CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped. I don't know about the daughters. It seems they have basically been raised in captivity. No education or social encounters, and who knows what they've experienced at the hands of this freak?

Oh Lord, please help them be okay!!!
He told the media he slept with the two little girls every night since they were newborns! Oh God! That hurt just to type it.

I can't believe the Contra Costa sheriffs came out to investigate the neighbor's complaint that he had little girls and young women living in that large backyard, KNOWING (or they should have) that he was a registered sex offender convicted of RAPE, and did NOTHING!!

This is totally unacceptable to me.

I also want to know who those two "four year olds" were. This case is just unbelievable. How many children did this man have contact with through the past two decades or more?

By the way, just a short walk to the west of his property is a large youth baseball complex. Many baseball fields. How many girls' softball teams use those fields??

it seems like time after time with these kinds of complaints by citizens, people try to help and get blown off by police. like their concerns are so "out there" that they perform a cursory inquiry at best and then it's oh yeah, all is good. i know now how important it is to let the police do their job, but to be up their azz about it...

I'm so very, very glad they found Jaycee.

But I really don't know if I can read anymore about what happened to her..at least today.

I'm completely overwhelmed by the horror of it all. :(

She will never 'recover'...my prayers are she takes the survivor attitude and uses this to help herself while helping others. This is something you can never fully recover from, IMO, FWIW. But you can use it, if you take the right road.

Christine - that's a great approach. I'd not heard of "survivor attitude". But perhaps it's not out of the realm of possible outcomes for Jaycee.

It will be interesting to see if an abducted 11 year old can mature enough through 19 years of duress, and under such circumstances and still move into such a strong survivor attitude. Then again, look what she's already survived! This is no doubt a strong soul. Given Jaycee has raised two girls - under such hardship - and during her teens - I'm thinking that it's quite possible she already possesses what it takes to have such an amazing "survivor attitude". We can sure hope this happens for her!

Thanks for a glimmer of hope, from our lighting-the-way gal. Nice post.

Oh! Look Animal! I can type without cussing again!

:blowkiss:

I heard about this breakthrough early today. It was a busy day so I didn't have time to catch up / follow it until after 9 PM est tonight. Since then, I have read every post, watched every video, and clicked every link my family of sleuthers have provided.

Like most of you, I'm having much difficulty internalizing the enormity of it all.

I will pray for Jacyee, her children and family.

In my thoughts, I have one that keeps screaming at me. JUSTICE!!!

Our justice system is deeply rooted in "innocent until proven guilty". While that premise should be held with the utmost of integrity, with the technology of the 21st century, that innocence or guilt can oft times be determined in a matter of hours or days. Yet the wheels of justice continue to turn ever so slowly.

THIS MAN IS GUILTY!!! There is no dispute of that. He confessed, he brought Jacyee and her children with him to a police station. THAT'S IT - THE END. HE DID IT!! There is not one single person who would refute that fact (including the himself).

So why will it now take so long to convict this man and determine his "sentence"? Why should ANY money be spent feeding, housing, and clothing him?

I'm with you - and NO you are not wrong. Take him (and his accomplice) out. NOW! Don't waste anymore of my tax dollars on either on of them. They don't belong in a cell, being fed and clothed for ONE MORE MINUTE!!

THEY ARE GUILTY. The crimes they committed are so horrendous and horrific that their lives should end. NOW! Not next month, next year, not after the trial. NOW! Irrefutable evidence exists BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT - GUILTY. Our justice system desperately needs an upgrade so as to catch up with our technology.

It would only take so many public hangings before the criminals realize what could be in store for them. I'm dreading the coming months - having to hear about these subhumans and their defense. In this economy we need to save every dollar we can. Why waste the first nickel on either of these two? I'll even offer the rope.

I know there are so many awful things to focus on about this case. Horrible things happened to the poor Jaycee and her children. But for this one night, I think I will let myself soar with her mother, who is so happy and grateful to have her daughter back alive; and with beautiful grandchildren as well. What a miracle and I just pray that they will have the ongoing support given to them that they will need. THIS is a miracle!!!! In spite of all the evil involved, I feel very happy with this outcome!

Hey Guys. I looked up the google maps as well, and GEEZ, yeah, that would raise some eyebrows in my neighborhood! I figured that some of you here would already be on that and of course you were.

So, the thing about the poor thing, 29 years old, saying "momma, will you come and get me?" That just BREAKS my heart. And poor her, and her kids, and her mom and sister!!! Do they automatically somehow get access to some kind of fund? Because they will all need counseling big time, and TIME, and MONEY, and resources of all kinds in order to make a life for these children and overcome what has happened to them over the last 18 years. Have any of the TV things talked about that? If I were that mom, I would want to quit my job and bring these kids home and spend every minute with them showering them with love and slowly introducing them to the rest of the world...

In California, whenever anyone commits a crime, part of the fine they have to pay when convicted is to a victim's fund. I would imagine this fund can be drawn upon for situations like this. This family is going to need all the help they can get and that help costs money. I would hope too that the community where Jaycee's mother, Terry, lives would have a fund raiser for the family.

According to this witness there were two small children living there two years ago.

<snip> “Erika Pratt, 25, who lived next door two years ago, said she was continuously “freaked out” by Garrido’s behavior, and that when she popped her head over the fence she saw his secret compound. She saw tents, sheds and pit bull dogs, and water hoses leading from her house next door to the compound.

“He told us to come on over and hear him talk about God, but he was really weird,” Pratt said. “He had little girls and women living in that back yard, and they all looked kind of the same. They never talked, and they kept to themselves.”

Pratt said people came and went from the property, but the core group consisted of two girls about 4 years old, one girl about 11, another girl about 15 and a young woman about 25. They were all blonde, she said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0PRPTcnNK

This is very concerning! Jaycee had the oldest (now 15) when she was about 14 years old, and the second child (now 11) when she was about 18 years old. Jaycee is 29 years old, and one would think that a normal woman her age, not using birth control, would have more children in the space of 11 years. This makes me wonder if the two young girls Pratt thought were about 4 years old were also Jaycee's children and what happened to them? :eek:

I have a bad feeling this case is going to be even more horrific than it already is.

What if there were one or more additional children who were boys??? Pure speculation here, really more like a terrible feeling, but I feel the authorities should strongly consider digging up that backyard.

I think so too! I have a nagging feeling that this case is going to be even more horrific than it already is. :eek:

I'm so thankful to hear that Jaycee Dugard is now free from the 18 years of suffering, and hope she (and her 2 children) can go on to live some semblance of a normal life. Oh, what a road it will be!

I couldn't believe the aerial shot of his property and backyard. Absolutely horrid. I thought it was an interesting fact that was pointed out (and I tried it) about him following the Google people while they were doing Google Maps/Street View.

Someone asked if if the Garrido's ever had any kids of their own. Was anyone ever able to find an answer? Maybe it's also a possibility that his wife could not bare children of her own, and some sort of double-sided purpose was gained with Jaycee "providing" 2 in his and her twisted collective.

With her and the kids living in the yard, secluded and sheltered away from everything, it reminded me of the M. Night Shymalan movie 'The Village' (if you've seen it maybe you agree a little)

(Newbie here, by the way! )

Sadly this is going to be very hard for Jaycee and her children, because these people have been her life and she has a bond with them. When it comes to testifying against them it is going to be very difficult for her. I pray that the man who did this really did have a life changing experience when his daughter was born and he didn't touch these girls since.

Wow...just Wow...so unbelievable that Jaycee is ALIVE!

I hope to God the press does not drag her thru the mud like they did Shawn Devlin, and even Steven Staynor. I think both boys were treated unforgiveably with the constant "Why didn't you just leave" "They must have liked it"...even Oprah hounded poor Shawn into revealing he had been raped when his parents had just got done telling her that they would NOT talk about it. I haven't had any respect for Oprah since that time.

From reports Jaycee feels "guilty" that she bonded with these people. Of course she bonded..Stockholm Syndrome probably only takes a short amount of time with kidnapped children. I hope jaycee is just left alone to work thru this..and I hope the media treats her well!

On a side note, it is eerie the resemblance between the real kidnapper and Michelle michaud (who also looks exactly like composite) and was a suspect in jaycee's case.

God Bless Jaycee and her family...wow

:wave: Welcome To WS's Patootie!

002.gif

:angel:​

Wow...just Wow...so unbelievable that Jaycee is ALIVE!

I hope to God the press does not drag her thru the mud like they did Shawn Devlin, and even Steven Staynor.

It is actually Shawn Hornbeck. Devlin was his captor's last name and a name he was forced to use in his "deal with the Devil" so that Devlin would not kill him.

Sadly this is going to be very hard for Jaycee and her children, because these people have been her life and she has a bond with them. When it comes to testifying against them it is going to be very difficult for her. I pray that the man who did this really did have a life changing experience when his daughter was born and he didn't touch these girls since.

That is a nice story that he tells, but she had another child by him 4 years later.

Been on a self -imposed W/S break but this bittersweet case has brought me back.
Let me ramble some things that have been in my head..........

Horrid thought I cant get out of my mind...They were reporting "multiple" pregnancies/births at first yes?
So far we only know about 2 living children..........Could it be this monster only "kept"the FEMALE children?? :( (God! Typing that makes me nauseous!!!)
I believe he wanted a "harem"of young girls who would eventually produce offspring for him to abuse (Im sure he will say ,like Koresh,God told him to do this!).

I REALLY hope his Co-Monster doesnt pull the "abuse excuse" as her defense ESPECIALLY seeing as he was back in jail AFTER abducting Jaycee leaving his Missus ALONE with Jaycee.

Agreed this family needs help which means they need money............are they any fundraisers or a donation account set up?
It may sound crass but maybe they can sell the rights to Jaycees story to say an entity like Dateline?Like the Smarts did?

And finally..............I have believed for a long time that very many (more than the "Experts" think) missing children are alive & being kept captive or are brainwashed so they cannot leave........they either physically cannot or mentally/emotionally cannot(they literally dont know how).In an odd way this gives me hope & proves to never give up but,like I said,its bittersweet isnt it? Jaycee is alive but shes nearly 30 with years of unimaginable abuse behind her & two children in tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina