CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who tries to lay blame at the feet of this innocent is clueless about mind control, manipulation, trauma and the tactics of a sadistic terrorist. I am not. After 10 years of freedom from my abuser and at the age of 24, a Mother, the head of a successful company and the choir director at church...if I saw a vehicle resembling my Father's from my childhood I would cower in the floor of my car screaming for hours until my husband was able to convince me I was safe. He assured me if I told he would kill me. I believed him. It is not essential to describe the ways he did so, rest assured that this young woman was convinced for herself and her children that it was not safe. I no longer live in fear or have debilitating nighmares, the post traumatic stress has abated, I pray that day comes for these innocents soon. PLEASE never blame the victims.
:grouphug: I'm incredibly sorry this happened to you. Interesting, it took one of my family members about 10 years to abate the symptoms of severe PTSD too. I hope someday you can go for a long time without even remembering it and then perhaps to forget completely. The memories of bad things linger far too long and the memories of good things seem all too fleeting. Good thoughts! Keep the good thoughts. :grouphug:

:grouphug: I'm incredibly sorry this happened to you. Interesting, it took one of my family members about 10 years to abate the symptoms of severe PTSD too. I hope someday you can go for a long time without even remembering it and then perhaps to forget completely. The memories of bad things linger far too long and the memories of good things seem all too fleeting. Good thoughts! Keep the good thoughts. :grouphug:

:blowkiss: Thanks Themis. The memories that I have, now are used to help other kids going through their own crisis. I am happy, loved and fulfilled. That is the best outcome of all. I get a little hot when folks blame victims and the story pops back out. Forgetting completely is not an option....I would not be able to use this for good then. I do however, take the time to make new memories daily and I cherish them. Life is good, real good. I pray that one day Jaycee is able to say that. Support and acceptance will help her get there without being revictimized by society.

I just heard on Fox News that Oprah Winfrey and others are putting out feelers for first interviews.

I have some words for Miss Winfrey, take your big butt and butt out!

These victims should never be exploited. This crime is so horrific,
that it will take years for the girls to heal not a week or two then on to the show circuit. The Media are the most insaitable monsters at times like this.
Winfrey should know better, and I am sure Dr. Phil is not far behind her.
Vultures!

I just heard on Fox News that Oprah Winfrey and others are putting out feelers for first interviews.

that it will take years for the girls to heal not a week or two then on to the show circuit. The Media are the most insaitable monsters at times like this.
Vultures!

I took a nonviolence vow but man..I am revising my opinion for Okra.:slap: <-------not a typo. :floorlaugh:

Vultures!

Amen -- this family needs to heal and they owe no one anything. Oprah should make an offer of financial support because she can afford to, and it is the decent thing to do.

Mind control is a frightening phenomenon as Stiletos points out. I am so sorry that you have suffered so greatly. I wanted to add, without going into too much detail, that I am the adoptive mother of a large number of children who were systematically raped and traumatized over a two year period by the teen-aged son of a "pillar of our community".

Granted, my children have some developmental delays and were extraordinarily vulnerable but the evidence that came out at trial was stunning. The rapist/monster brutally raped and mutilated our precious kitties and dogs in front of the children, threatened to kill and/or rape me and their older sisters, showed them a shotgun, and told them that he would kill them in their sleep if they ever told.

The amazing thing is that the children merrily went to play with this perverted monster day after day and invited him to our yard. They even asked about his safety after he'd been arrested. In their young minds (ages 7-12), he was their friend and they were not happy about him getting into trouble. The abuse hurt them physically but they were more concerned with him getting caught!! It boggles my mind to this day.

Most of our children have suffered through years of PTSD, suicide attempts, risky behavior, and depression...even with wonderful support from victim's services. The police, the children's advocacy center, the therapists, the DA's, and the AG's office have been unbelievably supportive. The teen got ten years and was released twelve weeks ago. Are we healed? Not even close. Have we moved on? Yes. We have each other and we are building new memories and cherish our time together.

It's taken me years to admit that my husband and I, too, were victims, just as were my older children who were not raped. I imagine this is a road that Jaycee's mom, dad, and sister will have to travel. It's a bit like PTSD by proxy.

The road is long and hard but imagine the alternative. She's alive. The young girls are in a place of safety and the hard work of healing and moving forward can begin. We can't take away the trauma but we can choose to move on. I'll pray that Jaycee makes that choice.

Mind control is a frightening phenomenon as Stiletos points out. I am so sorry that you have suffered so greatly. I wanted to add, without going into too much detail, that I am the adoptive mother of a large number of children who were systematically raped and traumatized over a two year period by the teen-aged son of a "pillar of our community".

Granted, my children have some developmental delays and were extraordinarily vulnerable but the evidence that came out at trial was stunning. The rapist/monster brutally raped and mutilated our precious kitties and dogs in front of the children, threatened to kill and/or rape me and their older sisters, showed them a shotgun, and told them that he would kill them in their sleep if they ever told.

The amazing thing is that the children merrily went to play with this perverted monster day after day and invited him to our yard. They even asked about his safety after he'd been arrested. In their young minds (ages 7-12), he was their friend and they were not happy about him getting into trouble. The abuse hurt them physically but they were more concerned with him getting caught!! It boggles my mind to this day.

Most of our children have suffered through years of PTSD, suicide attempts, risky behavior, and depression...even with wonderful support from victim's services. The police, the children's advocacy center, the therapists, the DA's, and the AG's office have been unbelievably supportive. The teen got ten years and was released twelve weeks ago. Are we healed? Not even close. Have we moved on? Yes. We have each other and we are building new memories and cherish our time together.

It's taken me years to admit that my husband and I, too, were victims, just as were my older children who were not raped. I imagine this is a road that Jaycee's mom, dad, and sister will have to travel. It's a bit like PTSD by proxy.

The road is long and hard but imagine the alternative. She's alive. The young girls are in a place of safety and the hard work of healing and moving forward can begin. We can't take away the trauma but we can choose to move on. I'll pray that Jaycee makes that choice.
"PTSD by proxy." Yes. I get it. :grouphug:

Sanctuary cities do not have to have a formally declared policy. It can be a sanctuary city by the unwritten understanding and behavior of the agencies.

Themis, please help me understand. What is the definition of sanctuary city as it relates here?

Thank you.

Missizzi - I humbly thank you for sharing your story. I think you are minimizing your trauma by saying PTSD - by proxy. The trauma you suffered was all too real...hard to imagine a Mother's heart destroyed by what you went through. I salute you as the hero you are, your children are highly blessed to have you.

Thank you, Stilettos. Those are precious and kind words. I have a strong suspicion that there is an underlying reason many (if not most) of us are on this site...we have somehow been touched by the horror and pain of crime.

Exceptional posts Themis. For the others that survived abuse, thank you for sharing your stories. God Bless.

:grouphug: To everyone who shared their stories, thank you. :grouphug:

I truly feel that this case should involve a statement from the president.President Obama should be so on this--this involves people,and in my mind beats the bail out of the big auto makers and banks that were mismanaged.How is he going to address this very obviously broken system???Don't get me wrong I am not anti Obama,I am with him most of the way,but this is a huge,a huge problem,for our country,and the children of this country.The president needs to address this and NOW!!! Lets get the Army engineers at the sight.I personally am going to try to E-mail the president.How oh how did this happen in this country,for the last 18 yrs.

How did this happen the last 18 years?

I worked in the Contra Costa County S.O. for many years. I was always stunned when the end of the budget year started coming around, because suddenly administrators were looking around for ways to spend surplus funds before the fiscal year closed. Suddenly people were getting new computers, cubicle walls would be replaced when it wasn't necessary, supervisors were sitting on fancy expensive new desk chairs when the old ones were ergnomically fine ~ basically money was wasted because if a department did not spend their entire allocation the previous year, they would lose out on it the next year.

Instead of encouraging departments to save on unnecessary items to roll over surplus funds and appropriate it to more pressing needs ~ like improving delivery of law enforcement services ~ they were encouraged to waste it.

Then department heads inevitably cried the budget blues when it came time to ask for more funding. "Law enforcement doesn't have enough funding, we need to hire and train more deputies, we have to cut services." It was an endless cycle. Also happened at other County departments. You'd see Mental Health Funding cut, Social Service programs eliminated, on and on. Spend, then beg for more, and inevitably blame the lack of funding.

I truly feel that this case should involve a statement from the president.President Obama should be so on this--this involves people,and in my mind beats the bail out of the big auto makers and banks that were mismanaged.How is he going to address this very obviously broken system???Don't get me wrong I am not anti Obama,I am with him most of the way,but this is a huge,a huge problem,for our country,and the children of this country.The president needs to address this and NOW!!! Lets get the Army engineers at the sight.I personally am going to try to E-mail the president.How oh how did this happen in this country,for the last 18 yrs.
Ah, sorry my friend. The president cannot use federal military troops or resources to aid local law enforcement. It's called the Posse Comitatus Act. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act[/ame]

Vultures!

I understand you point - truly I do but if Jaycee decides she wants to go on Oprah and talk about her experience then that is her decision and doesn't reflect badly on Oprah.

However, if Oprah and her producer's are hounding Jaycee about doing an interview that is a different story and they should leave her alone. It has only been a few days. I can't imagine she is anywhere close to wanting to sit down on national TV and talk about what she has endured. I am sure she is still in complete shock and adjusting to life outside of captivity and obviously she needs to be with her family right now and get started with intensive therapy and start down the long path of trying to pick up the pieces of her life and figure out who Jaycee Duggard is without Philip Garrido.

Ah, sorry my friend. The president cannot use federal military troops or resources to aid local law enforcement. It's called the Posse Comitatus Act. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Then the act needs to be changed-period end of story,If Jaycee had been a prisoner of war,subject to the same mind F---,for 18 yrs,and the torture that she endured she would have been rescued,if possible by our troups,and then would be a decorated war hero.Maybe this is the law now.but let's change it,it obviously is not working,for the children or victums in this country. The FBI is involved,let's get others involved as well!!!@

I am getting lost in this thread as it is moving so quickly. I just have one question: Are these reports of orgies and Jaycee being pimped out coming from any credible sources or is this just all speculation and tabloid sensationlism?

I am getting lost in this thread as it is moving so quickly. I just have one question: Are these reports of orgies and Jaycee being pimped out coming from any credible sources or is this just all speculation and tabloid sensationlism?

Good reason to break the topics out. We have a whole forum but everyone mainly posts on one thread and all the info gets mixed together.

Good reason to break the topics out. We have a whole forum but everyone mainly posts on one thread and all the info gets mixed together.

This case is still so tragic for a lot of us that I hope we will still be able to
have this discussion thread--at least for a little while longer.

I know that there are lots of threads already set up for some of the topics, and I have been utilizing them, but there is also a lot of general information type stuff that is coming out.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the discussion thread will stay at least for a while longer.

I think some of the things that have been said have been a combination of tabloid sensationlism and perhaps someone's 15 minutes of fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member