CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was dead set on voluntarily missing last night but when I woke up I started thinking that so many signs point to foul play. Occam’s Razor tells me she never left the building.

Video of her in alley behind apartment building with dog. Dog found on 28th floor of same building but no Heidi. No sign of Heidi ever since then. Add in that she told her boyfriend she was scared, friends saying she was “worried,” her nervous behavior at son’s game right before and the fact that she left early. She went to that building and disappeared. WAS HER CAR FOUND IN GARAGE??? If so, I think she maybe never left that building.

I’m starting to think with her name attached to all those LLC’s and Muffin Man’s fraud investigation she may have been used and knew too much. I do think she knew some of what he was doing and benefited from it, but I’m thinking she was mostly just a patsy. Just my latest feeling.
I change my mind every day. I'm not ruling out that she left voluntarily but it's last on my list. I'm still very much thinking that she has been a victim of foul play. Who I believe might be responsible seems to change hour by hour.

Last edited:
My hunch after following similar cases to this (police this level of quiet) is they believe her to be alive. If she went into that building and never left, they would have found a body by now, or had a press conference.

This case reminds me a bit of the Uber driver that went missing in downtown LA. Family/friends had it in the media, police stayed quiet, he popped up a few weeks later.

My hunch after following similar cases to this (police this level of quiet) is they believe her to be alive. If she went into that building and never left, they would have found a body by now, or had a press conference.

This case reminds me a bit of the Uber driver that went missing in downtown LA. Family/friends had it in the media, police stayed quiet, he popped up a few weeks later.
Perhaps. Except in the Uber driver's case, a dozen LAPD robbery/homicide detectives did not descend upon his home, guns drawn, to raid it. And as soon as LE located him at a hospital they openly announced it. jmo

I was going to post this last evening, but got busy and never got to do it, and when I went to get the clip to post with this, I see it was updated for the LA local 10pm news, and the part I am about to reference was cut out in the later edition. In a clip that was shot just before the beginning of the vigil, the same reporter was talking to the same two friends, and again, the black-haired friend with the jewel in her nose, stated that Heidi's dog was found on the 29th floor of the building. I have heard her say this in at least one other interview sometime midweek last week. Almost every other bit of news we have seen that mentions a floor, states the dog was found on the 28th floor, not the 29th. It seems a friend as close to Heidi as she seems to be would be following the news enough to know that, but it also seems that if she is indeed that close, perhaps she is privy to info that the rest of us don't have. So which is it, the 28th floor, or the 29th? I hope LE scoured that entire building and am sure they know which floor the dog was found on, but it also seems like every tidbit of information that comes out in this case is still debatable. JMO

Friends Of Heidi Planck Hold Vigil For The Missing Mother

Last edited:
What about the bizarre muffin drop off?
What drew Heidi to Melrose to make it a part of her every-day life? ETA: It's at least a 20-40 minute drive, depending on traffic, from her home.

From the article -
As her friends walked through Melrose speaking to strangers they learned about the impact Planck has had on those in the community.

“I really believe that who you are and your character is who you are when nobody is looking,” said a friend. “The fact that when walking the streets and talking to these random people that were part of Heidi’s everyday life and the way that they just gushed about her, the same way her friends do. I think it’s a testament to who she is and how she showed up every day.”

Do we know when the ex discovered that the dog was found in the apartment building? In this clip the reporter says that she was reported missing and then her dog was found. I would like to know what happened first. Did the discovery of the dog being found lead to the missing persons report?

I was going to post this last evening, but got busy and never got to do it, and when I went to get the clip to post with this, I see it was updated for the LA local 10pm news, and the part I am about to reference was cut out in the later edition. In a clip that was shot just before the beginning of the vigil, the same reporter was talking to the same two friends, and again, the black-haired friend with the jewel in her nose, stated that Heidi's dog was found on the 29th floor of the building. I have heard her say this in at least one other interview sometime midweek last week. Every other bit of news we have seen that mentions a floor, states the dog was found on the 28th floor, not the 29th. It seems a friend as close to Heidi as she seemed to be would be following the news enough to know that, but it also seems that if she is indeed that close, perhaps she is privy to info that the rest of us don't have. So which is it, the 28th floor, or the 29th? I hope LE scoured that entire building and am sure they know which floor the dog was found on, but it also seems like every tidbit of information that comes out in this case is still debatable. JMO

29th has popped up before.

I was dead set on voluntarily missing last night but when I woke up I started thinking that so many signs point to foul play. Occam’s Razor tells me she never left the building.

Video of her in alley behind apartment building with dog. Dog found on 28th floor of same building but no Heidi. No sign of Heidi ever since then. Add in that she told her boyfriend she was scared, friends saying she was “worried,” her nervous behavior at son’s game right before and the fact that she left early. She went to that building and disappeared. WAS HER CAR FOUND IN GARAGE??? If so, I think she maybe never left that building.

I’m starting to think with her name attached to all those LLC’s and Muffin Man’s fraud investigation she may have been used and knew too much. I do think she knew some of what he was doing and benefited from it, but I’m thinking she was mostly just a patsy. Just my latest feeling.
I believe JW stated her car was not found in the garage, but the garage does not have guest parking. Guests park on the street or in a (paid) private lot across from the building. Voluntary missing goes up and down my short list too. I am worried about her state of mind given the amount of stuff going on.

Do we know when the ex discovered that the dog was found in the apartment building? In this clip the reporter says that she was reported missing and then her dog was found. I would like to know what happened first. Did the discovery of the dog being found lead to the missing persons report?
I believe her ex-husband reported her missing before he found the dog.

There was a missing report, a wellness check and another visit to her home before they found the messages on her phone about the dog.

ETA: The timeline is in the media thread on page 1 of this thread.

Last edited:

I don't think so. According to JW, he scrolled through the phone after he filed the missing person report and that is when he saw the messages from the good samaritans about the dog.

"A couple who lived in the apartment block looked after the dog for a week as they were unable to get in touch with the owner, before Planck’s ex-husband eventually tracked it down."

Heidi Planck's mother says her daughter was making plans to see her at Thanksgiving - Texas News Today

I've been thinking about the call JW received, reportedly from the SEC. I don't think it was the SEC calling. I think it was an associate of JS trying to find out from JW if he'd found anything incriminating about JS on the laptop (JS knew JW had the laptop and JW was refusing to give it to JS).

The SEC doesn't call an employee's ex-husband of 9 years to gossip about the boss of his ex-wife. I think JS was desperate to know what, if anything, JW found on that laptop. And the assistant telling JW that Heidi had been embezzling and they had proof of it was an attempt to blackmail JW into giving up the laptop in exchange for keeping Heidi out of trouble. jmo

"Wayne told the Mail that he received a phone call from the Securities and Exchange Commission asking about Sugarman four days after Planck disappeared.

[...]

“While I was on the phone with his assistant, I heard Sugarman in the background barking at his assistant to tell me, ‘Make sure he knows I want my laptop,'” Wayne alleged.

“There was no concern at all from my ex-wife’s employer. It’s a multimillion-dollar company, they didn’t offer to hire a private investigator or put up a reward. The only thing they really seemed concerned about was Heidi’s computer,” he alleged, adding he turned the laptop over to the cops.

But when Wayne called back several days later, the assistant accused his former wife of “siphoning off money from the company” and claimed Sugarman had “proof.”

Missing California mom knew where boss' 'bones are buried' | Toronto Sun

I believe JW stated her car was not found in the garage, but the garage does not have guest parking. Guests park on the street or in a (paid) private lot across from the building. Voluntary missing goes up and down my short list too. I am worried about her state of mind given the amount of stuff going on.
Ah I missed that—thank you. It sort of sounds like they have not found her car then, but why no big message to the public to be on the lookout for it? So mysterious.

I don't think so. According to JW, he scrolled through the phone after he filed the missing person report and that is when he saw the messages from the good samaritans about the dog.

"A couple who lived in the apartment block looked after the dog for a week as they were unable to get in touch with the owner, before Planck’s ex-husband eventually tracked it down."

Heidi Planck's mother says her daughter was making plans to see her at Thanksgiving - Texas News Today
Very good article, thanks for sharing it.

I've been thinking about the call JW received, reportedly from the SEC. I don't think it was the SEC calling. I think it was an associate of JS trying to find out from JW if he'd found anything incriminating about JS on the laptop (JS knew JW had the laptop and JW was refusing to give it to JS).

The SEC doesn't call an employee's ex-husband of 9 years to gossip about the boss of his ex-wife. I think JS was desperate to know what, if anything, JW found on that laptop. And the assistant telling JW that Heidi had been embezzling and they had proof of it was an attempt to blackmail JW into giving up the laptop in exchange for keeping Heidi out of trouble. jmo

"Wayne told the Mail that he received a phone call from the Securities and Exchange Commission asking about Sugarman four days after Planck disappeared.

[...]

“While I was on the phone with his assistant, I heard Sugarman in the background barking at his assistant to tell me, ‘Make sure he knows I want my laptop,'” Wayne alleged.

“There was no concern at all from my ex-wife’s employer. It’s a multimillion-dollar company, they didn’t offer to hire a private investigator or put up a reward. The only thing they really seemed concerned about was Heidi’s computer,” he alleged, adding he turned the laptop over to the cops.

But when Wayne called back several days later, the assistant accused his former wife of “siphoning off money from the company” and claimed Sugarman had “proof.”

I was thinking desperate, unscrupulous reporter, but I really like your thinking on this.

[...]

How do you think JS knew JW had the laptop? Maybe the SEC call was fishing to see if JW had it, a fishing expedition. Unless JS & Co had a way to know when the laptop was accessed and where.

I would so love an LE presser today!

How do you think JS knew JW had the laptop? Maybe the SEC call was fishing to see if JW had it, a fishing expedition. Unless JS & Co had a way to know when the laptop was accessed and where.

I would so love an LE presser today!
My guess is that JW told him, or his assistant, in his incessant babbling. The statement, ‘Make sure he knows I want my laptop', implies JS knew JW had it or it would have been, 'Make sure Heidi knows I want my laptop'.

It's also interesting that JS refers to the laptop as his. His as in his own personal laptop or his as in it belongs to his business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*