CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HP was walking like she didn't feel safe or was being followed, head a swivel IMO.
I though she was looking up at the building.
I just discovered this case today and haven't read the whole thing here so pardon me if this question has already been asked and answered. On the missing posters, it shows Heidi Planck with long blonde hair. The lady in the video walking the dog in front of Hope and Flower appears to have short black hair. Is LE sure it's the same person and not some strange woman who took the dog from her?
I don’t think the woman’s hair looked especially dark - it looked like a woman with hair just dyed blonde and not a lot of fancy highlights . Remember, the ex was a hairdresser and she definitely looks like she had extensions in the long-hair pics. Maybe she doesn’t get them for free anymore, and more free hilights from the husband either so she probably just dyes her hair herself now and of course it’s thinner and less glam. Otherwise it looks like exact same body/stride/clothing to me.

I’m really not sure about this either. Maybe they know about other things going on that might lead them to suspect certain other possibilities that don’t involve ex family or work.

edited because my tone was not very nice (sigh. TGIF)
Like taking off on purpose?

This is reminding me of the Northern Calif woman a few years ago. Why isn’t everyone freaking out a little more? This is terrifying if true.

You know, the more I think about it…people and cars do not vanish into thin air. She was not spotted anywhere with anyone, at all. No closed circuit cameras of her in an elevator with a man. You would expect something like that-yet, nothing!
Could she have just dropped off the dog and taken off, for whatever reason?
In what world do police not find a vehicle that belonged to a missing person, very quickly? Usually it turns up in a few days. Yet police don’t seem so stressed or sad. And the only pleading family member I’ve seen so far, is not a neutral person in her life. He has an axe to grind and a story to put forth. Lots of talking from him. If he were really into some clever inside-sleuthing that was so brilliant and on-point, wouldn’t the law enforcement investigators (aren't we talking FBI here??) be ALL over it??! And if so, they would tell him to clam up - and he would, to protect the mother of his child’s life. But that’s not what had been happening. I just think something is off. I am not saying she is fine - but I am saying that there is a disconcerting amount of information we do not know.

You know, the more I think about it…people and cars do not vanish into thin air. She was not spotted anywhere with anyone, at all. No closed circuit cameras of her in an elevator with a man. You would expect something like that-yet, nothing!
In what world do police not find a vehicle that belonged to a missing person, very quickly? Usually it turns up in a few days. Yet police don’t seem so stressed or sad. And the only pleading family member I’ve seen so far, is not a neutral person in her life. He has an axe to grind and a story to put forth. Lots of talking from him. If he were really into some clever inside-sleuthing that was so brilliant and on-point, wouldn’t the law enforcement investigators (aren't we talking FBI here??) be ALL over it??! And if so, they would tell him to clam up - and he would, to protect the mother of his child’s life. But that’s not what had been happening. I just think something is off. I am not saying she is fine - but I am saying that there is a disconcerting amount of information we do not know.
I think yes, she definitely could have. Anything is possible. We also don’t know that LE doesn’t have more video of her, and that they haven’t found the car. They could have it all but wrapped up by now for all we know. It’s a very strange case for sure.

I need some help with some questions that I have with this case. It can all get confusing on here.
1. Do we know the actual time of the football game she attended?
2. Do we know the actual floor the dog was found on?
3. Do we know for a fact that if the apartment turned over the video?
4. Did the alley video come from the apartment management or from a private individual?
5. Did she have a phone with her when she went missing?
6. Has L.E. ever provided an update on this case?
Sorry for all the questions, but again it's easy to get confused on her. At least for me. lol

I need some help with some questions that I have with this case. It can all get confusing on here.
My answers in line:
1. Do we know the actual time of the football game she attended? She was last seen at the game 4:30. Unclear to me if that’s when she left it.
2. Do we know the actual floor the dog was found on? 29, according to friend DN
3. Do we know for a fact that if the apartment turned over the video? Yes, it has been reported so
4. Did the alley video come from the apartment management or from a private individual? A private individual
5. Did she have a phone with her when she went missing? Yes
6. Has L.E. ever provided an update on this case? No
Sorry for all the questions, but again it's easy to get confused on her. At least for me. lol

My answers are as I believe it to be. It IS a confusing case. So, JMO
Some of my above answers can be found here:
New Video Shows Missing Woman Walking Dog in Downtown LA Hours After Friends Last Saw Her

Like taking off on purpose?

This is reminding me of the Northern Calif woman a few years ago. Why isn’t everyone freaking out a little more? This is terrifying if true.

Do you mean Erika Floyd who went on the road trip to Joshua Tree because she was struggling? Her remains were found in Wonder Valley not long ago.

I'm leaning towards a choice to disappear.

MOO.
I worked in family law. I wouldn’t say it’s typical, per se. But declarations are signed under the penalty of perjury and it behooves no one to lie. You are given the chance to tell your side of the story as well. I’ve found more commonly that when divorces are simple, they’re simple. If they’re going to be nasty, they’re super nasty. People can be egged on by their lawyers. It’s complicated, but people are complicated! There are usually kernels of truth in everything. I’m very uncomfortable with the discussion about the divorce stuff because I feel like people have made very extreme conclusions one way or the other and it’s just never that simple!

eta when there are dramatic situations that unfold in legal docs in family law, oftentimes the witnesses are children, other family members, teachers, etc. It can be really heartbreaking and traumatic for everyone involved, whether you’re on the “right” or “wrong” side.

My opinion about JW doesn't rule out that there were reasons he felt compelled to take action against HP. I see a pattern that troubles me. I am happy to admi
Because they've probably been told not to. Just like the media and the police, everyone has been told to keep their mouths shut, for reasons unknown.

We do not know this as fact. It is not nearly as easy as one thinks to silence police departments, media, and family members. Truly.

MOO.

Disconcerting, lol, takes the cake!
JW was singularly articulate about one thing- money bags JS was not concerned, not interested in paying for a PI, only wanted his laptop and “he’s the one who knows where all the bones are buried.”
I’m intrigued by the mysterious way that LE seems to handle the Voluntarily Missing persons classification and the sharing of information. I think those cases just become a statistic. And after speaking with LE from her hidey spot that could have caused her to be granted Protection.
If in fact she did not go back to her house after the game, she had already left her cell/s and other electronic devices at home. That indicates to me that she was “antsy” at the game because she wasn’t
certain about was in store for her at H&F.
Maybe she got a warning. Maybe she got an offer
she couldn’t refuse.
I do not want her to be kidnapped or forcibly disappeared. I hope she can be reunited soon with her son and loved ones.
MOO

Last edited:
We heard from her ex that she was acting antsy at the ballgame. Then we are told she sent a text saying she was scared. But in the alley video she didn't look distraught, scared or anything other than a woman normally walking her dog. MOO. Granted the video shots are short, but I saw nothing to me that looked like a woman in distress. MOO.

We heard from her ex that she was acting antsy at the ballgame. Then we are told she sent a text saying she was scared. But in the alley video she didn't look distraught, scared or anything other than a woman normally walking her dog. MOO. Granted the video shots are short, but I saw nothing to me that looked like a woman in distress. MOO.
I really thought she was walking faster than a normal walk would be. It's the way I walk when I feel vulnerable, in an unfamiliar or sketchy area and I want to get to my car or a place I feel safe. I look around and walk fast. MOO

Context- JW was the first who made the comment about the “I am scared” text in one of his first interviews. It had happened prior to her vanishing.
It seemed to me that JW had contacted the boyfriend looking for Heidi, who related that to him as a hint that something unusual has been communicated by text.
Realistically, as a friend/boyfriend he must have asked what she was scared of!?
Disconcerting lack of information.:(
And I agree, she was walking confidently. I don’t think, based on her professional environment and social circles, that she was afraid afraid of very much. She seems like a fighter and survivor.
MOO

Context- JW was the first who made the comment about the “I am scared” text in one of his first interviews. It had happened prior to her vanishing.
It seemed to me that JW had contacted the boyfriend looking for Heidi, who related that to him as a hint that something unusual has been communicated by text.
Realistically, as a friend/boyfriend he must have asked what she was scared of!?
Disconcerting lack of information.:(
And I agree, she was walking confidently. I don’t think, based on her professional environment and social circles, that she was afraid afraid of very much. She seems like a fighter and survivor.
MOO
I agree. She definitely looked comfortable being in the alley. Clearly she had been there before. What's baffling is the small amount of time between the alley and the dog being found. That is not a lot of time. I am still leaning toward her being in the building and whatever happened, happened there. Although I must admit her running away is starting to peak my interest.

I agree. She definitely looked comfortable being in the alley. Clearly she had been there before. What's baffling is the small amount of time between the alley and the dog being found. That is not a lot of time. I am still leaning toward her being in the building and whatever happened, happened there. Although I must admit her running away is starting to peak my interest.
I initially thought she left voluntarily but I keep coming back to her dog...she just doesn't seem like the type who would leave her dog unattended. If she was planning to disappear, why not leave the dog at home or with a family member? If she did take off voluntarily, then I'm thinking she trusted someone in that building enough to leave the dog there.

I initially thought she left voluntarily but I keep coming back to her dog...she just doesn't seem like the type who would leave her dog unattended. If she was planning to disappear, why not leave the dog at home or with a family member? If she did take off voluntarily, then I'm thinking she trusted someone in that building enough to leave the dog there.
By that same token it's really difficult for me to believe she would have brought the dog into a situation where she was afraid. It's not the type of dog who could protect you from harm. I can think of about a hundred safer places to leave the dog if she was concerned for her own safety, from her backyard on a pleasant day to doggie daycare. The dog part makes no sense.

By that same token it's really difficult for me to believe she would have brought the dog into a situation where she was afraid. It's not the type of dog who could protect you from harm. I can think of about a hundred safer places to leave the dog if she was concerned for her own safety, from her backyard on a pleasant day to doggie daycare. The dog part makes no sense.
Agreed. I don't think she looks scared of anything in the video footage from the alley...which leads me back to the possibility of an accidental overdose. She might be the kind of person who takes her dog everywhere with her and wasn't expecting to remain in LA long. But then we have to deal with the missing car...if some kind of accident happened and her "friends" or whoever she was with panicked, they still had to get rid of her car. I really can't make sense of this case.

Agreed. I don't think she looks scared of anything in the video footage from the alley...which leads me back to the possibility of an accidental overdose. She might be the kind of person who takes her dog everywhere with her and wasn't expecting to remain in LA long. But then we have to deal with the missing car...if some kind of accident happened and her "friends" or whoever she was with panicked, they still had to get rid of her car. I really can't make sense of this case.
It honestly wouldn’t be that hard to disappear a nice car in DTLA. There are plenty of seedy places you could leave it and it would be gone in 10 min.

Thank you. I think people who are not from CA don't have the visual of the more rural parts of the Golden State. There are many sparsely populated areas. However, the greater Los Angeles area is clearly not one of them. The burning question for me is: how do you reconcile her dog being in this apparently high-security bldg., HP apparently caught on camera walking her dog behind that building, and her car not being found parked nearby?
I can't reconcile this scenario - or any of them, for that matter. It's been nagging at me all day.

With the facts as we know them, I've yet to come up with an explanation without a heck of a lot of assumptions thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twitchhiker