Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13231043?source=rss

Wilma Probyn, 83, said she talked Thursday to Jaycee's mother, Terry Probyn, who told her that while her daughter was doing well physically, she felt guilt over her bonding with suspect Phillip Garrido. And she told People, "I heard that [Garrido] would take the two girls to Hometown Buffet once in a while, and to the aquarium in San Francisco, but Jaycee never got out."

They were his -- they were a part of him, and Jaycee would always be just his prisoner. Sadly, these little girls sound like they were terrifed of him and I am sure he enjoyed their total submission.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13231043?source=rss

Wilma Probyn, 83, said she talked Thursday to Jaycee's mother, Terry Probyn, who told her that while her daughter was doing well physically, she felt guilt over her bonding with suspect Phillip Garrido. And she told People, "I heard that [Garrido] would take the two girls to Hometown Buffet once in a while, and to the aquarium in San Francisco, but Jaycee never got out."

Just breaks my heart.

It has always intrigued me what goes on in the minds of these people, guess that's part of the reason I follow these cases.

I truly feel that this case should involve a statement from the president.President Obama should be so on this--this involves people,and in my mind beats the bail out of the big auto makers and banks that were mismanaged.How is he going to address this very obviously broken system???Don't get me wrong I am not anti Obama,I am with him most of the way,but this is a huge,a huge problem,for our country,and the children of this country.The president needs to address this and NOW!!! Lets get the Army engineers at the sight.I personally am going to try to E-mail the president.How oh how did this happen in this country,for the last 18 yrs.

"And police last night revealed pervert Garrido first hatched his plan to kidnap little Jaycee Lee Dugard to give his infertile wife a child.

A source close to the investigation told us that Nancy - who met Garrido during a prison visit while he was serving time for the brutal 1976 kidnap and rape of Katherine Calloway - was unable to have children of her own and dreamed of making her sicko husband a dad.

Our source explained: "Nancy tried to get pregnant for years, and when it didn't happen she was devastated.

"Garrido also had some deranged idea that he was meant to be a father, and they decided that if they couldn't have a child naturally they would acquire one, which is what led them to abduct little Jaycee off the street near her home in Lake Tahoe."
The couple's twisted fantasies were fired up even more when Jaycee was raped and made pregnant by her captor at the tender age of just 14.

The source said: "You'd think any woman would be devastated to learn her husband was having sex with someone else, let alone knowing he was clearly a paedophile. But Nancy started to view Jaycee as some kind of vessel to help her get the family she longed for.""

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/479149/Phillip-Garrido-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard.html

Does anyone know if there will be any updates today? I heard LE have gone in with shovels and chainsaws :sick:

I can't begin to imagine the horrors that took place inside and outside that house. How can people be so cruel to others. :cry:

As it states under my hat, "WS has changed the way I walk in this world"....My whole life has changed since being here and learning these horrors. I look at everyone differently. Family, friends, neighbors...sadly, they are our nightmares.

Could we please NOT consider News of the World a credible news source?
The other British tabloids aren't much better, but this is by far the WORST.

Try as I might, I cannot find strong enough words to describe the anger I feel toward these two monsters.

Jaycee was so young and had all of the innocent dreams for life that children that age do. I am just heartbroken for she and her daughters. GB Jaycee's mother and let her find the strength to deal with what she now knows has happened to the little daughter she lost so long ago.

GB them all and give them the strength to overcome and deal with all of these horrors.

I just can't "buy into" this "excuse" that NG was infertile and therefore Jaycee was kidnapped to give the other a child. NOPE NO WAY!!! She (Jaycee) was only 11 years old FGS!!!!!!! How can anyone that's wanting a child choose an 11 year old CHILD to do that?

Not buying it. Please God, use your mighty hand and give someone the will and the strength to get to these two and send them straight to he77 NOW! They are the devil's spawn and are not fit to walk this earth.

Sorry - I'll get off my soapbox now, but I do feel a little better.

I just can't "buy into" this "excuse" that NG was infertile and therefore Jaycee was kidnapped to give the other a child. NOPE NO WAY!!! She (Jaycee) was only 11 years old FGS!!!!!!! How can anyone that's wanting a child choose an 11 year old CHILD to do that?

Not buying it. Please God, use your mighty hand and give someone the will and the strength to get to these two and send them straight to he77 NOW! They are the devil's spawn and are not fit to walk this earth.

Sorry - I'll get off my soapbox now, but I do feel a little better.
soapbox.gif
Just for you, SWAG1959 Use it anytime you like.

Could we please NOT consider News of the World a credible news source?
The other British tabloids aren't much better, but this is by far the WORST.
Not endorsing taboid journalism here and its professional handling of facts vs sensationalism, but there were references to the same kind of information in not quite as much horrific detail attributed to more than one neighbor in the more mainstream media. Otherwise, I wouldn't have commented on it. Got your point though and it is a good one.

This morning, I was looking at some of the new stories on this case. I went into one of the websites and got hit with a virus on my computer. I have Norton 360 and I spent all day online and on the phone with them trying to get it off my computer. I was finally successful, but I would be leary about visiting some of these websites that we are not familar with. MOO Sorry that I am OT.

I feel like I'm getting more and more behind on this story, so sorry if this has been asked: Are the police/FBI working off of tips from Jaycee about the goings on in the house/backyard/neighbors and any additional children/women on the property? And do the police/FBI have records of everywhere PG has been while wearing the ankle bracelet?

This morning, I was looking at some of the new stories on this case. I went into one of the websites and got hit with a virus on my computer. I have Norton 360 and I spent all day online and on the phone with them trying to get it off my computer. I was finally successful, but I would be leary about visiting some of these websites that we are not familar with. MOO Sorry that I am OT.

It's sad but true, anytime a name becomes popular for googling, some creates a link embeded with a virus. Usually I can spot them when I google because it's usually a really long weird name for the url address. Just becareful and I usually only stick to actual news sources, ie; newspapers and the major tv networks.

I think this whole thing is going to blow up to be more then our minds could have ever imagined, more like our worse nightmeres.
ITA. I think we are watching the beginning of the prosecution of the most evil criminals of our age. It will make the Manson story pale by comparison. It may impact the law and the way governments enforce the law. Social accountability of neighbors may become involved. The pendulum may swing too far, but in the end, when the issues and responses reach their appropriate balances, it will improve the law, enforcement, follow-up and provide greater protection for children and those defenseless members of our adult population. The response of the neighbors bothers me greatly. This is one of the most significant aspects of this case. We put into place the right to break professional confidentiality with the Tarasoff laws to protect people from future crimes. Then we made mandatory reporting among licensed professional providers. Now we need to do something regarding neighbors seeing children suffer and not reporting it. There has to be a way to do this or hold them accountable.

Sorry I don't have a link, will return to put it up, but Mr. Robinson, the next-door neighbor whose house is now a crime scene, stated to one of the news channels that when he moved in, and after Garrido had been the house's caretaker, the locks in the house were all switched--so that someone locked inside could not get out. Alot is being made in the news today about Jaycee working at the business and not trying to escape. But if she escaped she would have had to leave her children--presumably.

Bernie Madoff had no real trial. it was clear who did what. he admitted it.
SAME IN THIS CASE...It is clear who did what he admitted it. We do not need to put this family through anymore pain. We do not need to put the tax payers through a waist of money.
These 2 should go straight to hell which I hope their cell will be come, I am sure there will be murderers there who have not killed anyone recently and cant wait to get their hands on these two.

:clap: :clap:

You're very brave - that place skeers me.

I stopped reading when I saw a thread from a woman who was asking advice on how to force the warden to let her visit her boyfriend. The problem was that he was in jail for beating the crap out of her, and she had asked for and gotten a protective order to keep him from contacting her from jail, which the warden had on file. But she REALLY needed to see him because she missed him and the warden wouldn't budge.

The lack of self esteem among a lot of women scares me too! C'mon, have a little self respect.

If you don't have this on your computer you should. It's a free download from McAfee that tells you what sites are safe and which are not. When you google and a list of sites comes up it green lights them, yellow lights them, gray lights or red lights them.

Green = Safe
Yellow = Caution minor risk issues
Red = Warning, serious site issues
Gray = Not yet tested

Also, Avira is one of the best antivirus programs out there. It was recommended to me by a professional. You can get a one year free trial here.

I suggest anyone reading this who doesn't have these to download them. If you install Avira turn off any other Antivirus programs you may be running: McAfee, Norton etc..

<Snipped.> Alot is being made in the news today about Jaycee working at the business and not trying to escape. But if she escaped she would have had to leave her children--presumably.
Two words. "Stockholm syndrome." That says it all. The behavior of bonding was recognized in the bank employees in Stockholm who bonded with and were empathetic with their captors who took them hostage -- and that was only for a few hours! For JC, it was 18 years!

Even if it was not Stockholm syndrome, JC had solid reason not to leave until it was under the conditions favorable to not only her own escape, but that of her daughters. Remember, he was the father and since the girls lived on his property and he recognized them as his own, under the law, he had parental rights to custody! How much JC understood this is unknown. However, even little snippets of this information would have scared her beyond reason. Her own mother and bio father had some history and he was not part of her life. Therefore, it is not unlikely that she had some inkling of these issues even if incorrectly.

Sadistic perverts like this also commonly have a history of abusing animals. So, where is the cat that goes with the kitty litter and pet food bowls. Where are the pitbulls the neighbor saw in 2006? Where are the 2 four year old girls (boys?) the neighbor saw in 2006? What are those blood smears from? Who was screaming when the 8 - 10 men were there frequently having bonfires and beer? Crazy Phil scared the neighbors. Is it not a small step to know that he terrified JC and her daughters? Terror also constitutes invisible chains. One daughter even had to ask permission to go across the room. Another had rehearsed her lines even to the point of describing her mother as her sister. Robotic? Lesser forms of catatonic conditions? Stress induced catatonic states? Were the animals killed in front of the children to terrify them as was alleged in the McMartin Pre-school cases? Terror tactics are proven invisible chains and gags. At the first opportunity of having her daughters and herself in the presence of a uniformed law enforcement officer, JC did identify herself. That is the only thing that counts. From the day Nancy grabbed her until that moment, the kidnapping and the effects thereof were continuous. Only ignorant people will further pursue this idea that she was not captive during any part of that time frame.

Plus Themis - by his own website ramblings he had studied mind control techniques and I willing to bet brainwashing as well.

Two words. "Stockholm syndrome." That says it all. The behavior of bonding was recognized in the bank employees in Stockholm who bonded with and were empathetic with their captors who took them hostage -- and that was only for a few hours! For JC, it was 18 years!

Even if it was not Stockholm syndrome, JC had solid reason not to leave until it was under the conditions favorable to not only her own escape, but that of her daughters. Remember, he was the father and since the girls lived on his property and he recognized them as his own, under the law, he had parental rights to custody! How much JC understood this is unknown. However, even little snippets of this information would have scared her beyond reason. Her own mother and bio father had some history and he was not part of her life. Therefore, it is not unlikely that she had some inkling of these issues even if incorrectly.

Sadistic perverts like this also commonly have a history of abusing animals. So, where is the cat that goes with the kitty litter and pet food bowls. Where are the pitbulls the neighbor saw in 2006? Where are the 2 four year old girls (boys?) the neighbor saw in 2006? What are those blood smears from? Who was screaming when the 8 - 10 men were there frequently having bonfires and beer? Crazy Phil scared the neighbors. Is it not a small step to know that he terrified JC and her daughters? Terror also constitutes invisible chains. One daughter even had to ask permission to go across the room. Another had rehearsed her lines even to the point of describing her mother as her sister. Robotic? Lesser forms of catatonic conditions? Stress induced catatonic states? Were the animals killed in front of the children to terrify them as was alleged in the McMartin Pre-school cases? Terror tactics are proven invisible chains and gags. At the first opportunity of having her daughters and herself in the presence of a uniformed law enforcement officer, JC did identify herself. That is the only thing that counts. From the day Nancy grabbed her until that moment, the kidnapping and the effects thereof were continuous. Only ignorant people will further pursue this idea that she was not captive during any part of that time frame.

Anyone who tries to lay blame at the feet of this innocent is clueless about mind control, manipulation, trauma and the tactics of a sadistic terrorist. I am not. After 10 years of freedom from my abuser and at the age of 24, a Mother, the head of a successful company and the choir director at church...if I saw a vehicle resembling my Father's from my childhood I would cower in the floor of my car screaming for hours until my husband was able to convince me I was safe. He assured me if I told he would kill me. I believed him. It is not essential to describe the ways he did so, rest assured that this young woman was convinced for herself and her children that it was not safe. I no longer live in fear or have debilitating nighmares, the post traumatic stress has abated, I pray that day comes for these innocents soon. PLEASE never blame the victims.

No, we have it, it was just halted for the lethal injection procedures until they can figure out how to make it "humane". An inmate named Morales who about 3 years ago was about to die in the chamber sued to get it halted. We have had several executions since Charles Manson was sentenced...

Yeah well, I am not so worried about humane right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana