DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you find this out?

Sorry, here is the link
http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_13214483

"According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, Phillip Garrido was convicted of kidnapping in Nevada. He was imprisoned in December 1980 and released on parole in January 1988. After a parole violation, he was sent back to prison from April 1993 to August 1993, according to the records."

Sorry, here is the link
http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_13214483

"According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, Phillip Garrido was convicted of kidnapping in Nevada. He was imprisoned in December 1980 and released on parole in January 1988. After a parole violation, he was sent back to prison from April 1993 to August 1993, according to the records."

Wonder what the parole violation was? Wonder if LE ever met this child when she was held. i surely hope not!!

Did he go directly back to California or can we find out if he was in that area for a while...

Sorry for this question that may be obvious (I'm just getting here, pretty late in the game) but do we know for a FACT that the two children are Jaycee's?

Reporter for HLN just said that there is so much crazy stuff about this story that they cannot even report on it right now!:eek: If this guy "specialized" in mind control, who knows what he did to those children. :(

I have a horrible feeling that there will be much more to this story that will break our hearts.
Again I have to wonder, how is it possible for someone to create and keep their own private collection of human beings?

More from the neighbor:
Haydee Perry, 32, said her boyfriend has a 7-year-old daughter and that he was concerned about Garrido living next door. She said a friend of her boyfriend had called police a few years ago because there were children living in the Garrido home and other people were living in the yard in tents. Neighbors also noted that Garrido had a penchant for wandering the neighborhood distributing religious tracts and quoting Bible verse, she said. Perry added that nothing came of the call to police.
Perry said she had talked to a young girl at the home recently who she estimated was 11 and that the girl had indicated she had two older sisters, one a young teen and the other 28, about the same age as Dugard today.
<snip>
El Dorado County sheriff's officials were preparing to release details on the case at a 3 p.m. Pacific time news conference, but the girl's stepfather confirmed early today that Jaycee had resurfaced and was being reunited with her mother.
Carl Probyn, Jaycee's stepfather, said his wife and daughter were flying to Northern California to meet Dugard and that his wife, Terry, spoke with the young woman by phone Wednesday night.
The Probyns, who are separated, live in Southern California, Carl in Orange County and Terry in Riverside. Terry Probyn and their daughter, Shayna, 19, boarded a 6 a.m. flight to the Bay Area to meet with Dugard, Carl Probyn said. more at link:http://www.bellinghamherald.com/latestheadlines/story/1044609.html

You would think that when a SO is arrested or on parole that someone would notice he had a little girl living with him. Sometimes I fear these missing kids are in plain sight and we are just not looking hard enough. she was 11 when she was taken which means she must remember her family and know for a fact she was kidnapped. i wish we could find Etan Paz like this too.

On KCRA they just said her mother has spoken with a female who claims to be Jaycee and they feel that she will be positively IDed as her. No link yet...

I just now read the article on Fox News - national site, and I'm surprised! I vaguely remember this case. It's not too often that a child abduction ends with the child alive, so this must be counted as one of the few miracles! :)

Smart Detective Recognizes Jaycee Dugard
8 mins ago
<snipped>
An unnamed source told News10 they received a call Wednesday from a detective in the Bay Area who said "I've got Jaycee Dugard sitting across the table from me."

According to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation's a parole agent brought in Garrido who is a parolee for questioning. On Wednesday suspicious activity had been reported when Garrido, a registered sex offender, was seen with two small children at U.C. Berkeley.
CDCR officers contacted the Concord Police Department to help in determining the identity of the two children and the woman who accompanied Garrido to the CDCR's parole office in Concord.

CDCR officials said in a statement, "The diligent questioning and follow up by the parolee's agent of record led to Garrido revealing his kidnapping of the adult female. It was further revealed by Garrido that she was Jaycee Lee Dugard and that the children were his."

Article:
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65918&catid=2

:angel:

He was paroled from Nevada in 1999 - kidnapping and rape.

This guy never should've been let out.

why would this article be dated December?
It says August 27 at the top of the page. My Italian is rusty, but I can make out something like Jaycee saying,"Mama when are you coming to see/get me?" I'd need my Italian dictionary to check out the verb prendere.
I think this may have been last night's phone conversation with her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay