Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when they said acne scars, they meant really bad acne scars, not just routine ones...good to know. -

They are concentrated mostly around and below the corner of her mouth.

I looked at this again. if in fact the deceased was adopted (questionable but possible) then trying to figure out her ancestry is an exercise in futility.

She is very unusual looking - I would think anyone who spoke to her in the days before her death would remember her well.

Hey folks - Just saw the newer illustration that Carl posted. There is now an even stronger resemblance to the Andrea I knew in Seattle back in the day. In fact, this is kind of creeping me out. I will say this though, in this newer illustration, she looks younger than what I would picture my old friend Andrea aka Big Mouth Andrea ( the other kids in our group of street kids/Goth kids called her Spaghetti Woman too, which ties in to the Italian thing ). This really could be her and I feel horrible because I don't remember her last name nor do I think I ever knew her last name. The other people/kids in our group could be cruel sometimes as young people can often be. I never liked the names they called her and I thought she was a sweet girl. That's why I sort of took her under my wing so to speak and gave her a place to stay. I'm at a total loss as to what more I can do. Everyone else I know who knew her is either gone as in dead or has gone on with their lives and I have no idea where any of them are now. I have talked to the detective at Orange County and there isn't much they can do without more info than what I have. My fear that this is her has trebled with viewing this newest illustration of her. I wish I could do more and I will keep trying my hardest to do so. I'm trying to track down some of the people I knew back in those days who also knew Andrea. One of them has got to remember her well enough to know her last name or something we can use to identify her. It's the nose and the eyes mostly that just drill into me when viewing this sketch and as I said, I'm pretty convinced. She just looks a bit younger than my Andrea would look, I think. Then again, I never saw Andrea without her pounds of Goth make up on as we all wore back then. No one would ever recognize me as the same Goth kid that was around back then. I look like an old Montana mountain man now. Well, I'll keep working on my end and if anyone has anything to add or ask, please do so. Thanks to all of you and we WILL get this solved one way or another. I have complete faith in all of us here on Websleuths.com. Take care all - BRMc

My friend Andrea aka Big Mouth Andrea had no real accent that I could discern. I grew up very close to the Canadian border in Montana and people tell me I have a very heavy Canadian accent. I don't even know what that would be, but I guess I do since people comment on it a lot. I do say 'eh' a lot, though! Andrea had what I would call a NW accent. She sounded like all of from the extreme NW of the USA sound like. In my opinion, she had to have been from Washington State or near there. The things I know about her for sure are these: She had black hair that was kind of short but long enough that she would rat it out so it looked big, very pale skin, was a bit pudgy in some places, used to wear a lot of makeup and pieces of jewelry hence the bracelet I have that she once gave me. The bracelet looks like a family heirloom or or an antique. It's very old and made of silver and what looks like Ebony. It's a rather big, clunky bracelet. She had no accent except what I would call a NW US accent, she told me once that during the day she worked in Burien ( a suburb of Seattle ) taking care of an older woman. Where she lived, I don't know. I'm not all that sure that Andrea had a real home. I don't think so often times as she never spoke about it and she stayed with me, sleeping in my big walk in closet for a while. She told me she was going to go to California someday and perhaps she did. Likely she did. People had nicknames for her which I have posted before. They were Big Mouth Andrea and Spaghetti Woman. Realize that this was a bunch of street kids and club hoppers of which I was one of in those days. I just didn't call her those names. I called her by her real name which was Andrea which she pronounced Awn-dray-uh. The fact that I have never heard from her again but have heard and know what happened to the rest of those kids and people I hung with back then is odd to me too. What happened to her? How come I don't know what happened to her? Supposedly she also had a reputation for stealing once in a while but she never took anything from me or my apartment. I distinctly remember that when I told the other people I was hanging with that Andrea was staying with my friend Brian and I at our apartment, they gave me a really weird look and warned me that she would steal. As I said, she never did. That's what I know. She liked wearing black alot but we all did. We were probably the first Goth people in the US. The whole scene started in Seattle and Vancouver, BC in the early 80's. So, take from this what you will and I still hope it's not the Andrea I knew but the possibility seems more likely than ever now.

And yes, she had pretty bad Acne which is likely why she also wore so much make up. Sorry, meant to add that to my other post.

Montana Man, thank you for all that additional information. Poor girl.

Did you ever consider writing a book about the NW Goth scene? I bet you could tell a fascinating story :)

Hey carbuff and friends, no I never did think about writing a book about the very early Goth scene in the NW US but now that you mention it, it might be a really good idea. I do have some journalistic background although it needs to be honed again and I would bet there are not many people besides me and a few others who really remember what it was like and didn't become casualties of that time period. I got into drugs and did plenty but if anything, they enhanced my memories instead of damaging me in any way. That's likely because I knew when to stop and I did. Andrea was a friend. I considered her one and she and I did some of those drugs together. I know it's not something a lot of people probably want to hear about but it's the truth and I am an honest man. She could have become a casualty of that culture or she could have done many things. The likeness above of the girl/woman who was hit by the car resembles her a lot and it has been bothering me very much since I don't know what more I can do. Maybe you're right Carbuff. I could certainly write a book on the Seattle and Vancouver and Portland Goth scenes and Club scenes from 1979 on up to 1989 or so. Maybe it would bring more people I used to know out of the woodwork and perhaps one may know what happened to the Andrea I knew. It's something to think about and I thank you for making the comment/suggestion. It is very important for me to find out if this is her or not. If it is, I want to see her put to rest and I will personally do whatever I can to make sure that happens. I want her to have a stone befitting the person she was if it is indeed her. She was a lost girl and not a bad person at all. I'm sure everyone can gather that by now. Take care everyone and have a really great New Year! 2013.....can you believe it?

Aundria has already been ruled-out.

Carl - from your rendering, this Jane Doe most definately looks of hispanic lineage to me. Considering the proximity of Huntington to the mexican border, this seems quite plausible. If she were undocumented, this adds even more weight to this theory, and possibly explains why she hasn't been "claimed". Regardless, we have claimed her in our hearts, and pray she is at peace.

Carl - from your rendering, this Jane Doe most definately looks of hispanic lineage to me. Considering the proximity of Huntington to the mexican border, this seems quite plausible. If she were undocumented, this adds even more weight to this theory, and possibly explains why she hasn't been "claimed". Regardless, we have claimed her in our hearts, and pray she is at peace.

I can see why you say that, but in the postmortem photo, she doesn't look as Hispanic. I've done several revisions to try to de-emphasize the ethnic look. Her eyes are closed in the photo, I can tell from the flesh above and below her eyes the basic shape of her eyes, and I think I have her eye-shape pretty close, but it still comes out looking more Hispanic than I envision.

I did one more revision to give her eyes a slight bit more backward slant, which might help.

2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg

I can see why you say that, but in the postmortem photo, she doesn't look as Hispanic. I've done several revisions to try to de-emphasize the ethnic look. Her eyes are closed in the photo, I can tell from the flesh above and below her eyes the basic shape of her eyes, and I think I have her eye-shape pretty close, but it still comes out looking more Hispanic than I envision.

I did one more revision to give her eyes a slight bit more backward slant, which might help.

2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg

I'm still strongly seeing Hispanic, but perhaps its jut me. It's the thickness of the lips and neck that suggest robust, albeit a bit husky build that makes me think this. Maybe a rendering with eyes shut?

Ok Carl. I covered her eyes and can now see a New York italiano. Maybe even sciciliano?

Her nose is what's throwing me off. That cute little pug nose doesn't make sense for Hispanic or Italian. Mixed ethnicity? Does her forehead speak to any particular trait?

the one downside of this being "Big Mouth Andrea" is that according to Doe

"Her teeth showed signs of previous orthodontics and she had received dental care shortly before her death. Expensive porcelain dental work. Restorations on back of top front 4 teeth. "

they do not define "shortly" but MountainMan said Awn Dray Uh was in Seattle in the mid-80's and this "Andrea" was killed in April 1990. I would certainly think that "recent" dental work is less than 5 yrs so I don't know where Awn Dray Uh would have gotten the money for expensive dentristry while the "Andrea" who was struck by the car had no money to her name.

Does anyone know if the detectives queried dental labs on these restoratiions? Expensive porcelein would certainly narrow it down

Does anyone know if the detectives queried dental labs on these restoratiions? Expensive porcelein would certainly narrow it down

They still wouldn't be able to narrow it down to a manageable number. Especially since she is pretty certainly from out of the area, and they aren't sure where, other than somewhere on the East Coast. One person who spoke with her prior to her death said maybe Newport News Virginia.

BTW, I already looked in Classmates through all of the available HS yearbooks from Newport News and the surrounding area. Didn't see her.

She looks like Long Island Princess to me -- Italian-American, Jewish-American, other central European-American. But I've seen that look all over the country. I've seen the cute little nose in lots of Italian women. I don't think it's much of a clue...

They still wouldn't be able to narrow it down to a manageable number. Especially since she is pretty certainly from out of the area, and they aren't sure where, other than somewhere on the East Coast. One person who spoke with her prior to her death said maybe Newport News Virginia.

BTW, I already looked in Classmates through all of the available HS yearbooks from Newport News and the surrounding area. Didn't see her.

Here's a wild long shot. And I do mean long shot. What if the detectives contacted the American dental association and asked for volunteers to help them figure out how to narrow the dental lab search? Type of blend, technique, I'm sure it could be narrowed. Just a thought.

thanks MontanaMan (sorry I was calling you MountainMan!) for clarifying a few things. you said her accent was Pacific Northwest so that may explain how she could have gotten expensive dentistry while on the run. if she was fairly local, she could have gone back home, stayed a while, gotten medical and dental care and then rejoined your goth posse.

if you mentioned it I must have missed it, but can you approximate Andrea's age? I mean about how old would you say she was when you guys first met (and if you can restate the year)? I ask this so if we are to scour old yearbooks online from the Puget Sound area, it would help to narrow down the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee