Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'd take me seriously. I'm only 16.
They don't ask your age when you call. I had strong reason to believe the composite looked like Ilene Misheloff. Time will tell who is right.

The thing that sticks out to me the most is when she said "my parents are well known"!to a couple of people. Well-known can mean anything but I was thinking it meant her parents were known for being on the news or around town searching for their missing daughter? I could be wrong though.

The thing that sticks out to me the most is when she said "my parents are well known"!to a couple of people. Well-known can mean anything but I was thinking it meant her parents were known for being on the news or around town searching for their missing daughter? I could be wrong though.

It could also mean well-known to LE, or just well connected wherever they lived. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is whether people said she told them she lived in Virginia or someplace like that or if she said she was from around there, meaning she thought that her birth parents lived around there.

MOO

I don't think they'd take me seriously. I'm only 16.

i hope you will submit! a promising match is a promising match, regardless of the age of the person who submits it. like carbuff, i'm not so sure it is her, but i wouldnt be surprised if it was. after 25 years, i would think they would accept any semi-plausible lead.

if you truly don't feel comfortable, perhaps someone here can submit for you?

Or if she was just trying to make herself sound more important than she was.

They don't ask your age when you call. I had strong reason to believe the composite looked like Ilene Misheloff. Time will tell who is right.

All you have to say is,"I'm a concerned citizen and I believe..."

Or if she was just trying to make herself sound more important than she was.

That's why I'm not putting any stock in what's been reported that "Andrea" said.:notgood: It's all second-hand and hearsay. Who knows what the homeless guy made up. So far, it's only lead to red herrings and wild-goose chases, no productive clues. Or like you speculated, "Andrea" could have been bragging. We need to think outside the box on this one...

Perhaps we can contact relatives of Ellen via Facebook and show them the recons of "Andrea". Maybe they can recognize if it's her or not.

Perhaps we can contact relatives of Ellen via Facebook and show them the recons of "Andrea". Maybe they can recognize if it's her or not.

Not as definitive as having her DNA tested for a comparison match. Sketch artists are doing guess work. There will never be a 100% exact sketch match.

Not as definitive as having her DNA tested for a comparison match. Sketch artists are doing guess work. There will never be a 100% exact sketch match.

Even photos are not necessarily accurate. Lighting, pose, expression, angle can all make a person look quite different from the way the human eye perceives them.

But both Ellen and "Andrea" have DNA in the system, so it ought to have been checked automatically. They also both have dentals.

Even photos are not necessarily accurate. Lighting, pose, expression, angle can all make a person look quite different from the way the human eye perceives them.

But both Ellen and "Andrea" have DNA in the system, so it ought to have been checked automatically. They also both have dentals.
You'd think it would be automatic, but neither her, nor Ilene were ever ruled out as exclusions.

Without the photos maybe they could tell us information that's not listed in the report ie; Ellen having relatives on the West Coast or a "lover" she met and decided to run off to California. I think it's still safe to at least inform them about "Andrea's" Facebook page.

Her mother from what I've read is an immigrant from Italy. This would explain "Andreas" complexion as being "dark" or tan.

Her mother from what I've read is an immigrant from Italy. This would explain "Andreas" complexion as being "dark" or tan.
I read the same and thought it fit nicely :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Without the photos maybe they could tell us information that's not listed in the report ie; Ellen having relatives on the West Coast or a "lover" she met and decided to run off to California. I think it's still safe to at least inform them about "Andrea's" Facebook page.
I saw many people in the white pages and obits for Huntington Beach area with her last name, if the looking for relatives bit turns out to be legit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Go ahead. I'm not going to contact the Misheloffs until I have something positive to report because I don't want to get their hopes up and dash them.

I spent quite a bit of time on the gratefuldoe subreddit yesterday reading about Andrea--I also read about 15 pages here.

I don't think she had an older man pay for her dental care. IF she was in an illicit relationship with a married man, it seems she may be more concerned with jewelry or clothing--not really dental care (unless she had poor dentition and needed lots of repair). I think her parent(s) or other guardian(s) paid for her dental care.

I think she may have been mentally ill and vulnerable :( I know people with schizophrenia, who strongly believe they are engaged to an imaginary man, etc. it's horrible. Of course I could be completely off. I kind of lean more towards her death being accidental even though people have brought up suicide, only because it's an odd way to commit suicide. If someone is in that mind frame, though, anything can happen :( .

The ring thing makes me feel like she was mourning her death--maybe those in the Bat Cave scene were invested in Victorian culture? Or was it just a quirky thing?

You'd think it would be automatic, but neither her, nor Ilene were ever ruled out as exclusions.

It's called a "ruleout by default," which means that when they ran the DNA, it didn't return the hit. Unless a missing person had been specifically flagged as a possible match for other reasons, it won't show up in the Namus exclusions, because it includes all 10,000+ potential matches in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo