CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still not sure if this is really Heidi, unless she’s wearing a wig. The dog is hers, but the hair is completely different from the video of her leaving the house on Helms. The hair is not only a different color but isn’t straight and has a different massing. The body mass also looks a little different to me, but that’s based on very limited visuals..

“Another friend, who didn't want her name used, added: "We know Heidi. We know her stride. She did not seem in distress. She was definitely walking casually the way she normally strides."”
New Video Shows Missing Woman Walking Dog in Downtown LA Hours After Friends Last Saw Her

Sounds about right to me for a luxury building in downtown. It appeals to a certain lifestyle. Someone wealthy enough to live in a full service building instead of renting a house in a quieter neighborhood, etc. Doesn’t at all surprise me that there’s drug use at the building. Also, I’ve said this before, but people ALWAYS complain about their buildings. I never see positive reviews online of semi luxury buildings.

Ah, okay. My thoughts only are/were people who pay a lot for luxury condos (it is a condo building, right? Fee ownership?) are usually hyper-vigilant that the value stays there, and there are usually boards in place to make sure it stays that way. Having a reputation as crack house south doesn't usually fit that bill. But, if this building was transient in nature with a lot of renters and no real board in place I can see it happening.

My initial thoughts in making the comment were based on me wondering if the press has been reporting the correct building. MOO

The surveillance video, released by a resident in downtown LA shows 39-year-old planck walking her dog in an alley behind the Hope and Flower streets building around 6:30 the night of Oct. 17... " That's 2 hours after she was seen at game.
I think there is a lot of rounding up to whole or half hours, so that statement is good to have.

Ex originally said the dog was found 3 hours after she left the game, but it may have been more like 2.5 hours.

Speculative timeline

This is based on the fact she doesn't have her purse in the video. To me, that means she's left it somewhere that she thought was safe, ie in an apartment in the building.

4 ish Leave game a bit after 4 pm
4:45 ish 30 min drive to downtown + time to park
? Go into (a) building
6:22 Seen walking dog approximately 1.5 hours later
? Dog is left alone in hallway
6:45 ish Dog is found

The timeline is so tight, IMO she must have been going back into H+F, where she'd left her purse.

Was the dog found on his leash or no, would be my next question.

If yes, perhaps she was attacked in the hallway. This seems dubious, too easy to be caught, leave other evidence behind.

If no leash, IMO she went into an apartment with him, took off his leash, and then he, somehow, very soon, got out without her being able to retrieve him.

Someone must have opened the door and the dog ran out, but whoever it was didn't have time or interest in catching him.

I think it’s obviously Heidi and 7 as both of their hair looks lighter in the video leaving home and then both look darker in this video. Same jean style, shoe style, shirt style and just threw on her sweatshirt/sweater that was around her waist. There’s no way that’s not her and her dog and someone and a dog that look that similar just also happened to be outside but her dog was found there no way!

Look at her position in relation to where her dog, Seven, is walking. Heidi is leading. Heidi is on a mission!

I'll need to read the thread to learn if she was N or S in the alleyway and it sure wasn't inside the fenced the astroturf and see saws seen at the complex's dog walk so this is an intentional walk meant for Heidi. She's a full stride ahead of Seven.

I'm eager to read your posts; catch up with HP being recorded in another cctv. My sister is fed dinner by me where she's under memory care. While loving life in her fifties, her brilliant brain was attacked with Lewy Bodies.

Look at her position in relation to where her dog, Seven, is walking. Heidi is leading. Heidi is on a mission!

I'll need to read the thread to learn if she was N or S in the alleyway and it sure wasn't inside the fenced the astroturf and see saws seen at the complex's dog walk so this is an intentional walk meant for Heidi. She's a full stride ahead of Seven.

I'm eager to read your posts; catch up with HP being recorded in another cctv. My sister is fed dinner by me where she's under memory care. While loving life in her fifties, her brilliant brain was attacked with Lewy Bodies.
Oh my DeDee, I am so sorry to read about your sister. She is in a real battle with LB and so blessed to have you there to help her. I had a very special person in my life that had LB, he was an amazing personality and so loved.

If she went into the Witness Protection Program
Curiosa, I'm not feeling that scenario. If she was going in the WPP program, HP would have found an excuse to leave Seven with her ex husband and son. If she disappeared with the help of the Feds, the scenario of leaving the dog behind in the high rise would go against the grain of making her vanish without alerting anyone.

In terms of the dog being found in the hallway, wouldn't most dogs wait in front of a door that their owner went through?

Wondering if someone took him to that floor, where he wouldn't be able to give away any locations.

There must be stairwells, as someone mentioned, tho likely just as secure as elevators.

Can't rule out someone in building security being involved, who had a pass key to get onto different floors.

Just speculating. LE must know a lot.

ETA: someone forgot about dogs being microchipped, IMO.

I think there is a lot of rounding up to whole or half hours, so that statement is good to have.

Ex originally said the dog was found 3 hours after she left the game, but it may have been more like 2.5 hours.

Speculative timeline

This is based on the fact she doesn't have her purse in the video. To me, that means she's left it somewhere that she thought was safe, ie in an apartment in the building.

? Go into (a) building

The timeline is so tight, IMO she must have been going back into H+F, where she'd left her purse.

Was the dog found on his leash or no, would be my next question.

If yes, perhaps she was attacked in the hallway. This seems dubious, too easy to be caught, leave other evidence behind.

If no leash, IMO she went into an apartment with him, took off his leash, and then he, somehow, very soon, got out without her being able to retrieve him.

Someone must have opened the door and the dog ran out, but whoever it was didn't have time or interest in catching him.

Good working theory. Where is Seven's leash? Where is Heidi?

@Satchie timeline

? Go into (a) building

If Heidi made it inside the building, wouldn't LEO have that footage, too? Did Heidi make it up to the 28th floor of H&F? Was it for business or pleasure that Sunday evening? She's carrying her wallet or wristlet in the right hand, isn't she?

What did she do within that 90 minutes between leaving at halftime and end with a walk in the alley at H&F?

Hero Seven being found on the 28th floor led LEO to the timestamped cctv when the anonymous neighborhood person released it! Good Heavens! 28 floors is high up there! Are high end pricey lofts located up there?

Wonder if all residents on that floor and the floors above and below it were interviewed asap.

The possible purposes for her presence are not infinite. There's only a few reasons to be at,, if not inside a high rise at 6:30PM, then miss texting her son Good night.

What about Sunday evening food trucks and vendors? Did they notice anything?

Who had the opportunity to harm Heidi after the 6:30 timeframe when she's on cctv? Cui bono? Who profits by her possible demise?

“Another friend, who didn't want her name used, added: "We know Heidi. We know her stride. She did not seem in distress. She was definitely walking casually the way she normally strides."”
New Video Shows Missing Woman Walking Dog in Downtown LA Hours After Friends Last Saw Her

Sunday, October 17th
- Heidi is seen leaving her home, time unknown assumed early afternoon, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Leaves son's game at half-time, estimated to be around 4:30 PM
- Caught on video in the alley behind Hope+Flowers 6:22 PM
- Seven was found wondering the 28th (29th) floor at around 7:00 PM

The timeline is starting to shape up if the above holds true. How did that darn dog get up to the 28/29th floor? LAPD needs to toss us a bone, wish they would confirm something in the timeline.

The dogs fur is also darker in the cctv.

Do we know where the guest parking is in relation to the alley? I think I saw that it was across the street...somewhere. I'm wondering if she parked there and walked up the alley to enter the building.

I agree with both of you. It does not look like her. The hair is definitely different in the way it lays, compared to leaving home, and the color is darker. The shirt is light and the light reflects that. She is blonde and the light would reflect as well. She appears to have jeans on when leaving home. These pants in the alley video appear looser and longer and not "skinny" as they appear at home. Change of clothes? Wig? Different person?
Now it's even odder to me.

Whatever business she had at the H&F apartments, I wonder why it couldn't have been done in the morning?
Her son's football game didn't start until 2pm. Plenty of time before.

Or was the perp planning something and arranged for her to come over and stay until it was dark? I'm assuming her body needed to be moved somehow....

Just some thoughts.....

MOO.

Don't like fine print?
Bullet point “M” details the Custody procedures:
701. Procedures for Securing Witness Protection
Sunday, October 17th
- Heidi is seen leaving her home, time unknown assumed early afternoon, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Leaves son's game at half-time, estimated to be around 4:30 PM
- Caught on video in the alley behind Hope+Flowers 6:22 PM
- Seven was found wondering the 28th (29th) floor at around 7:00 PM

The timeline is starting to shape up if the above holds true. How did that darn dog get up to the 28/29th floor? LAPD needs to toss us a bone, wish they would confirm something in the timeline.

Yes. And it makes a difference given that it was becoming dark.
We had pegged the game as much earlier in the Way Back Thread.
What in the world.

Not targetting you on this, but just a general comment with regards to everyone's restlessness, including Heidi's friends: I want LAPD to get the evidence they need to explain exactly what happened and, IMO, convict the right person. If it means keeping their lips sealed for months, that's okay with me.

However, I'm from Canada, where LE never share case details unless they want tips. Mostly, they can get everything they need without public involvement.
I agree with the person who wished for the tossed bone. Not sure how Canada relates to any of this, though , but glad your police are doing good work I guess?

https://m.yelp.com/biz/hope-flower-los-angeles?sort_by=date_desc

Yelp reviews for the Hope & Flower mention that some of the apartments are party houses, that drug use is rampant, that guns have been fired even during daylight hours, cars have been broken into in the garage, and that there is often a 20 min wait for the elevators.

Some (or none) of this may have anything to do with Heidi's disappearance, but it's interesting to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member