Found Deceased CA - Heather Gumina Waters, 33, Pleasant Valley, 17 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the article:

[...]

Anthony and Heather Gumina have a history of domestic abuse with a hearing on a denied restraining order set for today and still listed on the El Dorado County Superior Court calendar.
[...]
Snipped by me for focus.
BBM

Do we know the result of the hearing on the denied restraining order?
Was the hearing set for 08/23/2019 (the date of the article)?

Snipped by me for focus.
BBM

Do we know the result of the hearing on the denied restraining order?
Was the hearing set for 08/23/2019 (the date of the article)?
I don't know the result, unless it's been mentioned in an article and I've missed it.

I do see a number of case numbers along with the file dates but can't access any further information (ie: hearing date) without submitting a request:

IF YOU HAVE A CASE NUMBER
If you have a case number and you would like to see the file, submit Local Form M-5. You can submit the form by mail or in person at the clerk’s counter.

If you are requesting a search of more than 3 names and/or case files your request will need to be left at the Court for processing. All requests left at the Court will be conducted on a first come/first serve basis and will be completed within 15 business days.

Superior Court of the County of El Dorado - Online Services - Record Search Requests

I don't know. My mom broke her collar bone earlier this year. She couldn't even lift her arm for more than 2 months. I can't imagine someone driving a stick shift. She COULD have punched the guy with the other fist. But this whole story is sounding fishier and fishier.

I don't know. My mom broke her collar bone earlier this year. She couldn't even lift her arm for more than 2 months. I can't imagine someone driving a stick shift. She COULD have punched the guy with the other fist. But this whole story is sounding fishier and fishier.
Ita.

Still no Heather found yet.....

Heather Waters Gumina Search Team

No updates, but someone saw something interesting this morning.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but something about helicopters pulling up plants by the water. Something about a drug plant. Feel bad for family and friends- the daily being on edge, waiting for news is so stressful and agonizing.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but something about helicopters pulling up plants by the water. Something about a drug plant. Feel bad for family and friends- the daily being on edge, waiting for news is so stressful and agonizing.
Agree with you 100%, can't begin to imagine what it's like to live that out.

I understand AG has a court date later this month. It will be interesting to see if something comes to light before that date.

EDSO - Currently In Custody

*Booked Yesterday 9/6/19*

Anthony Gumina
Felony charges: CRPL INJ:SPOUS/COHAB/DATE, VIOL OF PROBATION
Well, I guess it's a start. Hopefully, there is more to come. MOO

Law section.
273.5. (a)
Any person who willfully inflicts corporal injury resulting in a traumatic condition upon a victim described in subdivision (b) is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years, or in a county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of up to six thousand dollars ($6,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment.

(b) Subdivision (a) shall apply if the victim is or was one or more of the following:

(1) The offender’s spouse or former spouse.

(2) The offender’s cohabitant or former cohabitant.

(3) The offender’s fiancé or fiancée, or someone with whom the offender has, or previously had, an engagement or dating relationship, as defined in paragraph (10) of subdivision (f) of Section 243.

(4) The mother or father of the offender’s child.

(continued at the link)

69756299_2464292340307072_2083449843144982528_n.jpg

Yesterday the charges showed up as ^^^^^^

Today the charges are:
1203.2(A) F VIOL OF PROBATION
273.5(A) F CRPL INJ:SPOUS/COHAB/DATE

GUMINA, ANTHONY JOHN P19CRF0381-1 9/6/2019

What does the felony charges mean. :oops:
What this means is that the underlying charge for which he was previously sentenced to probation (or incarceration followed by probation) was a felony. Violation of probation can lead to having probation revoked and having to complete the term in jail. These are connected to felonies from prior crimes. A felony is the highest level of criminal charges.

It is not clear if that 273.5 charge is new or not.

Yay! They finally arrested him!! Haven’t charged him with murder (yet), but now they have him in a good spot. He might tell his cell mate, or he may give into questioning by detectives.. It’s so sad to say murder because I feel so horrible for her family. It would be amazing if we’re wrong :(

It's been reported in the FB search group that Heather's body has been found and her husband charged with first-degree murder. That's all I know and while the news isn't officially confirmed, I believe it to be correct. I'm tremendously saddened by this news as I've been following this case, hoping for a more positive outcome (like everyone else, I imagine).

The missing person case of Heather Gumina has transitioned into a homicide investigation.

On the evening of Sept 6th, Anthony Gumina was arrested on an outstanding no bail warrant for domestic violence. El Dorado County Detectives simultaneously conducted a search warrant in the Pleasant Valley area of El Dorado County.

During the search, detectives located what is believed to be the remains of Heather Gumina, Anthony Gumina's wife, who was reported missing on July 19th.

Following the discovery, EDSO detectives arrested Anthony Gumina for homicide. At this time and in order to protect the integrity of this homicide investigation, no further information is being released.

El Dorado County Sheriff's Office

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back