CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be very interested to see if the cases of Michaela Garecht (missing since 1988), Nikki Campbell (missing since 1991), and numerous other girls in the Northern Cali area are all looked at as possible victims, as well. Jaycee and these other girls all had a similar appearance. I don't believe he just abducted Jaycee. Maybe he kept the ones who gave him the least amount of problems.

I can only hope they leave this loser in the general population at San Quentin wearing a diaper.

The reality now that is presented to us is how do we approach locating those missing who are being held captive in some remote place. I truly believe some type of public task force needs to formed to help local LE. Doing the kinds of things we do here. Researching. The police depts just don't have the manpower or funds to support themselves.
The circumstances surrounding these three young victims has sent me into a tailspin.

And finally..............I have believed for a long time that very many (more than the "Experts" think) missing children are alive & being kept captive or are brainwashed so they cannot leave........they either physically cannot or mentally/emotionally cannot(they literally dont know how).In an odd way this gives me hope & proves to never give up but,like I said,its bittersweet isnt it? Jaycee is alive but shes nearly 30 with years of unimaginable abuse behind her & two children in tow.
This is something I firmly believe.....while they may be in the minority of kidnapping/disappearence outcomes, I believe there are more out there in this type of situation then we may realize.

The reality now that is presented to us is how do we approach locating those missing who are being held captive in some remote place. I truly believe some type of public task force needs to formed to help local LE. Doing the kinds of things we do here. Researching. The police depts just don't have the manpower or funds to support themselves.
The circumstances surrounding these three young victims has sent me into a tailspin.
Volunteers even....extensively trained and cannot make arrests or do police duties but just doing a lot of the legwork...research, maps, etc.

I will be very interested to see if the cases of Michaela Garecht (missing since 1988), Nikki Campbell (missing since 1991), and numerous other girls in the Northern Cali area are all looked at as possible victims, as well. Jaycee and these other girls all had a similar appearance. I don't believe he just abducted Jaycee. Maybe he kept the ones who gave him the least amount of problems.

I can only hope they leave this loser in the general population at San Quentin wearing a diaper.

The one thing is that Michaela Garecht's kidnapper's sketch does not resemble the perp in this case at all. Obviously he'd have to be officially ruled out etc....but the others...I sure wonder too.

I didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Colleen Stan? She has written a book about a similar experience and I've seeh her interviewed on TV. I hope she will be able to speak with Jaycee...I think she would be very close to this horror and would understand Jaycee more than anyone.

On May 19, 1977, Cameron Hooker kidnapped 20 year old Colleen Stan as she was hitchhiking to a friend's birthday party. Colleen accepted the ride and felt safe since Hooker's wife, Janice, and their baby were in the car. Once alone in an isolated area, Hooker pulled off the highway and put a knife to Colleen's throat. Earlier, Cameron and Janice had reached an agreement that Janice could have a baby if Cameron could have a sex slave. She had her baby and now he had his sex slave. Colleen had been kidnapped for torture and humiliation while Janice reserved Cameron's love and kindness for herself. There was to be no sex with Colleen according to the agreement, but this was later to change.<snipped>

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan[/ame]

In California, whenever anyone commits a crime, part of the fine they have to pay when convicted is to a victim's fund. I would imagine this fund can be drawn upon for situations like this. This family is going to need all the help they can get and that help costs money. I would hope too that the community where Jaycee's mother, Terry, lives would have a fund raiser for the family.

I live 3,000 miles away and I would contribute what I could.

I'm so thankful to hear that Jaycee Dugard is now free from the 18 years of suffering, and hope she (and her 2 children) can go on to live some semblance of a normal life. Oh, what a road it will be!

I couldn't believe the aerial shot of his property and backyard. Absolutely horrid. I thought it was an interesting fact that was pointed out (and I tried it) about him following the Google people while they were doing Google Maps/Street View.

Someone asked if if the Garrido's ever had any kids of their own. Was anyone ever able to find an answer? Maybe it's also a possibility that his wife could not bare children of her own, and some sort of double-sided purpose was gained with Jaycee "providing" 2 in his and her twisted collective.

With her and the kids living in the yard, secluded and sheltered away from everything, it reminded me of the M. Night Shymalan movie 'The Village' (if you've seen it maybe you agree a little)

(Newbie here, by the way! )

:Welcome-12-june:

This woman has no education past the sixth grade, her children have never been educated and when her parents pass she's gonna be a wreck. I really, really hope she finds the best people to help her cope for the rest of her life.

Thoughts going thru my head...

Obviously a religious fanatic from the looks of his website.

Jaycee maybe not raped the whole 18 years, most predators have a preferred age. (not always of course)

Still questioning.. only 2 kids?

Did she give birth outside? Was she drugged by Garido? No one heard screaming so have to assume she was, or terrorized into keeping silent. Maybe she gave birth inside?

Probable that her children were abused as well. Wonder if the 15 yr old ever got pregnant? She is older than her mother was when she gave birth.

If Jaycee was out and about the town I'm sure the whole religious brainwashing thing is how she got there.

:behindbarCant stop thinking about this. Brain won't shut down. Time to try to read a book. Fiction.

BBM
LE reports that at least one of the buildings was completely sound proofed and could only be locked from the outside.

According to this witness there were two small children living there two years ago.

<snip> “Erika Pratt, 25, who lived next door two years ago, said she was continuously “freaked out” by Garrido’s behavior, and that when she popped her head over the fence she saw his secret compound. She saw tents, sheds and pit bull dogs, and water hoses leading from her house next door to the compound.

“He told us to come on over and hear him talk about God, but he was really weird,” Pratt said. “He had little girls and women living in that back yard, and they all looked kind of the same. They never talked, and they kept to themselves.”

Pratt said people came and went from the property, but the core group consisted of two girls about 4 years old, one girl about 11, another girl about 15 and a young woman about 25. They were all blonde, she said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0PRPTcnNK

Um...where are the 4 year old girls???

She has survived worse than what is ahead of her.

I am confident that her family will do whatever it takes to help her put together the pieces of her life into the best possible semblance of order she can.

What else can we do but send positive hopeful energy to this young woman who is a survivor.

I totally agree with you Beyond Belief...I really think there are more missing children/adults out there that are alive than we think. We've heard about these enslavement types of cases for years and years, but only because those enslaved have gotten way or gotten a lucky break like Shawn Hornbeck. Jaycee didn't go to the police station herself to ask for help and would probably still be where she was if for not for another lucky break. How many of these children/adults are out there brainwashed, scared, shamed, resigned to their situation, not trying to escape, etc. and not getting that lucky break? Scary, scary thought.

I wish that everyone, everywhere would be a little less oblivious to the things going on around them and get out of the mindset of "it can't happen to me", "these kind of things happen to other people" and "this guy a just a little nutty". There are freaky freak freaks out there and freaky freak things going on everywhere. I wish everyone in the world could have a little bit more of that sleuthy, detective, true crime mentality like we WS'ers tend to. Had PG & NG been one of our "nutty" neighbors we would have had a thread on here dissecting the situation trying to figure out if something was more than a little off and how and if should we report it...and we would have, reported it that is, just in case and just on the suspicion of something possibly being not right. Oh how I wish one of us had lived next to that yard full of tents. Nutty neighbor + tents + little blonde girls + one look at PG & NG would have been enough to start one of our minds running wild.

I didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Colleen Stan? She has written a book about a similar experience and I've seeh her interviewed on TV. I hope she will be able to speak with Jaycee...I think she would be very close to this horror and would understand Jaycee more than anyone.

On May 19, 1977, Cameron Hooker kidnapped 20 year old Colleen Stan as she was hitchhiking to a friend's birthday party. Colleen accepted the ride and felt safe since Hooker's wife, Janice, and their baby were in the car. Once alone in an isolated area, Hooker pulled off the highway and put a knife to Colleen's throat. Earlier, Cameron and Janice had reached an agreement that Janice could have a baby if Cameron could have a sex slave. She had her baby and now he had his sex slave. Colleen had been kidnapped for torture and humiliation while Janice reserved Cameron's love and kindness for herself. There was to be no sex with Colleen according to the agreement, but this was later to change.<snipped>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Colleen_Stan

I agree Kimster, Colleen Stan immediately came to my mind, more so than Elizabeth Smart.

Does anyone know any background on the wife Nancy? She resembles a much older Tara Cossey who disappeared in 1979. I know that the wife has been reported as 54 or something and Cossey would be in her 40's but the eyes and chin got me!

Aug 27, 2009 5:08 pm US/Pacific
As the details about Jaycee Lee Dugard's time in captivity emerged, those who knew her alleged captor Phillip Garrido were surpised about his virtual enslavement of the now 29-year-old woman.
Deepal Karunaratne, an Antioch real estate agent, said he worked with Phillip Garrido for a decade. He said Garrido printed business cards and signs for his business.

Karunaratne said he also frequently worked directly with a woman who called herself "Alyssa" and claimed to be Garrido's daughter. It turns out that "Alyssa" was actually Dugard, authorities said.
When shown a photo of Dugard at age 11 when she was abducted, Karunaratne reacted by saying: "That's her." "I mean she's changed now. But I know the smile, the featrures, the eyes," he explained.

"Everytime I talked to her she seemed to be very happy and smiling all the time," Karunaratne said, noting that Lake Tahoe is only a few hours drive away. "If she was kidnapped, I was wondering, why doesn't she get on a bus and go there?" Karunaratne shook his head and acknowledged the possibility that she had been brainwashed.

Karunaratne claimed "Alyssa" did the design work for Garrido's small printing company. He said he was often over at the Garrido house and interacted with Garrido's wife Nancy as well as the other kids. He said he always thought it was a bit strange that "Alyssa" never called Garrido "Dad." more at link:
http://cbs5.com/local/Phillip.Garrido.arrest.2.1148378.html

I would take what this man said with a grain of salt. His business card and signed "declaration of affirmation" that he witnessed Phillip G. have mind control are both on the Voices Revealed blog.

Does anyone know any background on the wife Nancy? She resembles a much older Tara Cossey who disappeared in 1979. I know that the wife has been reported as 54 or something and Cossey would be in her 40's but the eyes and chin got me!

Wow Dani, Nancy Garrido does bear a resemblance to Tara Cossey...weird. I think someone may have already verified Nancy's info on here, however with this case, who knows, I would almost say that anything is possible. NG looks a little old, but then again being kidnapped and living a hard life with PG could do that to a person. If I were LE I would certainly check and recheck everyone ever associated with PG & NG and go over their locations for the last thirty years with a fine tooth comb.

Has anyone found a marriage certificate for Nancy and Phillip?

I read somewhere he married her when he was still in prison,
what state was he in when he was in prison ?

Does anyone have a link to comparing the composite sketch with Nancy's actual picture? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a link to comparing the composite sketch with Nancy's actual picture? Thanks in advance.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4089376&postcount=478"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA-UPDATE - LOCATED-Jaycee Lee Dugard Missing since: Jun 10th, 1991[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina