CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dana Dekalb better go get some counseling or help. She gotta be haunted by all of this. Her husband seemed more removed from it all and their daughter probably feels like a 🤡

IMO
I really hope they don't blame themselves. I would have handled it differently, but hold no judgement--I'm well educated and trained in this specific area, but I don't blame them. They did what they thought was right.

I wonder if they parked on the cliff to watch the sun rise, or meditate. They were meditating in the birthday video. I could see them driving out there, parking, and then dozing without seat belts for a little bit waiting for the sun to start coming up. While sitting there, Jen hits the gas and over they go. It would happen so fast they would have had NO time to react.

Yes, I wonder if that could have been why they parked there. Jenn said they will sleep there, that way they won't miss the sunrise. My speculation/moo

Honestly I don't know that I could have done much better than they did, if I were in the DeKalbs' shoes. They called CPS, which was a good call. Calling the cops the night Hannah came over probably would have been wise, but I don't know that I would do it either, if the parents showed up with a believable story for why she was there. I would be confused for sure. You'd much rather believe that a kid was having a nightmare or grieving her cat or whatever, than that something truly evil was going on next door. And it is terrifying putting yourself out there making an allegation with so little to go on. I hope the DeKalbs forgive themselves. They did their best.

I really hope they don't blame themselves. I would have handled it differently, but hold no judgement--I'm well educated and trained in this specific area, but I don't blame them. They did what they thought was right.

No, the only ones to blame are those two women, but I believe Dana will feel pain for not doing different things to change the circumstances. She seems more emotionally invested and had negative encounters with Jen so she probably is imagining more of the horror. I believe Bruce played a large role in Dana not following her gut and that feeling is not going away any time soon.

IMO

Did we ever hear if the neighbors did end up leaving the food DH asked for (the case of PB, cured meats, tortillas)?

I don't know. I wasn't there. It goes along with the withholding food, though.

I just don't think there's any way to tell how long they were planning on being gone or how many kids were with them based on what we could see in one still from the store.

I agree. I’m sure the Hart’s blamed the kids for this whole thing especially Devonte. Jen probably gave the kids a beating like no other after going to the neighbors. This was the ultimate punishment murdering them all. I’m sure the kids were manipulated the whole time by the evil women saying something like this we saved you from drugs and that awful life you had so this is how you repay us by ratting us out to the neighbors. This is all the thanks we get for all we’ve done for you kids.

Murdering 6 kids is a serial killer all at once. IMHO

Here is what I'll say. If a child came to my house and asked me for food and said they are not getting food as punishment etc I'm not going to give them food and hope things go well. To give them food for me would suggest that I believe their story and if I believe their story then I'm getting some professional help. Youth are the most vulnerable population, and I couldn't let something like that slip by me especially if the woman is nasty to me too. There is no reason to not take the child's word for it. Too many red flags which is why I initially thought the neighbors were sinister too... no way your moral compass can allow you to keep a distance unless something was compromising it. And I think Bruce convinced Dana not to take it so seriously, the daughter came and gave her two cents, but Dana was probably conflicted all along. Like I said before...I think she will need help and support because this had to have been an internal struggle for her.

IMO

Here is a link
On Thursday, the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office issued a correction to a previous release that said Jennifer and Sarah Hart were wearing seat belts during the crash.

The two parents were not wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.

On Sunday, authorities disclosed that data from the vehicle's software suggested the crash was deliberate. They said the SUV had stopped at a pull-off area before speeding straight off the cliff. The SUV's speedometer was pinned at 90 mph when found.
http://komonews.com/news/local/sher...-an-accident-im-calling-it-a-crime-04-05-2018

Thank you for finding this. I was tied up earlier and couldn't look it up.

PLEASE tell me people aren't saying those children looked fine?!! Isn't there a photo of Jeremiah I believe, on this very site, holding a guitar looking like he weighs 56 pounds??

I'm pretty sure we can discuss this 'til the cows come home, as everyone has a subjective opinion as to where they draw the line concerning healthy-thin and dangerously skinny. Also pretty sure there will never be a consensus based on appearances alone. (I'm one of those that would not have become alarmed just looking at the photos, FWIW.)

What we can all agree on is the fact that LE and social services and even neighbors and former friends were made aware along the way that some of the kids were being punished via withholding food. So, yes, it appears likely that was done as punishment. Regardless of how anyone thinks they looked. So...IMO, it's sidetracking to go into detail about why we each have the subjective standard we do. Maybe we can just agree it sounds fairly certain at least a few of them were hungry as a result of increasingly bad disciplinary tactics.

turnoff2.jpg

Another photo of the turn off and cliff. To put the height of the cliff into perspective, check out the pickup truck and compare to the cliff. That is a LONG way down. (you can click on photo to enlarge)

Hopefully they bring out cadaver dogs to the house where they are vegetable boxes in the back yard.

I thought of that too with that old gay Santa Clause killer in Canada recently hid all those dead missing men in planters.

Some people were raised with "go to bed without dinner" as punishment. I think it was a fairly common thing when I was young. As a parent, I have never done this, but I wonder if the neighbors thought that might be what was going on? moo

Some people were raised with "go to bed without dinner" as punishment. I think it was a fairly common thing when I was young. As a parent, I have never done this, but I wonder if the neighbors thought that might be what was going on? moo

I think that might be why she was awake at 1:30am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333