GUILTY CA - Jason Allen, 26, & Lindsay Cutshall, 22, slain, Jenner Beach, 15 Aug 2004 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They need to look at other unsolved homicides in this area. This guy was a known local weirdo, I have friends that live on the river and were familiar with him. He would walk around town with his homemade weapons. SO glad this case may have some closure though!

The last couple posts look like maybe his brother had hacked Shaun's Facebook page, posts about likes sex for free, ect. Maybe the reason the brother was murdered. Maybe LE found evidence in his room relating to the couple's murder while investigating the brother's murder.

He had some crazy all caps posts at different times before that. I see no evidence that anyone hacked anything. This was a strange, unstable person I think who might have been delusional, angry or trying to make himself look crazy.

They need to look at other unsolved homicides in this area. This guy was a known local weirdo, I have friends that live on the river and were familiar with him. He would walk around town with his homemade weapons. SO glad this case may have some closure though!

Yeah, the more I read, the more I see some mental health issues. Definitely a strange character.

So glad to see the recent arrest! Finally some answers and healing for the families. And of course, justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prosecution delayed for suspected Jenner double-killer
A preliminary hearing was delayed Friday until November for a Forestville man charged with killing his brother earlier this year and identified as the lone suspect in a 13-year-old Jenner double-murder.

Shaun Michael Gallon, 39, made a brief court appearance before Judge Jamie Thistlethwaite, who put off further proceedings until Nov. 3.

Still no charges.
I live between Guerneville and Jenner and often saw this guy around town. I was there the day he shot the arrow and hung out with the victim, watching the swat team for about an hour that day.
I wish this case was solved but it doesn’t look like it is, after all.

Still no charges in 2004 Jenner double slaying as Forestville suspect to appear in court

But the District Attorney’s Office has yet to charge Gallon with the couple’s murder, and Sonoma County Public Defender Kathleen Pozzi expressed profound doubts Thursday about his involvement, despite a criminal past that includes prison time for firing an arrow into an occupied car and current allegations in his younger brother’s death.

“I am absolutely, unequivocally not convinced that Shaun Gallon had anything to do with the Jenner killing,” Pozzi said in an interview.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Spencer Brady said his office hopes to make a decision about filing charges in the double homicide by the time Gallon next appears in court, May 14. But prosecutors are still awaiting some investigative reports from the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office, and until they’re in hand “we can’t make that decision,” Brady said.

>snipped<

The only real evidence is that a beer bottle of a brand only sold in Sonoma county was found near the crime scene and DNA was found but there was no record on CODIS. It is possible that it was a random piece of beach litter but it was given a lot of publicity and no one has come forward admitting to leaving it there.

I agree with Kristen83, it will not be solved unless someone talks or a DNA "hit" ls made.

The reason the beer bottle is a big deal is because Camo beer is made in Wisconsin, is very uncommon in CA and very few vendors in Sonoma county sell it.

Gallon has finally been charged in this case. "[FONT=&amp]On Friday, prosecutors filed documents in Sonoma County Superior Court charging Gallon with killing Cutshall and Allen. He was arraigned on those charges Monday morning in a brief court hearing."

[/FONT]http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8329605-181/sonoma-county-murder-suspect-charged

I am so happy for their families. I thought this might be a case that would never be solved. Seems a lot of cold cases are having movement lately.

What could have been his motive, shooting them in their sleep and nothing stolen? So, so senseless.

I too recall this case when it happened. Glad they finally found the guy! Another one for my list!

Suspect charged in 2004 cold case of couple shot dead in sleeping bags on California beach

"SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. -- A man arrested last year in the cold case of a couple found shot dead in sleeping bags on a northern California beach has been charged with their murders, reports the Napa Valley Register. Shaun Gallon, 39, was charged Friday with killing Lindsay Cutshall, 22, and Jason Allen, 26, in August of 2004, the paper reports.

Sonoma County District Attorney's Office also reportedly charged the Forestville man with the shooting death of his brother Shamus Michael Gallon in March 2017 and attempted murder in a package bombing in Guerneville in June 2004.

The complaint states an assault rifle was used in all three slayings, according to the paper.

The mystery surrounding the couple's 2004 beach campsite killing long had drawn national attention: The bodies of Lindsay Cutshall and her fiance Jason Allen were found next to each other on a driftwood-strewn beach near Jenner, California, on Aug. 18, 2004. They were scheduled to be married a month later....

Gallon reportedly appeared in court on Monday but didn't enter a plea. He is scheduled for another court date June 19."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect...n-calif-beach/

Tuesday, June 19th:
*Prelim Hearing - CA - Jason S. Allen (26) & his fiancé Lindsey Cutshall (22) (Aug. 15, 2004) - Shaun Michael Gallon (39/25 @ time of crime) charged (5/14/18) with 1st degree murder. Held w/o bail. LE say he confessed enough to tie him to these murders.
and victim: Shamus Michael Gallon (26) (his bro) (Mar. 24, 2017) - charged (11/3/17) with 1st degree murder, also being a felon in possession of firearm & possession of an assault weapon.
Also charged with attempted murder in June of 2004 in a package bombing in Guerneville.
Sonoma County DA's say they intend to try all three murder charges & the attempted murder charges together.
Had hearing on 5/14/18, entered no plea, next hearing today, 6/19.

Anyone interested in this case?

I can't get into Sonoma county court site - wondering "what" happened at this hearing. Any locals seeing any articles, maybe?

TIA!

Thanks a bunch Jerrod! Much appreciated.

Friday, December 7th:
*Preliminary Hearing - CA - Jason S. Allen (26) & his fiancé Lindsey Cutshall (22) (Aug. 15, 2004, Jenner Beach) - *Shaun Michael Gallon (39/25 @ time of crime) charged (5/14/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty (6/19/18). Held w/o bail.
LE say he confessed enough to tie him to these murders.
and victim: Shamus Michael Gallon (26) (his bro) (Mar. 24, 2017) - charged (11/3/17) with 1st degree murder, also being a felon in possession of firearm & possession of an assault weapon. Plead not guilty.
Also charged with attempted murder in June of 2004 in a package bombing in Guerneville. Plead not guilty.
Sonoma County District Attorney's say they intend to try all three murder charges and the attempted murder charges together.
6/19/18 Update: Plead not guilty to all charges. A preliminary hearing in the case for Dec. 7, a hearing for the prosecution to provide the foundational evidence and witness testimony in the case so the judge can determine whether there is enough evidence against Gallon for a trial. Brady said he estimated the preliminary hearing could take three days.

@Jerrod - can I bother you to see if there is a new court date?

images

@Jerrod - anything new on court site? I don't have access - that's why I'm asking! :)

TIA!

There has been nothing since the 12/7 date was vacated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back