CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it, either. I can see the need to be positive in looking for Hasanni, but this does fly in the face of logic, and shows denial of LE's conclusions. Why?
While I think it's good somebody is searching for Hasanni, I've had my questions about SM/JB from the beginning. It kind of reminds me of the two PIs looking through the woods near the Anthonys house, not finding Caylee, etc. In other words, a staged search by somebody who doesn't want the remains to be found so the hope can remain that Hasanni is still alive and deflect attention away from LR. :waitasec: MOO

I stand corrected. I went back and looked at the two posts. I have no idea what point they were trying to convey. "He was an engineer, and he got laid off so he went back to school to support his family" or something to that effect?!? That's not an exact quote but it's pretty close. How does going back to school solve his families need for support on the short term? Stands to reason that if he got laid off and his family needed support he would have GOTTEN ANOTHER JOB!
What "engineer" goes back to school to become a medical assistant? The pay grade seems way below that of someone with a degree in engineering. Unless of course, the person is something like a "waste management engineer", aka garbage collector. MOO

What "engineer" goes back to school to become a medical assistant? The pay grade seems way below that of someone with a degree in engineering. Unless of course, the person is something like a "waste management engineer", aka garbage collector. MOO

I'd be really curious to know which one it really is....engineer, computer whatchamacallit, consultant.... :waitasec:...my guess, none of the above. Looks to me as if he was doing what sixteen year old's have done since the beginning of time. Babysitting, and going to school.....except he's pushing 40.

Yup Panthera and even a waste management engineer would make a lot more money and have better benefits than a medical assistant LOL and JMHO.

Yup Panthera and even a waste management engineer would make a lot more money and have better benefits than a medical assistant LOL and JMHO.
That is so true also. :)

Since police had already mentioned the junkyard sighting, I'm assuming that the person/people in question had already been interviewed by LE. This sounds a little more to me like a rationalization for why Wal-mart is not the last known independent sighting? I'm assuming questions we had here like did the person actually see the child, could they vouch for 2 children, and are they sure it wasn't Aaliyah have been asked of the junk yard employee by LE and ruled out.

I hate to bring this up, but can anyone inform us as to decomp rates for different body disposal scenarios? I know there are exceptions (I recall one case where someone used a dumpster, five gallons of gasoline and lit a fire that still was not successful in obscuring evidence when finally found).

But on average, how long can evidence of foul play be preserved in different scenarios (fire, water, burial, container use, etc.)? I'm not really educated in the area.

I hate to bring this up, but can anyone inform us as to decomp rates for different body disposal scenarios? I know there are exceptions (I recall one case where someone used a dumpster, five gallons of gasoline and lit a fire that still was not successful in obscuring evidence when finally found).

But on average, how long can evidence of foul play be preserved in different scenarios (fire, water, burial, container use, etc.)? I'm not really educated in the area.
I believe it all depends what type of injury caused the death and whether it would be visible on the skeletonized remains. I would imagine a body the size of Hasanni's with the summer heat could possible be completely decomposed (skeletal) by now. I remember in Caylee's case someone saying if her body had been found in August (presumably 2 mo. after death) instead of December it wouldn't make much difference as to determining COD. Of course the humidity level in FL is probably a lot higher than in northern CA. If the skeleton is intact, it could be a great help in telling if bones were broken or not. MOO

Of course, a medical assistant would not make any more money than a computer engineer, computer programmer, web developer, or virtually any respectable (let alone management) position in the computer industry -- even freelancers, usually.

The point made here has merit: why would someone with an engineering degree do this?

We know she graduated Cal, but do we have proof he went to college? His education seems suspiciously absent from what appears to be quite a long, involved resume. I know talented, self-taught computer programmers who still list certifications and community college courses on their resumes.

His resume here, for reference:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates ***NO DISCUSSION HERE***

Of course, a medical assistant would not make any more money than a computer engineer, computer programmer, web developer, or virtually any respectable (let alone management) position in the computer industry -- even freelancers, usually.

The point made here has merit: why would someone with an engineering degree do this?

We know she graduated Cal, but do we have proof he went to college? His education seems suspiciously absent from what appears to be quite a long, involved resume. I know talented, self-taught computer programmers who still list certifications and community college courses on their resumes.

His resume here, for reference:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates ***NO DISCUSSION HERE***
Even without a college degree, if he had been in CT in any form, he'd still be in a higher income level than as a medical assistant. The only thing I can think of is the current job market being saturated with CTs and the medical field having more possibilities for employment. Just a guess as to why he'd choose this career change! MOO

For what it's worth, it sounds like this is a local viewpoint of someone who took part in the search effort (linking to other board):

Help Find The Missing - View Single Post - Hasanni Campbell , 5, Oakland, CA, 8/10/09

That is a really interesting link. I can't believe there are people in Fremont who don't know about Hassani! Maybe it was a good idea after all to have a search in Fremont so people in Hasanni's home town could get involved.

What's up with the donations? It sounds as if some of the money collected is not going where it should.

I really hope I'm permitted to do this..here are the posts from the mystery poster....

Quote:
he's not a medical assistant yet...he's a student. he was an engineer and got laid-off and went back to school to support his family. I know this because he was in my class and I believe he's innocent and he can never harm anyone especially not his "son"

Quote:
I agree with you...I know Ross or Mr. Ross as we call him in class. He is very well-educated and would never hurt anyone, always been a gentleman. I truly hope they can prove him innocent.

It could be LR but "always been a gentleman" seems like something a women would say?? Maybe she and LR:blowkiss:????

I really hope I'm permitted to do this..here are the posts from the mystery poster....

Quote:
he's not a medical assistant yet...he's a student. he was an engineer and got laid-off and went back to school to support his family. I know this because he was in my class and I believe he's innocent and he can never harm anyone especially not his "son"

Quote:
I agree with you...I know Ross or Mr. Ross as we call him in class. He is very well-educated and would never hurt anyone, always been a gentleman. I truly hope they can prove him innocent.

It could be LR but "always been a gentleman" seems like something a women would say?? Maybe she and LR:blowkiss:????

[bolded by me]

Hi merimer - sounds like MR. Ross' sociopathic charm was turned up all the way in that class!!

(respectfully snipped)

It sounds like something coming from someone who is more than a classmate, or else he's just being charming while there. MOO

[bolded by me]

Hi merimer - sounds like MR. Ross' sociopathic charm was turned up all the way in that class!!

I remember an ex-girlfriend once telling me that she was always wary of men who were outspoken about "what a gentleman" they were -- too many flowers, big show of door openings for women, or talking on the first date about how they "believe in being a gentleman" or "treating women like goddesses."

She said she felt that the real gentle spirits who respected women didn't need to toot that horn -- it was such a given part of their belief systems there was no need for show. She said that in her experience, the men who broadcasted it were focused on outer "signs" of respect for women, because they didn't really get that it should come out in their reactions, communication, honesty, in their daily lives.

Something about your observation here brought me back to that conversation.

I remember an ex-girlfriend once telling me that she was always wary of men who were outspoken about "what a gentleman" they were -- too many flowers, big show of door openings for women, or talking on the first date about how they "believe in being a gentleman" or "treating women like goddesses."

She said she felt that the real gentle spirits who respected women didn't need to toot that horn -- it was such a given part of their belief systems there was no need for show. She said that in her experience, the men who broadcasted it were focused on outer "signs" of respect for women, because they didn't really get that it should come out in their reactions, communication, honesty, in their daily lives.

Something about your observation here brought me back to that conversation.

bolded by me.

You just described Scott Peterson! Scary.

One other note. I am not sure it matters at all, but is there any value in finding out which school LR was going to in order to get his medical assistant credential? I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If anyone can think of a reason this might matter or shed insight, I'm willing to give it a go.

I had a friend that attended a course to be a MA. She did this a couple years after we were out of high school so that was a gazillion years ago.

I did know that it's not a well paying job even now.

I found this data, and it just gives us a ball park figure on what the income might be..etc. This course does require either a year or two year degree (not associates). Then the student can take a certification test. Something along those lines. It's not enough to support a family and quite frankly it's not a logical career path into the medical field if someone has a degree and has been an engineer. JMHO.

The median annual salary for medical assistants as of May 2007 was $27,430, though numbers vary depending on experience, skill level and location.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics for 2007, the states with the highest average salaries for medical assistants are:

State
Salary

District of Columbia $35,640
Alaska $33,530
Massachusetts $32,940
Connecticut $32,680
Washington $31,860

http://www.medicalassistants.info/blog/medical-assistant-employment-and-earnings

For instance DC is a very HCOLA and the income listed above is one that I can't imagine giving a single person a very hardscrabble exsistence much less someone that like to have all the accoutrements (or those *symbols* that are perceived to be so) of the successful life. KWIM?

Please know that I am not busting his chops, I know what it's like to not have and to want, but I have learned the hard way life is much easier when you learn to want what you have and leave the rest to those that can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy