kids and two (?) dogs missing. Also worth noticing that Devonte is missing, the kid who gathered food. It could have sparked an outburst of rage.

Agree with SATA. Especially concerning that Devonte is missing. If Jen or Sarah became aware that he had gone to the neighbors to get food and to have them provide a food stash, one of them could have gone ballistic and inadvertently killed him in her rage.

It wasn't just that. We have a list that Jenn posted on facebook. It was many, many things.

I can&#8217;t speak for the right wing communities, but I know from brief experience that if you object to sexual activity in these &#8220;love and light&#8221; communities, you&#8217;re &#8220;uptight&#8221; and &#8220;repressed&#8221; and selfish, etc. &#8220;Sex is healing&#8221;. Very manipulative.

I am part of some of these "love and light" communities and I can say that sexual activity with children is not something encouraged as healing or anything else positive. Among consenting adults, sure, sex is a natural thing but among children, absolutely not.

SATA

I agree and I think Devonte was anticipating it or suspected something beforehand. The story that he came to the house one day three times and asked a steep increase in food indicates that to me.

IMO

I am part of the love and light community as well...and children are loved, celebrated and included in the celebration, but sex and the acts of sexuality are absolutely not to be shared with the children in any way. Parents in the community are trying to give children an aware, but innocent childhood. (that's why a lot of the children are being raised, nature based, sugar free, animal protein free, technology free...etc.) Children are sacred in the community. We just got our tickets to Burning Man and there is an entire sectioned off part of the city for families and children so they can be part of the community but safe from the "freer" things the adults may choose to do. The children can join the larger temporary city, but within the family camp there are rules to keep the children, families and the innocence of their exploration safe.

I'm not going to be able to locate sources for this, but I've been reading and researching this case incessantly, so I know some of the chronology prior to the arrival in OR.

Sarah and Jen (likely) met as students at Northern State while they were both students, sometime between 1999 and 2002. It's unclear whether Jen graduated, but Sarah did, with a degree in early childhood education, in 2002.

Sarah and Jen were both born and raised in South Dakota. Sarah (nee Gengler) in Big Stone City, SD with her parents and three siblings. Jennifer in Huron, SD with her parents and two? siblings. Weird, but potentially irrelevant, but two of Sarah's siblings (in their thirties) still show same address as mom and dad. And Sarah's sister, Glenda, married a woman from Minneapolis, but that relationship appears to have ended.

Sarah and Jen had moved to Alexandria, MN by 2005, as Sarah changed her name to Hart in July 2015 at the county courthouse.

Markis, Hannah and Abigail are adopted from TX in 2007.

A police report from 2008 shows Hannah reported Jen had struck her with a belt and bruised her; Jen and Sarah claim it's a fall.

Devonte, Sierra, and Jeremiah are adopted from TX in 2009.

Abigail reports abuse in late 2010 at school. She claims Jen punched her with a closed fist and dunked her into cold water in the tub. Bruising is extensive. Sarah takes the charge in December 2010, pleads guilty on 4/7/11 and signs up for probation on 4/14. The children are immediately removed from public school and are never returned.

The children are in school from 2009 through April 2011 in Alexandria, MN. This is the only record of formal schooling.

SATA

I’m friends with blended and multicultural families, very religious families, families who are quite anti-government, hippy families who live in converted busses and intentional communities where HFCS and food dyes are banned. CPS gets called sometimes when someone has a bone to pick with a good parent raising vegetarian kids, kids are playing too roughly and someone breaks an arm, a neighbor is irritated because the homeschooled kids are playing outside during school hours when they deserve a peaceful neighborhood. IMO not often enough for the kids who are truly being abused. Reasonable people who are not doing anything wrong speak to the worker, come up with and adhere to a safety plan if it’s deemed necessary. They don’t drive off a cliff with their kids. Something was very, very wrong within this family. I really wonder if there was a child or children unaccounted for and the moms knew there was no way to keep covering it up, or if one of the moms actually did have a terminal diagnosis and the other knew she wouldn’t be able to (want to?) handle it all alone. I do think though that if either J or S had a cancer diagnosis that there would be , public FB requests for good vibes, etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Poppyflower. Are you referring to the list that Jen posted on FB last summer? If so, I'm still wondering what on earth happened on that day last week that caused Jen and Sarah to decide to kill themselves. Presuming that the women both made the decision together but that may not be the case. While the list of stressors that Jen posted on FB were huge stressors, it still seems that something big had to have happened to cause this reaction.

It wasn't just that. We have a list that Jenn posted on facebook. It was many, many things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member