GUILTY CA - Harry Burkhart charged in Hollywood arson spree, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just heard a police spokesman say the suspect arrested this morning is 55 years old. He looks a lot younger to me in the video of his arrest, more like 30-35.

I think they are talking about 55 fires set, not 55 years old suspect.

That idiot [ or idiots] is lucky that nobody was hurt or killed in any of those stupid fires.

Continued vigilance is encouraged...
Police urged residents to check their cars for any signs of tampering and take simple precautions such as locking vehicles, keeping garage and carport lights on at night and reporting suspicious activity.

Despite the arrest, police continued to be vigilant.

"We're not resting, and we're not stopping" the extra patrols, police Capt. Andrew Smith said. "If you have lights in your carport area, keep them on tonight."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-release-security-video-la-car-fires-case-15272015"

"The 'person of interest' arrested in connection with more than 50 fires in LA is a German who has been battling with federal immigration officials.
Sources say they do not know if the dispute is linked to the fires but confirmed he was fighting the government over the immigration status of a relative.

The Los Angeles Police Department is in communication with federal immigration officials concerning the dispute, law enforcement sources said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ation-link-German-arrested.html#ixzz1iL56WfUx

So, the guy referred to in the below link, 22-year-old Samuel Arrington of Sun Valley , is suspected of some fires at the beginning of this crime wave. But as the fires kept happening, LE knew there was at least one more person involved. I understand they served a SW at Arrington's home either yesterday or the day before.

From earlier reports today, the man taken into custody earlier today, is suspected of being the other person involved and no fires were started after this last person was taken into custody.

Hopefully, this is going to come to an end now. But I'm sure LE and the FD are going to be extra vigilant for at least one, maybe two more nights.

As other's have said, thank goodness no one was seriously hurt or killed.

Thank you LAPD! Oh, and I bet that 'rookey' volunteer is going to be offered a job soon. Good for him!

JMHO
fran

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...ideo-of-person-of-interest-in-rash-of-arsons/

One suspect is in custody, said police. And officer Sara Faden says he is believed to be responsible for at least the first two in the series of arsons.

The suspect was identified as 22-year-old Samuel Arrington of Sun Valley, who was arrested by Los Angeles police near La Brea Avenue and Sunset Boulevard about 1:30 a.m. Thursday for allegedly setting a fire in a garbage can outside a 7-Eleven and trying to ignite a fuel tank on a truck, police said.

Arrington was also suspected in a 1:12 a.m. trash bin fire at 1444 Poinsettia Place and a carport fire at 1434 Fuller Ave., where four vehicles and an apartment were damaged, city firefighters said Thursday.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-weho-fires-arson,0,845299.story?page=2&track=rss
Police said they are treating four arsons at the end of last week as separate from the subsequent rash of fires.

Authorities arrested 22-year-old Samuel Arrignton, of Sunland, last Thursday near Sunset Blvd. and La Brea Ave. He is suspected of starting three fires in a ten-block stretch of Sunset early Thursday.

55-year-old Alejandro Pineda was arrested in connection with a trash fire in the 1300 block of McCadden Place early Friday morning.

Arrington was booked on suspicion of arson, and is being held on $75,000 bail.

Pineda was booked on suspicion of arson of property, and his bail was set at $50,000.

To report any fire you believe to be arson or of suspicious origin, you can call the 24-hour L.A. County Arson Hotline: 1-800-633-2836 or the City of Los Angeles Arson Hotline: 213-893-9800.

Fire investigators have also set up Facebook and Twitter pages to provide the public with updates about the case

Hopefully they caught the right person.

THERE'S THREE OF THEM ?!?

22-year-old Samuel Arrignton is suspected of starting three fires in a ten-block stretch of Sunset early Thursday.

Harry Burkhart, 24, was booked for investigation of arson of an inhabited dwelling.

55-year-old Alejandro Pineda was arrested in connection with a trash fire.

I'd like to know why Burkhart had Canadian plates on his vehicle. Did he steal them? MSM states he's a German national.

la-arson-fires05.jpg

FWIW,my son is in this picture with other residents and room mates in front of his housing complex on Sweetzer.
http://framework.latimes.com/2011/12/30/hollywood-arson-fires/#/4

City Hall is immediately next door to the right and Hamburger Mary's is right on the corner.

I wanted to come back to this and say I'm glad your son is ok. I wonder which of the three suspects is responsible for this fire.

Inside an Arsonist's Mind
http://www.officer.com/article/10249289/inside-an-arsonists-mind

Current profiles are based on the interviews with the relatively few arsonists who have been arrested. As arson motives vary greatly, profiling fire-setters is difficult. The following is a list of the most frequently documented characteristics of a wildfire arsonist; it is not representative of all fire-setters.
White male, age 17-26
Unstable childhood; often one or both parents missing from home
Abuse or neglect by parents
Childhood hyperactivity disorder
Poor academic performance
Antisocial behaviors and other crimes as an adolescent
Cold or aggressive relationship with father; overprotective mother
If married, poor marital adjustment
If not married, still living at home with parents
Lack of stable interpersonal relationships; poor social skills
Poor occupational adjustment; employed in low-paying jobs often as a laborer
Poor military performance
Fascination with the fire service
Mixed findings on intelligence, but most found to have average to higher intelligence. Although many studies have found arsonists to be of limited intelligence, this finding may be more an indication of those relatively few arsonists who are convicted than the overall arsonist population.
Alcoholism and/or substance abuse
Mental Illness: personality disorders, depression, schizophrenia, suicidal tendencies

Federal official's tip leads to arson suspect

Harry Burkhart, a German national, is arrested by a reserve deputy after authorities received word about a man who erupted in a tirade in Immigration Court. The fires caused about $3 million damage.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-hollywood-arson-20120103,0,6022486.story?page=2

From what the story says, the tipping point for this idiot is an immigration hearing where it was determined that the guy's mother is supposed to be deported.. I want to know more.. The story also mentions that either Burkhart or another member of his family is a suspect in an arson case in Germany.

Police later said Burkhart was actually a 24-year-old German national who carried travel papers from Chechnya. He had spent time in Germany, they said, but had lived in Southern California for the last several years. They weren't clear on his alleged motives but speculated that he might have been furious over his mother's pending deportation.

And get this; the deputy who pulled Burkhart over and detained him isn't a "regular" officer!
Despite the hundreds of law enforcement officials on the case, the arrest was made by a reserve deputy, Shervin Lalezary. Sheriff Lee Baca said Lalezary is a Beverly Hills attorney who works as a reservist for $1 a year.

So, the guy referred to in the below link, 22-year-old Samuel Arrington of Sun Valley , is suspected of some fires at the beginning of this crime wave. But as the fires kept happening, LE knew there was at least one more person involved. I understand they served a SW at Arrington's home either yesterday or the day before.

From earlier reports today, the man taken into custody earlier today, is suspected of being the other person involved and no fires were started after this last person was taken into custody.

Hopefully, this is going to come to an end now. But I'm sure LE and the FD are going to be extra vigilant for at least one, maybe two more nights.

As other's have said, thank goodness no one was seriously hurt or killed.

Thank you LAPD! Oh, and I bet that 'rookey' volunteer is going to be offered a job soon. Good for him!

JMHO
fran

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...ideo-of-person-of-interest-in-rash-of-arsons/

One suspect is in custody, said police. And officer Sara Faden says he is believed to be responsible for at least the first two in the series of arsons.

The suspect was identified as 22-year-old Samuel Arrington of Sun Valley, who was arrested by Los Angeles police near La Brea Avenue and Sunset Boulevard about 1:30 a.m. Thursday for allegedly setting a fire in a garbage can outside a 7-Eleven and trying to ignite a fuel tank on a truck, police said.

Arrington was also suspected in a 1:12 a.m. trash bin fire at 1444 Poinsettia Place and a carport fire at 1434 Fuller Ave., where four vehicles and an apartment were damaged, city firefighters said Thursday.

WOW. That is exactly where the map up above showed the one area where a fire was set all 3 nights. I said it was centered between La Brea and Highland around Hollywood Blvd. And that is exactly where they found this guy setting the fire at 7/11.

The one they arrested today is 24.
"Harry Burkhart, 24, was booked for investigation of arson of an inhabited dwelling and was being held without bail, authorities said."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...9SDn9Q?docId=31698c9c814e4d1ebf2e7f54265c3a5c

This is where the confusion started:

The man police arrested remains something of a mystery. Law enforcement sources, speaking on condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing, first said the suspect was a 55-year-old named Harry Burkhart.
Police later said Burkhart was actually a 24-year-old German national who carried travel papers from Chechnya. He had spent time in Germany, they said, but had lived in Southern California for the last several years. They weren't clear on his alleged motives but speculated that he might have been furious over his mother's pending deportation.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-hollywood-arson-20120103,0,6022486.story

I wanted to come back to this and say I'm glad your son is ok. I wonder which of the three suspects is responsible for this fire.
Thank you LadyL. My sons are all fine and they did not even lose any of their valuables in the carport.

Reserve deputy who arrested arson suspect 'a true hero'

As hundreds of law enforcement officers looked for the suspect in a string of arson fires Monday, the lawman who spotted him was a reserve deputy who works as a real estate attorney in Beverly Hills by day and occasionally helps patrol West Hollywood at night.
"He is a true hero," says Sheriff Lee Baca of Shervin Lalezary. "He works for $1 a year."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evil.unmasked
Back