Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall ever seeing anything that gave more detail than that. I have always assumed she was mostly making up a story to get sympathy.

Hmm. I'm curious about Deborah's teeth vs. "Andrea's": "Dentals: Available; As a young baby, Deborah had asthma and was treated with a medication that discolored her teeth. Her adult teeth had a distinct greenish color."

I contacted Carrie Sutherland to see if she can help me figure out a way to find MM's Andrea's last name after speaking with another friend who said she had gone to a few colleges. Andrea had also gone to CA with her BF around 1990, no one knows if she returned. Both guys have seen the PM photo, can not say for sure either way if it is or is not her.

Okay, I know I'm way off in left field here, but I can't get it off my head. And when all the obvious possibilities have been eliminated, then maybe it's worth looking at the long shots. And Deborah Dean (http://doenetwork.org/cases/206dfmo.html) is a very long shot. She went missing in 1975 during a cross-country trip from PA to AZ; she was last known in Missouri but her luggage turned up in California and the circumstances make it possible that she decided not to come home.

Her physical stats are in line though "blue/green" to brown might be a bit iffy, but she was 23 when she went missing and would have been 28 when Andrea was found, which is at the upper end of the highest estimates (on the Orange County coroner's website, http://ocsd.org/divisions/prof/coroner/ud/jane/9001853ly, they say 18-30) and a lot of the details about piercings etc. don't match. I haven't gone through to see whether they're in ways that could be possible.

It's mainly the picture. And we know how misleading that can be.

She has DNA available in NamUs, should be an easy rule in/out if someone wants to turn it in

she was found in 1990, not 1980. so she would have been 38 and out of the age range.

Thinking of Andrea tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just directed to this thread, don't have the time to read it now, but if some of the people familiar with this case could look at the facial comparison to Ilene Misheloff and give feedback, I'd be grateful...

Okay, well now I have insomnia, so I have time to get back to this thread...
Based on the strong similarity to the composite color sketch that NCMEC put out and the time frame and Ilene liked to also wear the same colors-pink/grey/black I have reason to believe that "Andrea" Doe could be Ilene Misheloff. She was never one of the 36 who were excluded to this point, and as another poster mentioned early on that they thought the UID was of Jewish descent. Ilene was Jewish. I don't think it's out of the question that following Ilene's kidnapping she was transported to Southern California from Northern California, kept alive for over a year (perhaps a sex slave) and upon trying to escape, was hit by a car. Ilene also had braces and pierced ears, and the acne scars on her chin! She was of similar height and weight and had brown eyes and brown wavy hair. I submitted her as a match to the O.C. county coroner.

Just a little thing, but now it's worrying me. When I said in my long post that the coroner had compared Andrea's details to 200 missing persons' reports in a year, what it actually said was he'd compared them to 'teletypes'. I don't know what they are or were though.

36 submissions were ruled out as "Andrea". I put her name in quotes because we have no idea if her name was really Andrea any more than if it were Jane. Even Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart were given other names by their kidnappers.

Grrrr...our problem here is, parents of missing children don't seem to list them as adopted. I don't blame them but.....It seems they would be just listed as 'dna not availabe'. Anyone know if that's correct?

If they've been kidnapped the parents are not going to list them as adopted. Ilene's parents are in California if it helps. If parents are alive, DNA samples can be obtained.

Yes; he looked at her picture. Said she reminds him of another runaway he used to know in Seattle. He's not up to reading & replying right now; I can't imagine what he's going through not knowing if she is his Andrea or not.

I think they both should be submitted by whoever has been doing it.
I really wish we could get photos of her clothing; the ring; rock & motel key.
BBM. Photos of her clothing are available under NamUs UP database case #7672. 36 submissions have been ruled out

you might be a bit harsh on this one. the "unclaimed" persons are known but next of kin are not always known. I've had distant relatives retire to other states and suddenly one year there is no Christmas card.

there is no perfect way of a medical examiner or surrogate's office to find every conceivable distant relative.
NamUs has a separate database for them now.

Okay, well now I have insomnia, so I have time to get back to this thread...
Based on the strong similarity to the composite color sketch that NMEC put out and the time frame and Ilene liked to also wear the same colors-pink/grey/black I have reason to believe that "Andrea" Doe could be Ilene Misheloff. She was never one of the 36 who were excluded to this point, and as another poster mentioned early on that they thought the UID was of Jewish descent. Ilene was Jewish. I don't think it's out of the question that following Ilene's kidnapping she was transported to Southern California from Northern California, kept alive for over a year (perhaps a sex slave) and upon trying to escape, was hit by a car. Ilene also had braces and pierced ears. She was of similar height and weight and had brown eyes and brown wavy hair. I submitted her as a match to the O.C. county coroner.

I think she quite resembles her although she's below Andrea's age range. In addition to being kept alive for a year, she would also had to have her braces removed. Andrea has porcelain crowns and other detail work that should hopefully make Ilene an easy rule out or match.

I think she quite resembles her although she's below Andrea's age range. In addition to being kept alive for a year, she would also had to have her braces removed. Andrea has porcelain crowns and other detail work that should hopefully make Ilene an easy rule out or match.
Ilene would have been 14 in 1990- which is only 4 years out of range. Not terribly off in terms of teenage bones I think...

ADurham1.jpg

I came across Andrea Durham again- I know it was mentioned earlier and that age is a problem- but since height/weight/east coast location/possible CA connection/time is right I hesitate to cross her off the list, so to speak. Do we know who has been compared to Andrea Doe?

She was ruled out. Check Namus Case #7672. Don't assume "Andrea"'s real name is Andrea. It could've been assigned to her.

This is what I have so far from picking through the post
The following missing have been ruled out as Andrea Doe

Alicia Bernice Markovich

Amy Billig

Andrea Durham

Andrea Jean Coyle

Andrea Joy Hall

Aundria Michelle Bowman (Finger print rule out)

Dean Marie Pyle Peters

Doreen Jane Vincent

Ilene Beth Misheloff

Jennifer Lynn Pandos

Jonelle Renee Matthews

Maria Gabriela Madina - ruled out per Allison O'Neal, Supervising Deputy Coroner, OCSD

Martha Wes Dunn

Meredith Ann Medina

Paulette Susan Jaster

Vicki Sundgaard

Wendy Jamie Abrams-Nishikai

No, as of this morning Ilene Misheloff is NOT listed as an exclusion for this Jane Doe.

And so, we are back to square one. With such a distinctive appearance, how can this girl not be known? Under what circumstances would someone *not* want to claim a deceased loved one? Perhaps someone trying to avoid the law?
If they didn't know their missing person was found dead, and especially if it was out of area, like in a kidnapping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo