CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS10 just said they have 20 charges against the 2 Phillip & Nancy G!

Federal charges against them as well as state charges...as well as the 3 strikes & out on PG

:angel:

My assistant has lived in this area all her life. She likes to date law enforcement officers, firemen, stuff like that, and for a while was in a relationship with a deputy from Eldorado County.

Apparently that deputy told her they were 100% certain the stepfather had actually killed Jaycee and buried her somewhere, but couldn't prove it.

Looks like they were wrong if that's what they were thinking. That poor stepfather.
I have never sued anyone,,, but this poor guy should.
I bet his marriage suffered as a result. Maybe even his career.

Police News Conference at 11:45 PT & 2:45 EST!!

I found it in the article where they interviewed his brother.

Phillip Garrido graduated from Liberty High School in 1969. When he was about 20, he fled to Reno after learning that fellow drug dealers "had a contract out on him," Ron Garrido said.
In 1971, Phillip Garrido was convicted of rape and kidnapping after taking a woman prisoner in Reno and assaulting her somewhere else in the Tahoe area, the brother said.
It was at the federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., that Phillip Garrido met his wife, the visiting niece of another prisoner.
The couple communicated through letters and then married in a ceremony held behind prison walls, Ron Garrido said.
We know his marriage to his first wife took place in Carson City, Nevada. If the woman he met in Kansas is his first wife then they must have had their initial meeting their but married later in Nevada?

Maz

Federal charges against them as well as state charges...as well as the 3 strikes & out on PG

Now for this I do believe in the death penalty.
And no trial is needed. We do not need to waist so much of the tax payers money.
All the proof is in the back yard and the poor girls story should be plenty.
The perps should both be shot at close range.
In fact they should have a line up with all the folks that want to aim at them
100 bullet for each year = 1800....Fine with me.

BBM

3 strikes is too many IMHO :frown:

Maz

Aug 27, 2009 5:08 pm US/Pacific
As the details about Jaycee Lee Dugard's time in captivity emerged, those who knew her alleged captor Phillip Garrido were surpised about his virtual enslavement of the now 29-year-old woman.
Deepal Karunaratne, an Antioch real estate agent, said he worked with Phillip Garrido for a decade. He said Garrido printed business cards and signs for his business.

Karunaratne said he also frequently worked directly with a woman who called herself "Alyssa" and claimed to be Garrido's daughter. It turns out that "Alyssa" was actually Dugard, authorities said.
When shown a photo of Dugard at age 11 when she was abducted, Karunaratne reacted by saying: "That's her." "I mean she's changed now. But I know the smile, the featrures, the eyes," he explained.

"Everytime I talked to her she seemed to be very happy and smiling all the time," Karunaratne said, noting that Lake Tahoe is only a few hours drive away. "If she was kidnapped, I was wondering, why doesn't she get on a bus and go there?" Karunaratne shook his head and acknowledged the possibility that she had been brainwashed.

Karunaratne claimed "Alyssa" did the design work for Garrido's small printing company. He said he was often over at the Garrido house and interacted with Garrido's wife Nancy as well as the other kids. He said he always thought it was a bit strange that "Alyssa" never called Garrido "Dad." more at link:
http://cbs5.com/local/Phillip.Garrido.arrest.2.1148378.html

Phillip Garrido obviously calculated who he could trust and who he couldn't. In the Chronicle interview his brother says he only knew of the girls being exposed to their family once, when Phillip visited their aunt in 2007. Phillip told the aunt he was watching the neighbors' kids. The aunt didn't believe it because she thought the oldest kid had Phillip's eyes.

Here is the interview with Ron Garrido in case you haven't seen it:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/MNHQ19EU4O.DTL

Well, they really seem to be worried about the statute of limitations. I don't know a lot about this but how worried should we be? There is no way these eveil d-bags are going to get off on a technicality is there?

There is a statute of limitations on the crime of kidnapping??? That makes no sense. She and her children were captives the entire time.

Way too many. Pedo's should fry...I know it's harsh but try being victimized at the hands of one and you'll understand.:furious:
I was victimized by one...I now consider myself a survivor of one.

Maz

We know his marriage to his first wife took place in Carson City, Nevada. If the woman he met in Kansas is his first wife then they must have had their initial meeting their but married later in Nevada?

Maz

Yes, the crime was in 1971, then prison in Ks, then apparently moved to another prison(s) in NV/CA. The marriage on the located records is 1973 and the divorce in 1980. So that does leave open several possibilities regarding "Nancy", if no records seem to be showing up. I think the pictures do look similar, but surely LE has some kind of documentation about who this woman really is by now.

There is a statute of limitations on the crime of kidnapping??? That makes no sense. She and her children were captives the entire time.

I seem to a recall a lot of pedo-priests got out of charges because of SOL. Some had already been convicted and were released from prison.

It seems crazy.

The suspense on this is killing me. I wish we knew more of what happened. I'm curious as to whether he and his wife had any children of their own, or if his wife was even physically capable of having kids. If not, I wonder if, in their own crazy minds, these girls he fathered with Jaycee that are referred to as "daughters" were supposed to make up for children they could not have together.

Then again, the guy is crazy, so my idea might not be anywhere near a possibility.

Yes, the crime was in 1971, then prison in Ks, then apparently moved to another prison(s) in NV/CA. The marriage on the located records is 1973 and the divorce in 1980. So that does leave open several possibilities regarding "Nancy", if no records seem to be showing up. I think the pictures do look similar, but surely LE has some kind of documentation about who this woman really is by now.

Hi Raeann,

I have been googleing around this morning, and I found an article stating that he acutally met Nancy while he was in prison and it was a prison wedding. She was the niece of another inmate and he met her during a visit.

I was victimized by one...I now consider myself a survivor of one.

Maz

I emerged victorious over mine....but some things can never be given back nor undone. It is woven into the fabric of my life and would that it had not been. Pedo's should pay, and they normally reoffend until they die.

The rape crime has been reported as being in 1971 - but the contemporaneous newspaper reports on it place it as occurring November 23, 1976. So he'd have been with his first wife at the time of that crime, but as Karen has stated above, met Nancy in jail.

I do think that *something* will stick irrespective of the SOL - even if they can't get him on all the rape/assault charges, the fact is that she was in captivity until a couple of days ago so that crime was ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawlessinvestigates