CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Allied Waste info is surprising. They definitely service that neighborhood. In order to have a special "bulky" pickup you have to schedule about 6 weeks advance and they will come on garbage day. Was Allied perhaps referring to commercial services for special pickups? I believe you are required to have garbage service here.

The Customer Service Rep said I would need to have an account for trash pick-up before a special pick-up could be scheduled. Sounds like there is no service to that house for trash. I know mine is combined with water and sewer...maybe someone else should call.

Lake Elizabeth is 16 minutes from their house (8.7 miles). http://tinyurl.com/m24nbt

That's not far IMO.

But how this location was picked, IDK. None of the articles I've read mention it. Is it the largest lake within 10 miles of their house? Maybe JC or LR pinged in the area? It seems a little too public. There must be more secluded areas there.

ETA: There are. Just dragging the map around a bit and it seems another 10 minutes and you could have been somewhere you'd be less likely to be seen.

Maybe they got an idea from a psychic they trust?

Someone had posted that the daughter of Burriss had provided the location which would lead me to believe it was being chosen by someone connected to the family. That is why I am so confused! Only someone who thought that they were guilty would pick that place, not Burris. Lake Elizabeth is about 15 minutes from their house and you can get there on 880 or several different routes on side streets. Lake Elizabeth is quite far from Oakland.

The options seem to be:

They have Allied and the CSR was mistaken or was told to say this.

They have something other than Allied.

They do not have any trash pickup service. Since they don't have a trash-hauling vehicle (unless it's the vehicle LR is fixing up LOL) I don't think this is likely. Babies and diapers mean you want someone hauling trash away.

Since trash pickup (Allied) is on Friday in that area, is it the same day if you hired someone else?

LOL we have one choice here for trash pickup so I don't know how it would work if there were multiple companies to choose from.

The options seem to be:

They do not have any trash pickup service. Since they don't have a trash-hauling vehicle (unless it's the vehicle LR is fixing up LOL) I don't think this is likely. Babies and diapers mean you want someone hauling trash away.

Since trash pickup (Allied) is on Friday in that area, is it the same day if you hired someone else?

LOL we have one choice here for trash pickup so I don't know how it would work if there were multiple companies to choose from.

Maybe they save their trash and hire a company to haul it away once a month. Maybe Ross drives to a landfill weekly - or maybe they use a neighbors trash. Who knows what they do???

The options seem to be:

Maybe they save up their trash and have it privately picked up monthly? Or use a landfill for dumping? Or use a neighbor's trash. Who knows what they do???

I checked the Allied site and it confirmed that every residence in Fremont is required to have garbage service. They are also required to use the Allied service.

sorry about so many post. my computer kept telling me I hadn't sent my message yet
: (

Someone had posted that the daughter of Burriss had provided the location which would lead me to believe it was being chosen by someone connected to the family. That is why I am so confused! Only someone who thought that they were guilty would pick that place, not Burris. Lake Elizabeth is about 15 minutes from their house and you can get there on 880 or several different routes on side streets. Lake Elizabeth is quite far from Oakland.

http://tinyurl.com/myh2zv

32 miles ... 55 minutes in traffic ...

For ANYONE to come up with Lake Elizabeth as a place to search is a little off to me. There are just so many places to choose from.

And to go TOWARD their home is a coincidence. (If this is a stranger abduction.)

http://www.fremont.gov/index.aspx?NID=139

There is only one company. Trash service is required at every residence in fremont.

Thank you! (from link, emphasis mine)

Allied Waste Services
All garbage services in Fremont are provided by Allied Waste Services. All residential and business properties are required by City law to have weekly garbage service.

So was the CSR wrong/lying or do they not have weekly service and are in violation of city law? Hmm!

I think we're set on the pickup being on Friday, so I don't believe they got rid of Hasanni that way.

http://tinyurl.com/myh2zv

32 miles ... 55 minutes in traffic ...

For ANYONE to come up with Lake Elizabeth as a place to search is a little off to me. There are just so many places to choose from.

And to go TOWARD their home is a coincidence. (If this is a stranger abduction.)

Thanks for checking too! I thought I was losing my mind about this being such an unlikely place for someone close to the family to pick for a search.

Ecatzippy, it's close to their HOUSE but Hasanni didn't disappear from there. How they chose that place -- I'd like to hear.

bbl tonight I hope

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail??blogid=95&entry_id=46803

Visit Jennifer Campbell at Shuz in Oakland; buy some shoes!
I just got this message at my Facebook page:

I'm sure you've been following the awful story about the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell. His foster mother is a very dear friend of mine, Jennifer Campbell. She is expecting a child, while desperately searching for Hasanni, and had to go back to work at "Shuz" in Rockridge today, the site of Hasanni's disappearance. She will probably only be able to work a short while but as she is paid mostly on commission, she needs to sell a lot of shoes. The media coverage of this whole tragic situation hasn't made it any easier. I am beseeching you to please visit "Shuz" on College Ave. in Rockridge. Ask for Jennifer Campbell. Buy some shoes. Please.

That is in very poor taste! I would like to know who sent him this email.
There are not comments on his blog yet, that is also weird.

Possible reasons that Burris or family might choose Lake Elizabeth?

- Burris seems to be backing away from LR and supporting JC. Maybe it's now in his interest if he feels JC won't be convicted (but could file a civil suit) to find the body.

- Attempt to "rule out" Fremont and by association LR and JC?

- They don't want to find the body so they are searching places where they know the body is not. They get to appear active and are not sweating it too much.

- Psychic tip or the like.

- Putting forth the theory of someone framing LR.

- Less travel for family members who need to show up at volunteer efforts for appearance but don't really want a long drive or heavy terrain.

Any others to add?

Maybe Burris' daughter made a mistake when she picked this location. I'm sure her father was horrified that she picked a location far from the kidnapping and close to the supsect's house.

One other thought. It's Labor Day weekend. The park is going to be full of people, especially from the descriptions of its features and popularity. People will likely be out with their families, bbqing or picnicking I assume.

- This makes it a REALLY odd choice for a search time and place.
- They will have tons of public watching them search, possibly? Witnesses/PR?

That is in very poor taste! I would like to know who sent him this email.
There are not comments on his blog yet, that is also weird.

Perhaps they are deleting the negative ones. I assume a lot of people will be on there telling her what she can do with her shuz.

One other thought. It's Labor Day weekend. The park is going to be full of people, especially from the descriptions of its features and popularity. People will likely be out with their families, bbqing or picnicking I assume.

- This makes it a REALLY odd choice for a search time and place.
- They will have tons of public watching them search, possibly? Witnesses/PR?

Perhaps that is on purpose to try to drum up more volunteers and public interest. And get LR and JC to squeeze a few tears in front of potential jurors.

I hope I haven't misunderstood but I do want to comment about Burris.

I really can't imagine that Mr. Burris, given his reputation within not only his community but also his national reputation would do anything to compromise himself and/or his professional standing by having knowledge of where Hasanni's body is and not informing LE.

I don't think he's in any kind of cahoots with LWR. I don't think he thinks of LWR as innocent given his lack of comments about LWR. He may think JC is though.

Just want to throw in my :twocents: that's about all it's worth too. I don't particularily like defense attn's but they are a part of the legal machine, a cog that is very needed.

But one thing that really stumps me is why Burris' daughter is involved at all. Does she have a reputation in Oakland for helping victims and/or is she looking to build one? I don't know her history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy