CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Jaycee and the girls were allowed to interact with the outside world through his business. It's possible that they were permitted to go other places too, perhaps more frequently than we think. Let's hope.

Evidently he referred to the three of them as 'sisters', and one of the girls talked about her older 'sister' (Jaycee) to outsiders as well. It makes me wonder if the two girls really believed Jaycee was their sister. Perhaps Jaycee went along with this lie to protect her children. But did they think Nancy Garrido was their mother?

I am curious about why Garrido went to the parole officer with his wife, Jaycee and the two girls. Maybe he realized he couldn't hide anymore and decided to come clean? He was seen with the two girls, and (presumably) this was noted to his parole officer. Either way, once it was on the record that he was in the company of unidentified children, acting suspiciously, the game was over. He's crazy, but he had to know he couldn't continue to keep this a secret. And it doesn't seem that the Garridos or Jaycee were trying very hard to keep the truth under wraps...I suppose the three of them might have come up with a story, but it obviously broke down pretty quickly during interviews.

Steven Stayner went through a living hell for years and when he came home it was very difficult according to news reports but I am sure that his parents where elated to atleast share some moment with him before his fatal accident. He married and had a child and I am sure those memories will last a life time for his parents.

I just read about this story today, it's so sad. Steven eventually was killed in an accident, and his brother Cary was convicted of murdering four women. Talk about a family curse.

I am so curious about why Garrido went to the parole officer with his wife, Jaycee and the two girls. Maybe he realized he couldn't hide anymore and decided to come clean? He was seen with two strange girls, and there no way he'd get away without further investigation. It doesn't seem that any of the people involved were trying very hard to keep the truth under wraps.
I think he was called in by his parole officer the day after he went on campus at U.C. Berkeley and they alerted the parole officer I think...

Anyone who came across the couple's backyard, littered with garbage cans and a dishwasher, would assume that it ended at a six-foot fence.
"You could walk through the backyard and never know there was another set of living circumstances," said Fred Kollar, undersheriff of El Dorado County. "There was nothing that would cause you to question it. You can't see it from either adjoining property. It was presumably well arranged."

But tucked away beyond the tangle of bushes, high grass and trees was a blue tarp that concealed the only world Dugard had known since her abduction.
In it were sheds and tarps, a makeshift bathroom and shower, along with electricity supplied by an extension cord. Kollar compared the primitive conditions to camping.
Dugard lived for several years there by herself. The sheds were locked from the outside.
She grew up and had her captor's children there, and raised them there.
more at link: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/27/california.kidnap.shed/

Not just one thread, feel free to branch out into topics. I just created one on the backyard...

Hey Guys. I looked up the google maps as well, and GEEZ, yeah, that would raise some eyebrows in my neighborhood! I figured that some of you here would already be on that and of course you were.

So, the thing about the poor thing, 29 years old, saying "momma, will you come and get me?" That just BREAKS my heart. And poor her, and her kids, and her mom and sister!!! Do they automatically somehow get access to some kind of fund? Because they will all need counseling big time, and TIME, and MONEY, and resources of all kinds in order to make a life for these children and overcome what has happened to them over the last 18 years. Have any of the TV things talked about that? If I were that mom, I would want to quit my job and bring these kids home and spend every minute with them showering them with love and slowly introducing them to the rest of the world...

1977 he kidnapped and raped a 26 yrold i believe in 1976. was given 50 years but was paroled not sure what year. Went back in for parole violation april 1993 and released august 1993.

Thank you, but I still don't get the Leavenworth connection. IIRC, his "sentence" such as it was, was served out in Nevada. How did he wind up in Kansas? I am thinking about how many missing girls there are between CA and KS.....

So, I gather the 26-year-old proved to be too old for his pervert inclinations, so he aimed for a child he could control. Where the H**l did he find the wife? God, I just want to vomit the more I hear.

You are correct, we do need to find out the facts, but she had to have wondered where they got this girl???

She is no innocent. We do have the facts. The wife is the spitting image of the sketch of the woman who physically grabbed her and forced her into the car at the bus stop.

"Wait until you hear the story of what took place at this house," he said. "You are going to be completely impressed. It's a disgusting thing that took place with me at the beginning. But I turned my life completely around and to be able to understand that, you have to start there."

http://www.kcra.com/news/20591281/detail.html

This pervert sounds like Joseph Duncan. The whole -- but wait, it isn't how is looks and insisting everyone else has it wrong. He is God's special spokesman. Sick, sick, sick. The world is a twisted place. Why was this man even out of jail?

Hey Guys. I looked up the google maps as well, and GEEZ, yeah, that would raise some eyebrows in my neighborhood! I figured that some of you here would already be on that and of course you were.

So, the thing about the poor thing, 29 years old, saying "momma, will you come and get me?" That just BREAKS my heart. And poor her, and her kids, and her mom and sister!!! Do they automatically somehow get access to some kind of fund? Because they will all need counseling big time, and TIME, and MONEY, and resources of all kinds in order to make a life for these children and overcome what has happened to them over the last 18 years. Have any of the TV things talked about that? If I were that mom, I would want to quit my job and bring these kids home and spend every minute with them showering them with love and slowly introducing them to the rest of the world...

Ya know, reading about this case all day, we've been exposed to the darkest side of evil. But.....most people are not evil and I truly believe good, caring people, who are willing and able to help this family will come forward in large numbers. If I had any clue as to how to help, I would step up in a heartbeat!

http://www.kcra.com/news/20591281/detail.html

This pervert sounds like Joseph Duncan. The whole -- but wait, it isn't how is looks and insisting everyone else has it wrong. He is God's special spokesman. Sick, sick, sick. The world is a twisted place. Why was this man even out of jail?

He wants everyone to think he's insane, but he went to great lengths to hide Jaycee and her children from the world. He knew what he was doing was wrong. In his phone interview, he says he wants to tell the reporter certain things, but he can't without an attorney. And he refers to Jaycee as "the victim." He's not crazy. He knows exactly what he's done and what he's doing now. F-ing freak.

100 years ago, this sicko would have been travelling in a wagon selling snake oil. He is a manipulative, self-serving, sly-as-a-fox, evil man!! That interview was fascinating. He has absolutely NO remorse for anyone, and no real concern for anyone on this planet but his own sorry azz. Here he is, caught to the point that he knows he can't deny it, so he is busy trying to spin it. I think Jaycee needs to hook up with Shawn Hornbeck and his family. They can probably offer some good advice about how to survive this. I was obsessed with Elizabeth Smart's story, and was elated when she was found, but 9 months of captivity does not equal 18 YEARS in a tent, raped, pregnant, terrified, and essentially left alone. There is something about this sick story that reminds me of the movie Slingblade. Jaycee, you and your beautiful daughters are in my prayers. If she were my daughter, I would welcome her and her daughters with open arms. All children are gifts from God - the REAL God - and not the one that spoke from a box to this jerk. Good grief!

She is no innocent. We do have the facts. The wife is the spitting image of the sketch of the woman who physically grabbed her and forced her into the car at the bus stop.

This post is referring about his mother that he was reportedly caring for, not his wife.

Yeah, he's definitely drinking his own Kool-Aid. Heartwarming in most people's universe doesn't include a 14 yr. old rape victim giving birth in captivity. Turn-around would also presume a "person" letting his victim return to her family and turning himself in ten years ago, if this supposedly took place shortly after the second one was born.

And if he apologized to that reporter one more time in his "I'm SUCH a nice guy" voice l was going to punch my monitor.

He wants everyone to think he's insane, but he went to great lengths to hide Jaycee and her children from the world. He knew what he was doing was wrong. In his phone interview, he says he wants to tell the reporter certain things, but he can't without an attorney. And he refers to Jaycee as "the victim." He's not crazy. He knows exactly what he's done and what he's doing now. F-ing freak.

I think all states have a victim's assistance fund. This is a site for California's program.

http://www.lawyerforcrimevictim.com/compensation.php

I agree, if this was my daughter, I would want to dedicate myself to loving and caring for my child and those precious grandchildren, but coping with the facts will be difficult for them all. This man doesn't sound like he will surrender his parental rights to the girls. Not sure how that works but it is deeply disturbing.

Absolutely agree. This "religious" awakening is exactly what Duncan is pulling in latest trial. Both -- f-king freaks.

what hard work this family has to do for these children ,who knows what they have been through

Thoughts going thru my head...

Obviously a religious fanatic from the looks of his website.

Jaycee maybe not raped the whole 18 years, most predators have a preferred age. (not always of course)

Still questioning.. only 2 kids?

Did she give birth outside? Was she drugged by Garido? No one heard screaming so have to assume she was, or terrorized into keeping silent. Maybe she gave birth inside?

Probable that her children were abused as well. Wonder if the 15 yr old ever got pregnant? She is older than her mother was when she gave birth.

If Jaycee was out and about the town I'm sure the whole religious brainwashing thing is how she got there.

:behindbarCant stop thinking about this. Brain won't shut down. Time to try to read a book. Fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee02!