CA CA - Ilene Misheloff, 13, Dublin, 30 Jan 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you!! I have also contacted Unsolved Mysteries since they covered her story back when it originally happened. I also want to have a podcast made. I started reading Stalemate. Wow. In his interview with the author, he lies about only being half a mile away in his van from Ilene's house when he "tried searching for her". He parked in front of Maddi and Mike's house and spoke with my stepdad (Ilene's uncle) and he was totally creeped out by him, my stepdad described the pictures of young girls hanging all over the inside of his van and the FBI verified it was Bindner.
I think the most puzzling piece to the evidence is the scent ending across the street from where her keys and backpack were found. It just doesn't make sense, especially if you know the area.

Hi! Thank you for being a part of this. I'm assuming you live on the same street? I was up there for the 30th anniversary walk.
Wow, I didn't know that Daveggio was buddies with Michael Ihde. As an aside, my husband was almost on a jury for Michael Ihde. I remember him telling me about that... Mwash, feel free to message me, I'm a neighbor of Maddie & Mike's.

Thank you!! I have also contacted Unsolved Mysteries since they covered her story back when it originally happened. I also want to have a podcast made. I started reading Stalemate. Wow. In his interview with the author, he lies about only being half a mile away in his van from Ilene's house when he "tried searching for her". He parked in front of Maddi and Mike's house and spoke with my stepdad (Ilene's uncle) and he was totally creeped out by him, my stepdad described the pictures of young girls hanging all over the inside of his van and the FBI verified it was Bindner.
I think the most puzzling piece to the evidence is the scent ending across the street from where her keys and backpack were found. It just doesn't make sense, especially if you know the area.
you’re right. I’m sure you’ve read most of the posts here on this page, and you would know that I’m not certain Ilene made it to the other side of the street. All theories of course. You know how busy San Ramon Rd. is, if she crossed that road I am absolutely certain someone would’ve seen it. Even back then it was a very busy street. As soon as I read stalemate and realized her sent ended right behind where Gallaghers is, it finally made sense to me that no one had seen her cross the street, not that I can see it in any news article anyway. There may have been witnesses accounts of her crossing the street ,but I’ve never read one. Does make the key and the backpack even more of a mystery. Hoping there’s touch DNA being done on those items. My best friend grew up in Ilene’s neighborhood how i found out about the Tube, and said kids ran across that road all the time as a shortcut. Her self included. And it was a bit like a game of Frogger.

No one would have seen her behind Gallagher's. I walked there recently, it's pretty deserted in that parking lot, but a friend of mine who has lived here a long time told me awhile back that someone had seen Ilene getting into a white van.

No one would have seen her behind Gallagher's. I walked there recently, it's pretty deserted in that parking lot, but a friend of mine who has lived here a long time told me awhile back that someone had seen Ilene getting into a white van.
I agree. It would have been the perfect location to take someone unseen. And because she had left school early that day there were not have been other children walking home at the same time. It would only had taken second.

You know I have hear stories, from folks in town, friends of friends, that say she got into a car or van. I have just never seen it in any news article I have been able to find. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to speak with somone in law enforcement back during the year of the 3oth anniversary. Get all the facts straight. It would be nice to clear out all the rumors, home town legends/gossip about what really was seen and heard.
I think it would be so beneficial for those who perhaps really did witness something that day, but think they must have been mistaken due to misinformation.

If you could get her story out there more that would be so great. Like I said, The Vanished is an excellent podcast. She is very detailed, does a great deal of research. No sensationalism or any of that which you find on other podcasts.

Incredible that your dad actually spoke to Binder. Yes, that man is so terrifying on so many levels.

I agree with the keys and backpack part of the mystery. It would be almost impossible to take someone from the part without being seen. And even getting to the park, if your not a local, would be hard. Someone not from here, seeing her go down into the creekbed from the road, would have a hard time figuring out where she went.

That IS good news. Was this guy ever investigated in Ilene's disappearance? MOO
I have no idea, it doesn’t appear he was on anyone’s radar. That I know of. It’s his arrest for the 1986 double murder in Fremont that brought him into the light I believe. Just read an updated story online that includes the probable cause for a warrantless arrest document. They got him on a palm print.

I have no idea, it doesn’t appear he was on anyone’s radar. That I know of. It’s his arrest for the 1986 double murder in Fremont that brought him into the light I believe. Just read an updated story online that includes the probable cause for a warrantless arrest document. They got him on a palm print.
David was out when Ilene was taken. He was only arrested in late 1989 after stabbing a woman to death in December

I also discovered the attempted abduction of Alecia Christopherson in Union City, CA which occurred in February of 1989. A man attempted to grab and subdue her but Alecia was able to escape his grasp. The attack on her matches up with David’s attack on an 18 year old woman in 1981 which he was charged for. I think he was possibly involved in Ilene’s case and the case of Amber Swartz-Garcia

Decades later, charges filed in Michaela Garecht case bring relief to Hayward

Misch is already in Santa Rita Jail serving a prior murder conviction and is awaiting trial for a double murder committed in Fremont in 1986 of friends Jennifer Duey and Michelle Xavier.

Now, other law enforcement agencies including Dublin Police Services, are revisiting their kidnapping cold cases.

Ilene Misheloff was last seen walking home from school in Dublin on Jan. 30, 1989.

"Definitely piqued our interest and sparked us to look into this individual to see if there's any links to our case as well," said Nate Schmidt, Captain with Dublin Police Services.

yes amber schwartz garcia disappeared 6 months before michaela and Ilene disappeared 2 months after Michaela.....some one caught kidnapping another child took credit for amber but there was Nothing to indicate he really did.......they identified this guy he has been serving time for killing a woman way back when he is on trial now because they linked him with dna to the murder of 2 teenagers back at the time and the east bay...

they had the partial palm print from the scooter from the michaela garech kidnapping ( finger prints go into the system not palm prints) but they have pulled it out over the years when ever they though someone could be a possibility. this time they had several suspects they thought might match...THIS guy was in the group and his palm print matched the one on the scooter he took michaela..he could well have taken amber and ileen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy Sleuth
Back