UP3838
UP12683
Haydee Rodriguez
UP9978
UP6229
UP522
UP8493
UP6787
Hmmm... who is UP6787? From looking around I believe she was found in NM in 1991 but she isn't Becca or the San Jaun Jane Doe. Her NamUs is down too.

I know I’ve said before that I believe Ilene was alive and safe or something along those lines but honestly that was wishful thinking and I was still relatively new to sleuthing at the time I said things like that.

I now believe however, that Ilene was abducted and murdered on the day she disappeared. A girl matching her description was seen entering a van with several unidentified juvenile males on San Ramon Boulevard sometime between 2:50 pm and 3:10 pm on the day she disappeared. Other witnesses might’ve seen her entering a mid-1980s white four door American made Sedan near John Mape Park on the path she usually took home.

Whether these sightings are true or not idk but I thought I’d post them since I’ve been doing more research on Ilene’s abduction. I also don’t believe Ilene’s disappearance is connected to any of the other missing girls. Not even Michaela, it looks like her killer, David Misch, was in prison for drug possession when Ilene went missing.

In regards to Tim Bindner, I don’t believe he was involved in any of the cases mentioned previously. I think he was just very creepy and wanted to involve himself with the families due to his fixation on each case.

I believe in the realm of already named suspects, James Daveggio seems like a very likely candidate. I doubt his wifey Michaud was involved obviously but he remains a suspect in the case. Per this Unsolved Mysteries summary about the Misheloff case:

“Daveggio was known to abduct young women who were outside during the daytime; he was also known to strike during the fall and winter months. Some of his victims were also around her age. The other abductions that he committed took place close to where Ilene was last seen. Also, he was living in Pleasanton, five miles from Dublin, at the time of her disappearance. He also had a girlfriend in Dublin at the time.”

Unsolved Mysteries Wiki - Ilene Misheloff

It seems Ilene’s dad also believes she’s deceased and hopes her remains are found but doubts it since it’s been so long since her abduction. I hope so too.

I know I’ve said before that I believe Ilene was alive and safe or something along those lines but honestly that was wishful thinking and I was still relatively new to sleuthing at the time I said things like that.

I now believe however, that Ilene was abducted and murdered on the day she disappeared. A girl matching her description was seen entering a van with several unidentified juvenile males on San Ramon Boulevard sometime between 2:50 pm and 3:10 pm on the day she disappeared. Other witnesses might’ve seen her entering a mid-1980s white four door American made Sedan near John Mape Park on the path she usually took home.

Whether these sightings are true or not idk but I thought I’d post them since I’ve been doing more research on Ilene’s abduction. I also don’t believe Ilene’s disappearance is connected to any of the other missing girls. Not even Michaela, it looks like her killer, David Misch, was in prison for drug possession when Ilene went missing.

In regards to Tim Bindner, I don’t believe he was involved in any of the cases mentioned previously. I think he was just very creepy and wanted to involve himself with the families due to his fixation on each case.

I believe in the realm of already named suspects, James Daveggio seems like a very likely candidate. I doubt his wifey Michaud was involved obviously but he remains a suspect in the case. Per this Unsolved Mysteries summary about the Misheloff case:

“Daveggio was known to abduct young women who were outside during the daytime; he was also known to strike during the fall and winter months. Some of his victims were also around her age. The other abductions that he committed took place close to where Ilene was last seen. Also, he was living in Pleasanton, five miles from Dublin, at the time of her disappearance. He also had a girlfriend in Dublin at the time.”

Unsolved Mysteries Wiki - Ilene Misheloff

It seems Ilene’s dad also believes she’s deceased and hopes her remains are found but doubts it since it’s been so long since her abduction. I hope so too.
Thank you for keeping her thread alive. I'm very local to this case, although I didn't live here at the time of her disappearance, and I agree with you that Daveggio is the most likely POI.

Thank you for keeping her thread alive. I'm very local to this case, although I didn't live here at the time of her disappearance, and I agree with you that Daveggio is the most likely POI.
Of course! I feel so horrible that Ilene’s mom ended up leaving this earth before learning what happened to her. I definitely believe Daveggio is the guy after doing some more reading on his connection to the case.

I personally feel that Ilene’s case was slightly overshadowed in the news because of the other kidnappings that took place. I do not believe those cases are linked to Ilene’s and now it looks like they were all done by different people. I just hope they all get solved eventually like the Garecht case.

Of course! I feel so horrible that Ilene’s mom ended up leaving this earth before learning what happened to her. I definitely believe Daveggio is the guy after doing some more reading on his connection to the case.

I personally feel that Ilene’s case was slightly overshadowed in the news because of the other kidnappings that took place. I do not believe those cases are linked to Ilene’s and now it looks like they were all done by different people. I just hope they all get solved eventually like the Garecht case.
That's exactly why I made a separate thread for Ilene. I don't believe that her disappearance is connected to the other Bay Area girls who disappeared at the same time.

I don’t recall if this has been discussed before, but before Jaycee was found, was Tim Bindner considered a suspect in her abduction as well since it happened in the same time period as Ilene, Michaela, Amber and Nikki?

I don’t recall if this has been discussed before, but before Jaycee was found, was Tim Bindner considered a suspect in her abduction as well since it happened in the same time period as Ilene, Michaela, Amber and Nikki?
No, I don’t think so. I don’t recall ever hearing that he approached Jaycee’s family following her abduction like he did to Amber, Michaela, Ilene, and eventually Amanda offering his assistance to them.

I also have an archived link to Jaycee’s Charley Project page here - https://archive.vn/CYvBT

I also doubt that Tim is a suspect in any of the cases anymore. He’s been ruled out in Michaela’s case since it’s been proven David Misch kidnapped annd murdered her. I also doubt he’s still a suspect in the Misheloff case or that of Amber Swartz-Garcia. While I have my doubts, I see Curtis Anderson as a more likely suspect in that one.

California Cold Cases: 15 FBI Missing Person Files That Still Haunt

Ilene was 13 years old when she vanished Jan. 30, 1989. Each year, on the anniversary of her disappearance, a community candlelight vigil and walk is held in Dublin to keep Ilene's memory alive. It's hoped the annual vigil will spark someone to remember something that could help solve the mystery of the teen's whereabouts.

Anniversary of disappearance today.

View attachment 398736
Dang! Next year will be 35 years since her disappearance! And still no answers!

For those interested, California True Crime podcast covered Ilene Misheloff's disappearance during their most recent season! See below for the episodes page and a link to where you can listen!

California True Crime - The Kidnapping of Ilene Beth Misheloff

JAN 30, 2023
patch.com

Dublin Mourns The 34th Anniversary Of Ilene Mischeloff's Disappearance

[...]

For over 30 years on Jan. 30, the community held a candlelight vigil and walk to keep her memory alive and pressure police to continue investigating. The vigil was canceled indefinitely after Ilene’s mother Maddi - a pillar of the community who served on the Dublin San Ramon Services District Board of Directors, and helped organize the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Dublin Pride Week, among other activities - passed away in April 2020 following a two-year battle with bladder cancer.

[...]

Police are offering a $95,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. Investigating agencies are re-examining the case after David Misch, 59, was charged with the murder of 9-year-old Michaela Garecht, who disappeared outside a Hayward supermarket in 1988. Misch has been in prison since 1989 for another Hayward murder and is awaiting trial for a 1986 cold-case double homicide in Fremont.

[...]

To abduct a 13 year old girl from a developed area with a lot of people around, you need a vehicle very close to the abduction point and that vehicle has to be where there are likely to be few people... I think there is a parking area at John Mape Memorial Park which is very close to the dry creek bed where the kidnapping almost certainly occurred. The children knew they could get from the commercial part of Dublin to the communities west of San Ramon by crossing San Ramon near The Sawmill and then taking the path across the dry creek bed to John Mape Park... This is a route that only a local would have known. No one could have followed Ilene there in a vehicle; only on foot. A local might have imagined that she would end up on the dry creek trail and then drive to the John Mape Park parking area or, quite possibly, she was waiting for someone to walk that road. Either way, only a local would know that way...

I don't think any out-of-town predator has stumbled across that path and found Ilene. I'm sure she was dealing with someone who lived in Dublin or knew the city very well. My own wild guess would be that he was an older teenager who pulled this off and was one of those "one and done" criminals who go on to live a more or less normal life. Because he had the means to bury her body in undeveloped land around Dublin and leave no DNA behind, we may never know who she is....she was just a 13 year old girl with a talent for skating and a . It ended just like that...
rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti
Back