CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I haven't misunderstood but I do want to comment about Burris.

I really can't imagine that Mr. Burris, given his reputation within not only his community but also his national reputation would do anything to compromise himself and/or his professional standing by having knowledge of where Hasanni's body is and not informing LE.

I don't think he's in any kind of cahoots with LWR. I don't think he thinks of LWR as innocent given his lack of comments about LWR. He may think JC is though.

Just want to throw in my :twocents: that's about all it's worth too. I don't particularily like defense attn's but they are a part of the legal machine, a cog that is very needed.

But one thing that really stumps me is why Burris' daughter is involved at all. Does she have a reputation in Oakland for helping victims and/or is she looking to build one? I don't know her history.

I was thinking about this - perhaps she is trying to get into public service of some sort. Is she a member (or possibly exec) of the Ascending Sisters org?

The president of Ascending Sisters has the first name Teray.

I am totally blanking on what Ms Burris' first name is... It's been a rough day.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13262573

The reward for information leading to the conviction of the person or people who abducted Hasanni Campbell, the disabled Fremont boy was reported missing nearly a month ago, has jumped to $60,000, authorities said today. The Oakland Police Department's Crime Stoppers Program received $50,000 in contributions from the Alameda County supervisors and the county of San Francisco.

Alameda County Supervisors Gail Steele and Scott Haggerty initiated the move to increase the reward by $25,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of the 5-year-old boy, who was reported missing Aug. 10 from the rear driveway of Shuz of Rockridge.

Gail Steele is well known for her advocacy of children's issues, I think - she was the one who recently got the money for the memorial for that dead baby found in a discarded freezer in Fremont.

FYI: The Reward for Hasanni Campbell was upped to $60,000 for information leading to the conviction of the person or people who abducted Hasanni Campbell!!!

I hope that this brings anyone forward who hasn't come forth yet....All I know I would come forward no reward or not if I knew where or what happened to a missing child!

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_13262577

:angel:

Sorry about that! I gave them 5997 Roxie Terrace. I just went back and edited the mistake. I gave them the right address...she looked it up and said there was presently NO pickup at that address and asked me if I had just moved in. I called customer Service, she sounded young and was very nice. I double checked and finally asked what day pick-up was for this area and she said every Friday.

Sorry about the typo!

I figured you did, just wanted to make sure. Good work on getting the info!

Courtney Tascoe-Burris is John Burris' daughter.

Yes, I know that. Kat was just wondering specifically why she was in charge of the search efforts, so I was wondering if maybe she was the head of the Ascending Sisters organization that has taken on the case.

ETA: On closer inspection, FF, were you supplying me her first name? At first glance I thought you were letting me know about the relation to Burris. In any case, thanks.

The options seem to be:

They have Allied and the CSR was mistaken or was told to say this.

They have something other than Allied.

They do not have any trash pickup service. Since they don't have a trash-hauling vehicle (unless it's the vehicle LR is fixing up LOL) I don't think this is likely. Babies and diapers mean you want someone hauling trash away.

Since trash pickup (Allied) is on Friday in that area, is it the same day if you hired someone else?

LOL we have one choice here for trash pickup so I don't know how it would work if there were multiple companies to choose from.

Hi Noway: I'm trying to figure this out from work. I highly doubt the Customer SR was told not to say anything. It was a random call - I could hear her plugging the address into her computer. When she asked me if I had just moved in, I asked her about arranging a special pick-up. She told me before that could happen, I would need to open an an account. Can't imagine why LE would have the screen altered. I asked what day trash was picked up and she said 'Friday' of each week. She thought I was a new resident...I'm quite sure of that.

Maybe it's as simple as Allied not servicing that particular address because Ross pays for a private pickup when needed...or they throw the trash in dumpsters around town (I think many people do just that). Maybe Ross and Jennifer are renting the home. I don't think the answer was fixed in any way..it all seemed quite honest.

Wonder where that minifridge was? I saw the huge box but that was definitely no minifridge lol.

I'm not sure someone could wheel around a minifridge in one of those regular shopping carts. But I guess that depends on just how mini this minifridge was.

I'm not sure someone could wheel around a minifridge in one of those regular shopping carts. But I guess that depends on just how mini this minifridge was.

Hi Whyaduck: Gosh, I didn't know Walmart carried mini-fridges. Didn't even know they carried appliances. Learn something new everyday! :waitasec:

I really can't imagine that Mr. Burris, given his reputation within not only his community but also his national reputation would do anything to compromise himself and/or his professional standing by having knowledge of where Hasanni's body is and not informing LE.

I don't think he's in any kind of cahoots with LWR. I don't think he thinks of LWR as innocent given his lack of comments about LWR. He may think JC is though.

Just want to throw in my :twocents: that's about all it's worth too. I don't particularily like defense attn's but they are a part of the legal machine, a cog that is very needed.

But one thing that really stumps me is why Burris' daughter is involved at all. Does she have a reputation in Oakland for helping victims and/or is she looking to build one? I don't know her history.

bolded by me.

First I thought of OJ's lawyers--I'm sure they knew he was guilty but did they give a rip? I guess the difference is, there were 2 bodies. However, there's Hans Reiser -- his lawyer must have had some influence on him basically confessing and taking LE to the body of Nina.

I don't know why Burris' daughter would be involved, either.
Sorry if I'm rambling.

Of course you know I went to the Walmart website and looked up if they carried minifridge's. LOL.

They do. In fact, when I saw them I remembered that I had seen them on a back to school college dorm aisle.

I only glanced at one of the types they carry but it only weighed Shipping Weight (in pounds): 46.7

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4858055

I think they might carry several types I don't know. Interesting theory.

i totally agree with you. IMO Mr. Burris is an excellent attorney and i highly doubt he would be in cahoots with anyone. he gets a bad rap because he goes after cops, but if you look at the cases he represents people in, they are usually justified. he also gets a bad rap because when he comes for them, he brings it fierce. he's been right about this case so far, he said they jumped the gun with the arrests in order to try and press them and that is seemingly exactly what they did, as evidenced by them having to release the two for lack of evidence. i don't think i've ever read where he says that he thinks that they are innocent or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy