CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She seemed very normal to me in the video. I didn't see a woman in fear for her life or nervous about being in that alley with her dog.

MOO.
But, on the other hand, if she was walking the dog so he could relieve himself, she would be walking slowly down the edge of the alley so he could sniff and find a pole or place to do it. She would not be striding purposefully down the center of the alley. I don't think walking the dog was the purpose here.
Is there video of her leaving the alley with or without the dog? Perhaps, she met someone at a back entrance and handed off the dog for safe keeping.

Sounds like these court records reflect JW’s account of her behavior. Who knows how true. I can also think of some not so flattering to JW reasons a woman would flee half naked through a window. Reasons that don’t involve drugs or mental health issues.
We don't even know that JW was there. It may have happened at Heidi's house and a neighbor or friend called the cops. If BW was 4 years old at the time that would have been ~2014-2015. HP & JW divorced in 2012. jmo

I was waiting for the details to be published. I read one of the court documents they mention that made clear there were personal issues involving HP.

This could very well be a mental health issue. Just a possibility and said with great compassion. This information definitely gives some context to this case.

I was thinking about another missing persons case we had here in LA in 2018. It was also here on WS. The guy who went missing was found a week later wandering the streets just blocks away from where his car was found and then hospitalized. LAPD said it wasn't a criminal matter in the end. It was clear what that meant.

MOO.

"Missing Lyft Driver Found, Hospitalized After Car Located in Koreatown: Police | KTLA" Missing Lyft Driver Found, Hospitalized After Car Located in Koreatown: Police | KTLA
I wonder if mental health issues leading to drug abuse could be the real issue referenced in the court documents, rather than drug abuse per se. The incident occurred seven years ago and it seems like she was leading a productive life, especially since she had been given 50/50 custody.

That said, stress has a way of wearing people down and can seem insurmountable.

Where is she, though?

I wonder if mental health issues leading to drug abuse could be the real issue referenced in the court documents, rather than drug abuse per se. The incident occurred seven years ago and it seems like she was leading a productive life, especially since she had been given 50/50 custody.

Where is she, though?
Psychiatric issues and drug abuse issues can both be problematic in an episodic way. A person might do very well for periods of time when they are under the proper care. But some will have periodic issues when they are not taking good care of themselves. I wonder if Heidi was slipping into a period of instability and erratic behavior in the days leading up to the game? Is that why she wanted her boyfriend to come? Was she having some kind of episode that led to her leaving the game so abruptly? Is that why JS left muffins?

Maybe this will turn out okay with Heidi checked in somewhere out of state or something? I'm still hoping she is okay somewhere and getting help in some way. jmo

Last edited:
Psychiatric issues and drug abuse issues can both be problematic in an episodic way. A person might do very well for periods of time when they are under the proper care. But some will have periodic issues when they are not taking good care of themselves. I wonder if Heidi was slipping into a period of instability and erratic behavior in the days leading up to the game? Is that why she wanted her boyfriend to come? Was she having some kind of episode that led to her leaving the game so abruptly? Is that why JS left muffins?

Maybe this will turn out okay with Heidi checked in somewhere out of state or something? I'm still hoping she is okay somewhere and getting help in some way. jmo

Yes. It does seem that she was experiencing stress in her life, whether it was the SEC and what was going on with her business, or just under general pressure for tax filings. As you said this can definitely exacerbate any underlying issues for anyone with mental health challenges. Whether these financial investigations were real, exaggerated, or imagined, they still could be the key to understanding what happened to Heidi.

The muffin man is not completely off the hook here either, in my mind.

Where is she, though?

...and where is her RR? If she went to H+F to buy and/or do drugs, surely LE have plenty more video than we have seen, and know if, and if so, with whom, she may have interacted and entered the building, and if she left, if she was alone or with someone. I can see an accidental overdose, and maybe someone panicked and had to get her out of an apartment, but how could she have been gotten out undetected. That scenario doesn't provide time for an elaborate plan. It would have likely been spur of the moment. And if she did not drive her RR away, was it removed by someone else, or was it located by LE? I thought, most likely, the RR was in their possession, but news reports keep stating that it has not been found. And as you ask, and we all want to know, where is Heidi? I am hopeful she is alive and getting any help she may need, but I do not have a good feeling about any of this latest news. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
The first screenshot is from the earlier local CBS article releasing the footage and the second is from the later local Fox article.

At a quick glance, the CBS timestamp looks like 10:22:43, but if you zoom in, the 22 is upside down. Both videos are from the SE Alley Ent, and the Fox timestamp clearly says 18:22:43.

This makes me believe the video had been edited at some point prior to publishing and the comments in the article regarding less than an hour after she was seen are completely unreliable. I guess knowing that, we need to be mindful of articles coming from CBS in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-203858_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111-203858_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 70
  • static.jpg
    static.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 55
Aha. So, Heidi must have gone inside.

“The staff at the building have confirmed that they were familiar with Planck and recognized her dog, another of Planck’s friends said.”
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/vi...los-angeles-minutes-before-her-disappearance/
Video shows missing mom Heidi Planck in downtown L.A. minutes before her disappearance | KTLA
If the staff were familiar with her dog, why wasn't an effort made by them to notify HP that her dog was in the building unattended? Wouldn't that be the first call the folks who found the dog would make, a call down to the front desk to report the dog loose in the building? Makes no sense to me. MOO MOO MOO

If the staff were familiar with her dog, why wasn't an effort made by them to notify HP that her dog was in the building unattended? Wouldn't that be the first call the folks who found the dog would make, a call down to the front desk to report the dog loose in the building? Makes no sense to me. MOO MOO MOO
Maybe they did? Maybe they don’t have her number because she doesn’t live there, she just frequents as a visitor. Maybe her friend lives on the 28/29 floor and someone knew the dog belongs on that floor and left it there not knowing the exact apartment number, or no one answered a knock at the door. So many possibilities, not all nefarious.

Maybe they did? Maybe they don’t have her number because she doesn’t live there, she just frequents as a visitor. Maybe her friend lives on the 28/29 floor and someone knew the dog belongs on that floor and left it there not knowing the exact apartment number, or no one answered a knock at the door. So many possibilities, not all nefarious.
Agreed. When they said they were familiar with her, they probably just meant they had seen her and her dog before; it doesn't mean they knew her phone number or even her name. Although if she was visiting someone who lived in the building, I would think that the staff would be able to provide LE with that person's name.

<modsnip: broken quote removed>

...and where is her RR? If she went to H+F to buy and/or do drugs, surely LE have plenty more video than we have seen, and know if, and if so, with whom, she may have interacted and entered the building, and if she left, if she was alone or with someone. I can see an accidental overdose, and maybe someone panicked and had to get her out of an apartment, but how could she have been gotten out undetected. That scenario doesn't provide time for an elaborate plan. It would have likely been spur of the moment. And if she did not drive her RR away, was it removed by someone else, or was it located by LE? I thought, most likely, the RR was in their possession, but news reports keep stating that it has not been found. And as you ask, and we all want to know, where is Heidi? I am hopeful she is alive and getting any help she may need, but I do not have a good feeling about any of this latest news. JMO[/QUOTE]

Agree. Where is her RR? Drug issues, mental health issues….maybe had to do with why she was at that building and maybe even what ultimately happened to her, but I still think something happened to her in that building. I don’t think she ever left there. At least alive. I don’t think she left her dog there and drove her RR off and is just on a bender somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. Where is her RR? Drug issues, mental health issues….maybe had to do with why she was at that building and maybe even what ultimately happened to her, but I still think something happened to her in that building. I don’t think she ever left there. At least alive. I don’t think she left her dog there and drove her RR off and is just on a bender somewhere.

Accidental overdose was my first thought when I learned she had some problems with drugs in the past, but California has a Good Samaritan law to encourage people to call 911 in case of an overdose...I can understand how someone might panic and do something stupid, but in this case they would have to get rid of a body and a vehicle. Seems too risky. Not to mention the poor dog. Nothing about this case makes any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer