CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not seem strange to me. The MSM never picked up on the story early as LA is huge and many people go missing all the time. It most likely took that long with a lot of prodding by friends and family to get the story in the news. IMO
I don’t agree. Several stations have dedicated spaces on their sites for missing people. The local news jumped on her case the moment the police posted the Missing Persons report, 11 days after she went missing.
I can’t imagine there being a protocol that would prevent anyone from going to the news or setting up something, way before the 28th. This is a high profile attention grabbing situation. It’s interesting, too, that JW had no comment or participation at the Vigil.
I am struck though by the lack of response from the LA Times. Maybe it goes to the RHD division “stand down” order and it’s unwillingness to confirm anything about its investigation, even the ally video. Who leaked that info?

Does not seem strange to me. The MSM never picked up on the story early as LA is huge and many people go missing all the time. It most likely took that long with a lot of prodding by friends and family to get the story in the news. IMO
I don’t agree. Several stations have dedicated spaces on their sites for missing people. The local news jumped on her case the moment the police posted the Missing Persons report, 11 days after she went missing.
I can’t imagine there being a protocol that would prevent anyone from going to the news or setting up something, way before the 28th. This is a high profile attention grabbing situation. It’s interesting, too, that JW had no comment or participation at the Vigil.
I am struck though by the lack of response from the LA Times. Maybe it goes to the RHD division “stand down” order and it’s unwillingness to confirm anything about its investigation, even the ally video. Who leaked that info?

The Poshmart is interesting if not for any other reason than her ability to disguise herself. She looks totally different in the brunette wig. She could have gone into H&F and looked totally different. She could have come out looking totally different. Jmho

Just to add she appears to be a James Bond Fan with her dogs name, her sons name and it seems to me she had a picture of her in front of a dilapidated building with the words Bond and 007 spray painted on it. Maybe she is playing spy or something.

What drew Heidi to Melrose to make it a part of her every-day life? ETA: It's at least a 20-40 minute drive, depending on traffic, from her home.

From the article -
As her friends walked through Melrose speaking to strangers they learned about the impact Planck has had on those in the community.

“I really believe that who you are and your character is who you are when nobody is looking,” said a friend. “The fact that when walking the streets and talking to these random people that were part of Heidi’s everyday life and the way that they just gushed about her, the same way her friends do. I think it’s a testament to who she is and how she showed up every day.”

Friends Of Heidi Planck Hold Vigil For The Missing Mother

Was she delivering marijuana part-time? My son had a friend who did that in LA. This was when medical marijuana (versus recreational) was legal. I don't know if delivery is still a big deal considering it's legal for recreational use. MOO.

Last edited:
I am catching up on this case. I live in Los Angeles. When sleuthing HP, I found she used to live a few blocks away from me before moving to the Palms area house. I also know DTLA quite well as I spend time there. I'm at my place in the desert right now, but will do some scouting when I get back.

The marijuana dispensary/business talk interests me because my area in LA is essentially known for the inordinate amount of weed dispensaries and all the cannabis cafes going in.

"New Cannabis Consumption Lounge Wants to Open in West Hollywood’s Shuttered Flaming Saddles - Eater LA" New Cannabis Consumption Lounge Wants to Open in West Hollywood’s Shuttered Flaming Saddles

My area in the High Desert of CA (San Bernardino County) has been in the news a lot lately for the Lauren Cho case and for the weekly raids on the increasing number of illegal cannabis grows out here. Most owned by Mexican and Chinese cartels.

"Four LA County Men Among 34 Arrested in SB County Marijuana Busts – NBC Los Angeles" Four Los Angeles County Men Among 34 Arrested in SB County Marijuana Busts

"Exclusive look at San Bernardino County Sheriff's push to stop illegal marijuana grow houses" Exclusive look at San Bernardino County Sheriff's push to stop illegal marijuana grow houses

The Palms house and the multiple LLCs attached to it is definitely interesting.

On the alley behind H+F: Take a walk behind via Google Street view for a clearer sense of it. There's not much to it.

Someone mentioned the possibility that JS might keep a corporate apartment there at H+F (there are furnished units there) or that HP did for a side hustle. I like both of these thoughts, though this remains in the speculation only department.

This case is a lot! There are so many moving parts and layers involved.

MOO.

It being forced to be an all cash business is a huge problem. I’m wondering if I imagined this but wasn’t some. Venture capitalist type robbed or something recently and he had started finding something or whatever. I’m wondering the name being on LLC registrations may have made a target. Must go find now.

The Poshmart is interesting if not for any other reason than her ability to disguise herself. She looks totally different in the brunette wig. She could have gone into H&F and looked totally different. She could have come out looking totally different. Jmho
And could look any look she needed to be for whatever role she's playing.

Just to add she appears to be a James Bond Fan with her dogs name, her sons name and it seems to me she had a picture of her in front of a dilapidated building with the words Bond and 007 spray painted on it. Maybe she is playing spy or something.

I think James Bond might drive Range Rovers (just did a quick Google search).

Welcome to WS! As you are learning, there is a fine line that we sometimes have to tiptoe when it comes to such issues as sleuthing people who have not been named suspects or persons of interest. Per TOS, we are not allowed to do that, and with good reason, but just because we aren't discussing it, does not mean that many, if not most of us, do not think it needs to be considered. Having said that, of all the people you mentioned, the current known-of boyfriend would not be the one that I would be giving the side eye, or at the very least, he would be well down the list. Also, for me personally, there is the thought that we do not know who or how many intimate partners she may have had. I am still not convinced that she did not have a side to her we are not aware of. JMO

ETA. If you have not already, you will learn that you also can have private conversations here, that are only seen between you and whomever you are speaking with, and are not subject to moderation.
Hi Steve! Thank you for letting me know about the private message feature. I tend to agree with everything you said although I have done a little digging and uncovered 1 detail that might move that current known-of boyfriend up the list a little. I will keep that to myself unless he becomes a POI. I do also wonder if she was seeing someone else that lived in that building. If she had been picked up there by a friend before I would think that's very possible (not sure what other business she would have there). Although what I don't think is possible is the friend that picked her up not remembering WHY her friend was there in the first place. Especially now that the H + F building holds so much importance in her disappearance. If I was her friend I would be racking my brain trying to remember every minute detail about the time HP asked me to pick her up from there.

I wonder what she was planning for her son’s birthday, which was Nov 4? Her friend DN said she usually planned something big—like once she took her son on a a trip, I think she said (on the Nancy Grace podcast).

Her disappearance was on Oct 17, so the birthday was around 3 weeks away. You’d think she might’ve had some idea by then and had something in the works. JMO

Hi Steve! Thank you for letting me know about the private message feature. I tend to agree with everything you said although I have done a little digging and uncovered 1 detail that might move that current known-of boyfriend up the list a little. I will keep that to myself unless he becomes a POI. I do also wonder if she was seeing someone else that lived in that building. If she had been picked up there by a friend before I would think that's very possible (not sure what other business she would have there). Although what I don't think is possible is the friend that picked her up not remembering WHY her friend was there in the first place. Especially now that the H + F building holds so much importance in her disappearance. If I was her friend I would be racking my brain trying to remember every minute detail about the time HP asked me to pick her up from there.
I agree that it’s very strange that the friend doesn’t know why HP would have been there. There’s no way I wouldn’t ask, just in a friendly chat in the car kind of thing, how her day is going and what’s up, etc. Makes me side eye the whole thing. Also there’s lots of big high rises in DTLA. Maybe she mixed up the building. I personally don’t think HP went inside H+F.

She definitely seemed to be enamored with the whole Bond lifestyle. Maybe she fancied herself something of a double agent. IF, as JS allegedly implicated in a phone call to JW (and I am about 50/50 on whether or not that phone call happened), if she was siphoning money from him, could it have been that they were blackmailing each other, say, hypothetically, she knew of some of his allegedly fraudulent business dealings, and seized the opportunity to help herself out, thinking he would not tempt her to squeal to the SEC by taking action against her. JMO JMO JMO!

ETA... A scenario such as that could be a very, very dangerous game to play.

Last edited:
Her Instagram profile appears to be under the username “hplanck007,” which seems to confirm her being a fan of James Bond. That may add credence to the “on the lam” theory, but it is still all speculative, MOO.

Login • Instagram

It definitely seems to be a theme:

BRANND 007 LLC :: California (US) :: OpenCorporates

BRANND 007 LLC
Company Number
Status
Canceled
Incorporation Date
20 February 2020 (over 1 year ago)
Jurisdiction
California (US)
Registered Address
  • 3129 HELMS AVE
  • LOS ANGELES
  • United States
Inactive Directors / Officers
  • HEIDI PLANCK WAYNE
  • HEIDI WAYNE, agent

Was she delivering marijuana part-time? My son had a friend who did that in LA. This was when medical marijuana (versus recreational) was legal. I don't know if delivery is still a big deal considering it's legal for recreational use. MOO.

Given the income levels she achieved and the number of different LLC's linked to her, seems improbable she'd work for a delivery person's wage (basically minimum wage). Lots of students take this job, keep it until they can work inside the dispensary. Delivery is a very big deal because many cities in California don't permit cannabis shops to open up, so people get it delivered from some nearby town.

And could look any look she needed to be for whatever role she's playing.
Perhaps she was planning to disappear...she could make herself look different but the dog would look the same. However, if she left the dog at home, nobody would have checked on the dog for a few days (since her son was with his dad) and Seven could have died. She couldn't trust a friend with her dog because that would raise too many questions. So she plans ahead, and decides to leave the dog in the building or just outside the building knowing someone would care for Seven and eventually alert her ex husband. However, she needed a few days lead-time so she might have removed the dog's collar with its ID knowing that the dog was chipped and eventually it would find its way back to her son. Is that too far out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje