GUILTY CA - Jason Allen, 26, & Lindsay Cutshall, 22, slain, Jenner Beach, 15 Aug 2004 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The suspect had recently been arrested for shooting and killing his younger brother. He had spent time in prison for shooting arrows at the roof of a car 2 men were sitting in parked in front of the suspects house. I wonder if the gun used to kill his brother was the same one used on the couple.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/6820536-181/guerneville-man-38-jailed-in?artslide=0

I don't have a link but this question was asked by a reporter after the presser. Not the same weapon.

I wonder if he killed anyone else randomly over the years...if he was in Colorado I'd be looking at him for NOCO.

The Sheriff's FB page has additional info after the presser:
https://www.facebook.com/sonoma.sheriff/posts/1570018323022735

He was a suspect early on, and hadn't ever been ruled out. He was in jail for killing his brother, so they reinterviewed him about the Jenner murders, and he knew things that hadn't been released to the public.

So glad this case has been solved!

The last couple posts look like maybe his brother had hacked Shaun's Facebook page, posts about likes sex for free, ect. Maybe the reason the brother was murdered. Maybe LE found evidence in his room relating to the couple's murder while investigating the brother's murder.

I am so thrilled to see an arrest in this case! I was living in the Bay Area at the time and still remember reading about this tragedy. Two young people just minding their own business, enjoying the beauty of the Sonoma coast and then this came along. Ugh.

SLAYING OF CAMP WORKERS ON CALIFORNIA BEACH MAY BE SOLVED

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-05-14-57-42

On Friday, Sonoma County Sheriff Steve Freitas said investigators have interrogated Shaun Gallon, 38, of Forestville, who is in custody in the March fatal shooting of his brother. Gallon knew things about the killings that no one who wasn't involved could have known, the sheriff said, and authorities have also found corroborating evidence.

he was posting strange stuff night he killed his brother.

To me it looks like someone was typing really fast on a phone app. In mind I could see Gallon putting the phone down open to his Facebook page and his bother quickly posts a few prankish texts. Then brother finds out and kills him in a fit of rage.

SLAYING OF CAMP WORKERS ON CALIFORNIA BEACH MAY BE SOLVED

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-05-14-57-42

On Friday, Sonoma County Sheriff Steve Freitas said investigators have interrogated Shaun Gallon, 38, of Forestville, who is in custody in the March fatal shooting of his brother. Gallon knew things about the killings that no one who wasn't involved could have known, the sheriff said, and authorities have also found corroborating evidence.

Probably the blue bead looking necklace taken from one of the victims.

that is completely nuts though.

To me it looks like someone was typing really fast on a phone app. In mind I could see Gallon putting the phone down open to his Facebook page and his bother quickly posts a few prankish texts. Then brother finds out and kills him in a fit of rage.

Was the .45 marlin used in the shootings registered to the suspect or anyone in his family? That would have made him an early suspect.

I read an old article that said only 10,000 of the lever-action Marlins were produced and about 3,000 of the semi-automatics.

Then in another article. Was Gallon's DNA on the beer bottle? Wouldn't they have gotten his DNA on his other arrests or they weren't felonies? Or bottle not related at all.
http://www.sonomamag.com/lost-found/

The rare Marlin rifle was publicly identified as the murder weapon. Detectives went door to door in the county and elsewhere looking for that model of gun, eventually taking about 100 firearms to test.

snip

Sonoma County detectives flew to New Mexico to see if there were ties between the 1972 case and the killings of Jason and Lindsay. But Burgess’ DNA did not match that found on a beer bottle discovered at the scene of the Fish Head Beach murders.

That didn’t exclude Burgess as a suspect, but it meant he could not be connected to the slayings through any other means — by anything in a dozen 4-inch binders of tips, for example, or piles of boxes of investigative research.

So great to see an arrest in the Jason Allen and Lindsay Cutshall case-- great work by the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department in staying with the investigation for 13 years.

This California double homicide had sometimes been compared to the 1986-1989 unsolved double homicides of couples in the Colonial Parkway Murders in and around Williamsburg, Virginia, as well as the double homicides of Julie Williams and Lollie Winans in the Shenadoah National Park in 1996, and perhaps most striking, the apparent random rifle shooting of Virginia Tech students David Metzler and Heidi Childs while parked in their car in the Jefferson National Forest in Montgomery County, Virginia in August 2009.

All the best to the investigators, the Allen and Cutshall families, and the community in that beautiful stretch of California coastline.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathy Thomas
Colonial Parkway Murders

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member