CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm confused. What happened to the big box they bought if they were leaving Wal-Mart after the check out counter? I never did see Hasanni's face but did notice his awkward walk. He looked awful tiny to me for his age. Anyone else think so???

Look at the time stamp. They're not on their way out at the "end," they're on their way in, I think.

Here's another version of the video from Walmart!!! Clearer images!
Sorry if posted already! Busy day for me...had a Dr apointment & flying around different threads today again! :winko:

VIDEO~ Surveillance Tape: Last Known Video Of Missing Boy 09/01/09 4:26pm PT
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54818@kpix.dayport.com

:angel:

An argument could be made but that would have to be such a stretch. Lake Elizabeth would be an extremely unlikely disposal spot for a kidnapper from Oakland. Why would they pick that loction to search over the many thousands of other locations he could be in the Bay Area? This baffles me. Is it possible that the t shirt lady thinks they did it and picked that spot? There can't be any possible reason the family would show up there.

Just MHO:

I think the "volunteer effort" has been really disorganized and very limited (and sometimes not that logical). From what I can tell, there are a few well-meaning souls (including t-shirt lady). Of course, t-shirt lady also is doing a fair amount of self-promotion too. (Her twitter mentions selling MJ memorial shirts, OPD fallen officer memorial shirts, other local death memorial shirts.) I also feel they really just don't know how to gather a cohesive or well-thought-out effort. That said, it's nice that someone has gotten involved and I hope it picks up steam.

I think Burris' involvement led to smarter decisions (like the makeover for JC, like getting the church that is five steps away from the parking lot involved).

I was surprised by the announcement of the location, but honestly, I've always doubted LR if guilty disposed so very close to home unless in a time crunch. But I would bet the family will show up to search -- without them, we're down to like 5 people and t-shirt lady, and any lack of family presence is noticeable at this point.

Maybe extended family (PC, TS, etc.) really believe in their innocence, so why not? Since it was announced by Courtney Burris and t-shirt lady, and no one else is really heavily involved in the volunteer group or directing its efforts, I'd say they're responsible for the location.

According to my wife, t-shirt lady began making the announcement and then stopped to turn to CB to ask where the search location was. CB responded Lake Elizabeth. Maybe this is a tactic by John Burris to "show" that Hasanni is not in Fremont.

One other thought: Lake Elizabeth is very Bay Area media accessible (much more than say Monterey). What's weird is that from the visual location and from Yelp descriptions, it looks really populated and near stores/etc. Very urban.

I agree it's an odd choice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lake-elizabeth-fremont

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...gl=us&cid=7035599745583769674&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

I just can't get past the Lake Elizabeth search location. It is a large urban well-used park. The very large Fremont Police Station is also on the grounds of Lake Elizabeth, along with the library, soccer fields, summer camps, baseball diamonds, water park and senior center. That being said. If I thought that they did it, it is not an unreasonable place to look if someone came in the middle of the night. It is a manmade pond. If I didn't think they did it it makes zero sense. Why not the Berkeley Marina, the Oakland Hills or the huge Tilden Park?

Just MHO:

I think the "volunteer effort" has been really disorganized and very limited (and sometimes not that logical). From what I can tell, there are a few well-meaning souls (including t-shirt lady). Of course, t-shirt lady also is doing a fair amount of self-promotion too. (Her twitter mentions selling MJ memorial shirts, OPD fallen officer memorial shirts, other local death memorial shirts.) I also feel they really just don't know how to gather a cohesive or well-thought-out effort. That said, it's nice that someone has gotten involved and I hope it picks up steam.

I think Burris' involvement led to smarter decisions (like the makeover for JC, like getting the church that is five steps away from the parking lot involved).

I was surprised by the announcement of the location, but honestly, I've always doubted LR if guilty disposed so very close to home unless in a time crunch. But I would bet the family will show up to search -- without them, we're down to like 5 people and t-shirt lady, and any lack of family presence is noticeable at this point.

Maybe extended family (PC, TS, etc.) really believe in their innocence, so why not? Since it was announced by Courtney Burris and t-shirt lady, and no one else is really heavily involved in the volunteer group or directing its efforts, I'd say they're responsible for the location.

According to my wife, t-shirt lady began making the announcement and then stopped to turn to CB to ask where the search location was. CB responded Lake Elizabeth. Maybe this is a tactic by John Burris to "show" that Hasanni is not in Fremont.

One other thought: Lake Elizabeth is very Bay Area media accessible (much more than say Monterey). What's weird is that from the visual location and from Yelp descriptions, it looks really populated and near stores/etc. Very urban.

I agree it's an odd choice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lake-elizabeth-fremont

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...gl=us&cid=7035599745583769674&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

bolded by me.

If Burris is choosing the search areas it's highly suspicious. IMO

They have to have strong evidence that Hassani is dead. There's no way they would stop looking for a missing child unless they had something solid.
Caylee was still listed as 'missing' after they found human decomp in Casey's car.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=NO-CHARGES-(UPDATE-ON-BCN20)-15-40

But Jordan said today that, "We strongly believe and know for a fact that Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland or College Avenue at 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10."

However, Jordan didn't offer any evidence to back up his assertion and left a brief news conference at police headquarters without taking any questions.

Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason told reporters that the last time anyone other than Ross or Campbell saw Hasanni was at the Walmart store in Fremont on Aug. 6, four days before Ross reported that Hasanni was missing.

Thomason gave reporters a video and pictures of Ross and Campbell with Hasanni and his sister at the store.

Hasanni was wearing blue jeans, a dark jacket, a red-and-blue hat and tennis shoes at the time.

bolded by me.
LOoked like gray sweatpants to me...although I guess it could be very light denims.

That is the most bizarre place that Burris could have sent them, unless he knew that there was nothing to find and it would give the appearance that someone in the family was still looking. But seriously, why would he not pick a place like the large number of woods in Oakland or Berkeley to make it seem less ludicrous?

bolded by me.

If Burris is choosing the search areas it's highly suspicious. IMO
I agree, Columbo ~ and what is his basis for choosing these locations if LR doesn't know what happened to Hasanni? :waitasec: MOO

I think it's quite likely they would have changed his clothes before hiding the body, anyway, to make sure nothing was mistakenly left behind.

(I would like to say that I don't like talking about Hasanni this way, but at times like this I revert back to my old forensics training to keep from being too much of a mom about this, which wouldn't help anyone.)
I think Hasanni's body would be dressed in that grey sweatsuit, otherwise LR's story about him being abducted while wearing those clothes would be completely blown apart. It seems highly unlikely that the "stranger perp" would have a change of clothes for him. MOO

I think Hasanni's body would be dressed in that grey sweatsuit, otherwise LR's story about him being abducted while wearing those clothes would be completely blown apart. It seems highly unlikely that the "stranger perp" would have a change of clothes for him. MOO

Well, yes, the body would be in the grey sweat suit now, but I am not sure the fact he was not in them at the store means much. But, you're right, though this would depend on how he died.

My husband worked at a carcrusher. he said if anybody wanted to get rid of a body that be the best way to do it.

they drop in to a firey pit and its nothing left but metal dust

that look like they just crush them, where my husband worked they heck now i dont even know what its called
i always called it the car crusher.

maybe if im down there i will take a pic this week

I wonder if 'Pick Your Part' has a car crusher that dumps the squished car into a fiery inferno. Now that would be a fool-proof way to leave no evidence.

LR seems oddly confident (but don't they all... until caught) that HC won't be found.

Does anyone know who had the idea to search Lake Elizabeth? Are they taking a cadaver dog?

Could you even imagine thinking about getting 'Little Mans closed changed before disposing of his body ? it just makes me ill. hose pants in WM video look grey, who says they were jeans

They have to have strong evidence that Hassani is dead. There's no way they would stop looking for a missing child unless they had something solid.
Caylee was still listed as 'missing' after they found human decomp in Casey's car.

My guess is that LE knows Hasanni is not alive - either from the CSI of the car or something we haven't been told yet.

Remember - The DA has to prove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that Ross and perhaps Jennifer murdered this child. A jury has to be convinced...so they may know Hasanni was murdered but can't prove who did it!!! Same with Casey Anthony...decomp in the car but remember the car had been towed away and was out of sight for a week or two....anybody could have put a body in that car while unattended (according to defense). mho

I agree! I'm surprised Ross didn't drop off a shoe, sock, or part of Hasanni's clothing near Shuz to reinforce the idea he was abducted.

Why is everyone saying Burris picked the spot that is being searched? Does anyone know how far this lake is from their home? TIA

I agree! I'm surprised Ross didn't drop off a shoe, sock, or part of Hasanni's clothing near Shuz to reinforce the idea he was abducted.

Why is everyone saying Burris picked the spot that is being searched? Does anyone know how far this lake is from their home? TIA

BBM

That would have been a smart move on his part - at least a shoe. But maybe his shoes couldn't fall off easily, due to his braces?

At least we aren't dealing with Einstein here.

Well, yes, the body would be in the grey sweat suit now, but I am not sure the fact he was not in them at the store means much. But, you're right, though this would depend on how he died.
Yes, it is important he wasn't wearing the sweatsuit at the store, because to me it seems whatever happened could've been the next day, or the following one, etc., even early on the 10th before LR went to the salvage yard. I think whatever injuries are on him LR's "defense" would be that the perp who abducted him inflicted them. I've always been curious if JC was working at the store those days between Hasanni last being seen at Walmart and the 10th? MOO

I think his shoes wouldn't come off easily due to his CP. LR was also probably leaving open the possibility that Hasanni had just wandered off. I don't think LR is a rocket scientist either though!! :D MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg