CA - Hostage situation at Trader Joe’s in Los Angeles, 21 July 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By the way, talk of a hostage situation and negotiations reminded me of a great book I read a while ago, written by a former Las Vegas hostage negotiator. Each chapter is a different hostage situation that he was involved with. I found it a very conversational reading style, with interesting notes on what worked and what didn't.

I'm not sure if linking to it on Amazon is okay but you can search for it there, and if you happen to have Kindle Unlimited you can borrow it for free. It's called HELD HOSTAGE: Negotiating Life and Death for the Las Vegas Police Department, by Dennis Flynn.

How terrifying for the customers, especially the children inside Trader Joe's.

I hope they are able to get some counselling for trauma over this.

Good outcome for the customers. Has anyone heard if the grandmother is okay?

By the way, talk of a hostage situation and negotiations reminded me of a great book I read a while ago, written by a former Las Vegas hostage negotiator. Each chapter is a different hostage situation that he was involved with. I found it a very conversational reading style, with interesting notes on what worked and what didn't.

I'm not sure if linking to it on Amazon is okay but you can search for it there, and if you happen to have Kindle Unlimited you can borrow it for free. It's called HELD HOSTAGE: Negotiating Life and Death for the Las Vegas Police Department, by Dennis Flynn.

Thanks, Rabidstoat,

I plan to read this book you've recommended.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back