CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
criminal complaint will be filed by noon tomorrow

Nancy was with Phillip at the original kidnapping

Parole agent became suspicous because he had never seen the jaycee or the kids in that house.

The sheds were secluded by the fence and trees they were no more than 6ft high.

I really can not believe this...this case has haunted me more than any other during my life, I think because I'm close to Jaycee's age. I honestly always had a feeling she was alive--I don't know why. But thank God she is. Hopefully she can work through the trauma of the last 18 years and start a new life with her daughters and her parents.

Girl abducted in 1991 turns up alive, Antioch couple held
August 27, 2009
<snipped>
Jaycee Dugard, now 29, is believed to have borne children by the man who is accused of kidnapping her in 1991, Phillip Craig Garrido, 58, law enforcement sources said.

Garrido, who lives in an unincorporated area near Antioch, was being held in lieu of $1 million bail on suspicion of kidnapping, rape by force, lewd and lascivious acts with a minor, sexual penetration and conspiracy.

His wife, Nancy Garrido, 55, was also being held on suspicion of conspiracy and kidnapping. Her bail was also $1 million. Both were initially booked into the Contra Costa County Jail in Martinez, but have since been moved to an undisclosed site.

Investigators believe Phillip Garrido kept Dugard in a shed for two years when she was a child and that she had also been housed in other outbuildings on the property, law enforcement sources said.

VIDEO: Girl abducted in 1991 turns up alive, Antioch couple held
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL&o=7

Vital stats of her disappearance
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dugard_jaycee.html?tsp=1

Article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL&tsp=1

:angel:

Jaycee was brought there straight from the abduction

the two children were born there. They appear to be in good health and not abused. (I highly doubt that)

electrical cords to the shed, outhouse and shower as if camping.

chikldren are 11 and 15

all charges will be filed in el doraldo county

There are no punishments good enough for that man & His wife.

no further news conferences scheduled. that's it!

That reporter who said something along the lines of "So Jaycee never made any attempts to contact her family? Was there a telephone in the residence?" really made my blood boil. This type of thing is NEVER the child's fault.

So Jaycee was just 14 when she had her oldest daughter. Poor baby.

I'm glad she is coming home to her mother and her family. May the angels stay with her!

Salem

jaycee is 28

your children are 11 and 15
she gave birth when she was 13 14

I hope and pray they all get the help they need and can put this behind them and go on
please dear god

So Jaycee would have given birth to the older daughter when she was about fourteen.

Can you imagine being a terrified young girl who was not only held captive, but had to give birth at home at that age?

This is so incredibly sad.

I wonder if the berkley campus ran his license? In our schools they run your license for felonies to walk in it. this is the only way I can think of the berkley officer knowing this guy was a sex offender.

Unfortunately no...I work here on campus and basically anyone can walk into campus. School started yesterday, so there have been a ton of people on campus this last week. There are normally a few religious nuts standing down at Sather Gate or in Sproul Plaza handing out religious flyers or political propaganda.

If I find out who this great UC Berkeley police officer is...I just might walk down campus and give him a big hug!

With all the state budget cuts and furlough talk as well as lay-off's its nice to see that a positive story came from the UC Berkeley campus today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel