CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping she just felt overwhelmed and stressed and drove off and just kept driving, so that she’s and alive though possibly unwell somewhere. That’s about the best-case scenario I can come up with at this point.

There was a recent thread here at WS of an Ohio mom who went missing after dropping off her adult autistic son to his job. Weeks later, she was found, alive, and still with her car but many states away—in TX! Seems like she just kept driving, farther and farther away. I believe it was a mental health issue, as they said she was in a fragile state. My recollection is she was located via those automatic license plate readers. Where’s Heidi’s car? Why hasn’t it been located through this technology as this other woman’s car was?

I’m hoping she just felt overwhelmed and stressed and drove off and just kept driving, so that she’s and alive though possibly unwell somewhere. That’s about the best-case scenario I can come up with at this point.

There was a recent thread here at WS of an Ohio mom who went missing after dropping off her adult autistic son to his job. Weeks later, she was found, alive, and still with her car but many states away—in TX! Seems like she just kept driving, farther and farther away. I believe it was a mental health issue, as they said she was in a fragile state. My recollection is she was located via those automatic license plate readers. Where’s Heidi’s car? Why hasn’t it been located through this technology as this other woman’s car was?

I fear her RR may not be found by an automatic plate reader, because I am not convinced that plate belongs on that vehicle, and/or not convinced that vehicle is registered to her. Several of our best sleuthers here have tried to get info tying that plate to that vehicle , and to my knowledge, none have been able to. Also the plate shown on the vehicle in the missing poster is not the same as the plate number JW gave for her vehicle in the MP report, as we discussed in here a few evenings ago. Who knows which, if either of those plates actually ties to a Range Rover in Heidi's name. JMO

Last edited:
If Heidi's disappearance is due to a mental health issue, why would the FBI have raided her house with guns drawn? Maybe they didn't know at that point, or maybe at the time there was a suspicion this was connected to the embezzlement investigation?

This is so sad, it reminds me a bit of the Mitrice Richardson case.

If Heidi's disappearance is due to a mental health issue, why would the FBI have raided her house with guns drawn? Maybe they didn't know at that point, or maybe at the time there was a suspicion this was connected to the embezzlement investigation?

This is so sad, it reminds me a bit of the Mitrice Richardson case.
Do we actually know it was the FBI? I’m not convinced. I think it was probably police in connection with her disappearance, or feds getting documents/evidence pertaining to work. The details in the reporting on this case have been mediocre at best. I’m pretty certain that however this case turns out, there were teeth in most of the theories we’ve thrown out and probably more than one thing was indeed happening at once.

I fear her RR may not be found by an automatic plate reader, because I am not convinced that plate belongs on that vehicle, and/or not convinced that vehicle is registered to her. Several of our best sleuthers here have tried to get info tying that plate to that vehicle , and to my knowledge, none have been able to. Also the plate shown on the vehicle in the missing poster is not the same as the plate number JW gave for her vehicle in the MP report, as we discussed in here a few evenings ago. Who knows which, if either of those plates actually ties to a Range Rover in Heidi's name. JMO

I hear ya, but doesn’t the plate reader just take a photo with focus on the license plates (and the car it is attached to) so unless the plate’s been removed or changed, no matter who the car is registered to it can be located, just by the plate number? (I don’t really know much about the technology, just guessing).

I fear her RR may not be found by an automatic plate reader, because I am not convinced 1)that plate belongs on that vehicle, or 2) vehicle is not registered to her. Several of our best sleuthers here have tried to get info tying that plate to that vehicle , and to my knowledge, none have been able to. Also the plate shown on the vehicle in the missing poster is not the same as the plate number JW gave for her vehicle in the MR report, as we discussed in here a few evenings ago. Who knows which, if either of those plates actually ties to a Range Rover in Heidi's name. JMO
Completely agree and also its kind of odd that he even gave the plate #...I don't even know my own without looking if I were asked, let alone someone else's. And maybe he had some documentation with it on there say for school security or something who knows but why is it totally different then. Its not like its a # or letter off where it could have just gotten messed it, its completely different and I believe someone on here posted that the plate or vin traced back to a Porsche?

Apparently JW did say in court records that she had bought three in the course of a few months or something along those lines, which also seems crazy because where would she keep them or be buying and selling etc what is the point in that and where is that money coming from? We don't know when she did this though, if it was years ago or recent and I wonder how new the RR is? Buying that many cars in a short period of time also could be signs of bipolar and episodes of mania or could also show her need to be changing her identity often with having different cars and wigs. But at this point it looks like she did maybe use an old plate from one of the Porsches she bought if that plate or vin goes back to that brand of car. However, that would also make it seem like buying all these was more recent then considering you wouldn't want to put expired plates on as you could be pulled over easily for and could draw unwanted attention with LE.

But, on the other hand, if she was walking the dog so he could relieve himself, she would be walking slowly down the edge of the alley so he could sniff and find a pole or place to do it. She would not be striding purposefully down the center of the alley. I don't think walking the dog was the purpose here.
Is there video of her leaving the alley with or without the dog? Perhaps, she met someone at a back entrance and handed off the dog for safe keeping.

We’re only seeing a snippet of the video in the alley, so maybe the dog had already finished doing its business, so that’s why she’s walking at a quicker pace? (As in, ok, Seven, you did your thing, let’s get back.)

We don't even know that JW was there. It may have happened at Heidi's house and a neighbor or friend called the cops. If BW was 4 years old at the time that would have been ~2014-2015. HP & JW divorced in 2012. jmo

Yes, agreed. IMO, these episodes happened after the divorce.

I am no JW fan. He appears to have dragged HP through court with endless filings for years. I have strong opinions about those who weaponize the court system. That amount of toxicity would wear even the strongest of women out. I consider it abusive behavior. The Betty Broderick story comes to mind. IMO, as someone who acted so contentiously towards her, I am not comfortable with him gaining access to her life and personal belongings immediately after she disappeared. They clearly weren't close. No, I don't like it at all.

MOO.

IMO, it was an accidental drug overdose. Probably something with fentanyl which is easily being brought over the border now. :(

This occured to me as well. I was thinking about a deadly incident that took place here in LA in September. Several comedians died after doing coke laced with fentanyl together at a party in Venice. Only one woman survived.

"Comedian Fuquan Johnson among 3 dead after suspected drug overdose in Venice; 4th person hospitalized | abc7.com" Comedian Fuquan Johnson among 3 dead after suspected drug overdose in Venice; 4th person hospitalized | abc7.com

Yes, agreed. IMO, these episodes happened after the divorce.

I am no JW fan. He appears to have dragged HP through court with endless filings for years. I have strong opinions about those who weaponize the court system. That amount of toxicity would wear even the strongest of women out. I consider it abusive behavior. The Betty Broderick story comes to mind. IMO, as someone who acted so contentiously towards her, I am not comfortable with him gaining access to her life and personal belongings immediately after she disappeared. They clearly weren't close. No, I don't like it at all.

MOO.
I feel like that’s a pretty loaded assumption though. Do we have any proof there was abuse? No one has come out and said there was abuse on either side. The only comment made from friends was that HP had to fight hard for custody. We don’t know why that would be - but I drew different assumptions. If JW was so inclined, he could/would have painted HP as a hot mess after she went missing. She seems to have had a good relationship with JW, his fiancé, and is obviously very close to her son.

I feel like that’s a pretty loaded assumption though. Do we have any proof there was abuse? No one has come out and said there was abuse on either side. The only comment made from friends was that HP had to fight hard for custody. We don’t know why that would be - but I drew different assumptions. If JW was so inclined, he could/would have painted HP as a hot mess after she went missing. She seems to have had a good relationship with JW, his fiancé, and is obviously very close to her son.

You misunderstood my post. I in no way inferred physical abuse nor was I thinking it. I was referencing the years of court filings and cases filed against HP by JW only. I was speaking to a pattern of behavior only.

Again, this is MOO.

Do we actually know it was the FBI? I’m not convinced. I think it was probably police in connection with her disappearance, or feds getting documents/evidence pertaining to work. The details in the reporting on this case have been mediocre at best. I’m pretty certain that however this case turns out, there were teeth in most of the theories we’ve thrown out and probably more than one thing was indeed happening at once.
According to the following article, “Federal agents and robbery homicide detectives from the Los Angeles Police Department went into Planck’s home with guns drawn.”

Federal Agents Enter Home Of Missing Woman Heidi Planck With Guns Drawn

I suspect that the guns were drawn in an abundance of caution when carrying out a search warrant due to the knowledge of a weapon (or weapons) being registered to HP or suspicion of an intruder being in the home, but that is all MOO.

snipped:
, I am not comfortable with him gaining access to her life and personal belongings immediately after she disappeared. They clearly weren't close. No, I don't like it at all.

MOO.

But, we don’t know enough about her relationship with her kin to know why they didn’t become the point person for Heidi’s case. Maybe JW stepped up because no one in her family would? Just thoughts.

Remember -
er ex Wayne added: "She's a good mom. She's really a good mom. She wouldn't let a day go by without talking to her son, there's no way."

Seven unanswered questions in hunt for mom as boss is 'investigated for fraud'

And this:
Suzanne Smeader, Heidi Planck’s 61-year-old mother, told DailyMail.com it was unusual for Heidi to disappear without any explanation.
In her last conversation with her daughter, Smeader said she got no indication that there was anything wrong. She said she was 'leaning toward her employment' as one possible link that could explain her disappearance.
Smeader added: ‘I'm in prayer. I’m a Christian woman and I've been in constant prayer and I have a lot of people praying for her - all my family and friends - and that's about where I stand.

‘I'm leaving it in the Lord’s hands. I know he'll carry me through no matter what happens.’
Heidi Planck's mother says her daughter was making plans to see her at Thanksgiving | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
You misunderstood my post. I in no way inferred physical abuse nor was I thinking it. I was referencing the years of court filings and cases filed against HP by JW only. I was speaking to a pattern of behavior only.

Again, this is MOO.
But to be fair, and maybe play devils advocate, perhaps he had legitimate reasons for resurrecting the court case over the years. We can see she is a complicated person for a number of reasons. It’s possible for a person to be an amazing person and parent but also struggle with addiction or mental health. I’ve seen it in my own life from women (people are always very quite quick to point fingers at men in divorces and it’s not always fair). Both things can be true. I would also go to the ends of the earth as a parent to make sure my child was safe and that their needs were being met - emotionally, financially, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member