GUILTY CA - Harry Burkhart charged in Hollywood arson spree, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ABC news this morning reported they are questioning a man in connection with the fires but it's still early and have not made an arrest.

We'll have to see if the fires continue. Also, what did they find on the search warrant. No arrests were made so I'm guessing they didn't find much of anything. The fact that they haven't named him yet also seems to point to a problem with evidence. JMO

I thought the same thing Steely. If the fires stop, then he might be the guy.

I hope LE questions this POI for numerous hours. I haven't heard anything about the search warrant. It is still early on the west coast so hopefully we will have some news later today. fingers crossed.

I am so angry that these residents have been displaced from their homes, lost their cars and are living in fear!:furious:
MOO

wm

I thought the same thing Steely. If the fires stop, then he might be the guy.

I hope LE questions this POI for numerous hours. I haven't heard anything about the search warrant. It is still early on the west coast so hopefully we will have some news later today. fingers crossed.

I am so angry that these residents have been displaced from their homes, lost their cars and are living in fear!:furious:
MOO

wm
Aren't they suspecting there might be more than one arsonist?

I recall that being stated/speculated in early reports, jjenny. If so, then perhaps one arrest will lead to another. JMO

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/02/la-arson-arrested-arsonist/

"There are reports the man -- who was driving a van with Canadian license plates -- may be a German national, who is angry that his mother is being deported from the US".

Thanks dotr! There is a resemblence of the guy in the police car and the guy on the video, IMO. Of course both are too grainy to say for certain.

Glad TMZ got that shot of the guy arrested!

I cannot figure out the beard either, unless this is just one of several persons if interest...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45846126/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Detectives served a search warrant at a home in the San Fernando Valley

can those of you from the area tell me where the Valley is in relation to all the fires?

The SFV is a large area, and, on the east side, lays directly north of the Hollywood sign. There is a small mountain range dividing the two areas, but the mountains are neither tall nor wide.

The valley runs west almost to the ocean, again laying over the hills from the main part of the city. The valley can be fairly wide at it's center, probably a good 25 miles or so, and ends to the west with a mountain range that is quite a bit larger than the Hollywood Hills. To the east, the valley narrows and then empties into another valley at the southeast end of the Verdugo Hills, which is huge. To the north, the valley ends at the Santa Susanna mountain range, which is biggest of all in the area, and north and northwest, and northeast of the valley over the Santa Susanna mountains is Santa Clarita, Ojai, and various other communities.

The SFV is considered a "bedroom" community, but because of it's size, it has a lot of industry in it, as well as an airport. To it's residents, we think of it as it's own city in a lot of ways, you know?

Hope that helps!

Best-
Herding Cats

dotr: I think it's visible in the parking garage video but it's hard to tell since it seems to be lighter in colour than his hair

I think it's him, I think they've got him - well-done LE (& the immigration agent who apparently helped identify him)

there's been a lot of fear, a lot of insurance headaches, a lot of displacement for residents but thankfully no one's been hurt and hopefully there are no copy-cats to continue the terror

I wish I didn't have to go to work now ... no way to check in for continuing developments

stay safe everyone in the area - hope your nightmare is finally over!

I am totally unsure of the timing, but reports are that almost a dozen NEW fires were set last night.

If that's true and the POI was arrested on Monday, then...well, either it's not the guy, or there are copy cats, or there is more than one.

Best-
Herding Cats

I am totally unsure of the timing, but reports are that almost a dozen NEW fires were set last night.

If that's true and the POI was arrested on Monday, then...well, either it's not the guy, or there are copy cats, or there is more than one.

Best-
Herding Cats

the reports I read stated that no new fires were reported after his arrest/detainment (I understood it to mean that he was arrested this morning after the fires were set, which makes me think they caught him almost in the act) ... JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@
Back