CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about how you can be conflicted when she was at least there and watching this happen for a decade. At LEAST. If not, participating fully.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Being in a abusive relationship in the past I constantly received threats of what my abuser would do to me if I left or told anyone. They control you by mentally manipulating and abusing with threats and demeaning your self esteem as well as physical abuse.

Being in a abusive relationship in the past I constantly received threats of what my abuser would do to me if I left or told anyone. They control you by mentally manipulating and abusing with threats and demeaning your self esteem as well as physical abuse.

But we have no reason to believe that Sarah was abused. No reports of abuse, no injuries, no accusations, no arrests. Just the situation in MN when she took the blame after Jen had been accused.

Re: Chicken on head while eating waffles.

Wow.

And Devonte's smile. That's not a kid smiling through fear. That's a young man suppressing rage.

Also, chicken nails are sharp. It's like having a cat on your head. Poor Abigail:(

Wow.

And Devonte's smile. That's not a kid smiling through fear. That's a young man suppressing rage.

Also, chicken nails are sharp. It's like having a cat on your head. Poor Abigail:(

Her smile looks very strained too. Especially her eyes. Probably because the damn bird is clawing up her scalp. Ugh.

But we have no reason to believe that Sarah was abused. No reports of abuse, no injuries, no accusations, no arrests. Just the situation in MN when she took the blame after Jen had been accused.

That’s true but many psychologist and psychiatrist believe that usually there’s some type of spousal abuse going on when there’s child abuse. It’s not always the case

So, I was wondering what may have escalated at home leading to Devonte reaching out for food. Escalated punishment/withholding. Something was going on prior to child services being called or I assume Devonte wouldn't have been running to neighbors. It was less then a year ago, I think, Hannah ran next door.
So, along with him asking for a stockpile of food which sounds like he was planning something type of move maybe? What happened at home to risk it all?
Markis, now 19, could potentially register for certain things. Buy things? Bus Tickets? Uber? Online registrations? Look for biological family members, can't do searches til a certain age I think. Maybe they'd gotten online somehow through an iPod (music was big) or snuck online or one was trusted?
Then I was also thinking that no wonder no electronics because nowadays, social media and all the info online, they could have connected and told someone. I think they were pretty fearful of going to any of their friends, because they'd tell their parents. The police? From some articles it looks like some conditioning that police officers kill black people in relation to Travon Martin and when police came those few times, nothing changed? Then the claims true or not about KKK and cross burning, threats in community, things being said, the kids may have been very fearful of the outside world in general due to whatever was being portrayed, and the lack of close outside relationships.
I'm assuming probably select info was told to them because a lot of the reports from people who knew them are radically different. They complained of threats, no calls to police in Oregon, where the burning cross thing supposedly also happened. They reportedly told people they were moving due to that as well. Then became even more secluded.
I would think for Devonte to make the decision to come clean to neighbors and need daily food, sounds very severe punishments and things were coming undone next door prior to child services visit. I wonder what will be found out

Wow.

As someone who worked on a farm as a teen, I just cannot imagine this. And yes, we did have chickens on that farm.

No but that is a cute photo. Devonte’s smile looks forced not natural. I’m sure as he got older he was sick of taking all the FB photos.

I think so too. It was on him to be the happy face of the family and underneath that smile he was probably constantly worried and frightened.

Um, a chicken on the head while eating waffles.

Have to wonder how many bird droppings took place during this photo shoot.

attachment.php

NOOOOOO, OUCH!

Those kids REALLY were nothing but props to those sick women!

Those sharp claws on the scalp and tangled in her hair, omg - and on the delicate skin of Devonte´s shoulder and neck.

Friggin nutcases!

Am I the only person who had pet chickens as a child?

Nope, here is one more :) And I loved when they climbed up on my shoulder an fell asleep under my long hair.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

As someone who worked on a farm as a teen, I just cannot imagine this. And yes, we did have chickens on that farm.

Were they docile enough to be held? Could you bring them inside the house? We had some that were affectionate and sweet, others that were mean. So some could have posed for this picture with no problem and others would have scratched your face off if you tried.

I grew up on a farm and turned most of the animals into pets, which is why I mentioned earlier at least the kids had each other and their animal friends. Chickens, cows, goats, etc., all make great listeners, and love without expectation (other than please be kind in return).

We had that in MN, too, but the amount of hours for using that type of info was limited, We had to have hours from college classes as well

Ours only required that at upper levels, but then again it was a long time ago. I think it is very likely that neither Jen nor Sarah ever held a teaching position making me wonder if they even passed their boards to become certified in the first place. I guess it's a relatively moot point anyway.

I love this photo. Chicken and waffles. :) This is something I would do.

Me too! :) So many of these things that are coming across as strange or "off" are things that we do in my own family. Taken out of context, the majority of these things that the mothers did are my own family's "normal." We have white and beige furniture, until you go into their bedrooms you can't tell that my kids live in the same house-we're a little OCD on clutter; we do the festival circuit (my 11-year-old son and I are going to Burning Man together this year); I'll admit that I "stage" my photos and they're the ones I share online (I keep the candids, which are often embarrassing for the kids, to myself); partly due to a genetic disorder that I have passed on down the line, my kids and I look a lot younger and smaller than our peers of the same age; we stay up all night; and I am wary of strangers-even the nice ones. (If a woman whom I'd just met had offered to "mentor" my children, I'd have given her a polite "thank you", exchanged contact info, and hoped I'd never hear from her again. Because I think that's weird.)

So many of these things that are coming across as strange to some people are perfectly "normal" to me. Individually, I don't see many red flags when you take some of these things out of context. When you put them all together and look at everything as whole, however, it starts painting a different kind of picture.

I know that it probably won't happen but I would LOVE to hear from a medical professional who had firsthand experience with Sarah, Jen, and the kids. Were there medical concerns about the children's sizes? Did Jen or Sarah ever get treated for a mental illness or personality disorder? What does the children's dentist (assuming they had one) say about the missing teeth? I know that we'll probably never know these things, or it will be a long time if we do, but so far there's only been speculation as to the mental and physical health of the family. I'd really curious about the professional opinions from doctors/counselors/former teachers who knew them and had firsthand experience with them.

Thanks to all who found the media report that the bodies are not yet released.

I'm hoping that the music festival people that this family interacted with will eventually come together and put together a beautiful memorial gathering/ festival for the kids. They were the closest thing to real friends these kids had, apparently.

IDK-- maybe some might think that's too much pressure/ too many expectations to put on the festival people. It's not their responsibility to do something like that. But maybe they will want to.

It seems as if a lot of the festival people do not see Jen and Sarah to be bad people, but instead “misunderstood” JMO

NOOOOOO, OUCH!

Those kids REALLY were nothing but props to those sick women!

Those sharp claws on the scalp and tangled in her hair, omg - and on the delicate skin of Devonte´s shoulder and neck.

Friggin nutcases!
From a photographer's perspective I see the #staged" photos as a a passion to be creative via photography.

The pictures of the kids posted on FB remind me of images we might see in a magazine or an ad for a product or service. I dont see the photos necessarily as being exploitive but a means to express one's creative side via photography. My niece is a photographer and she takes a lot of these kinds of pictures. This in my unbiased opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

From the photographer's perspective I see a passion to be creative via photography. The pictures we of the kids posted on FB remind me of images we might see in a magazine or an ad for a product or service. I dont see the photos necessarily as being exploitive but a means to express one's creative side via photographer. My niece is a photographer and she takes a lot of these kinds of pictures. This in my unbiased opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads