GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rebecca0923 seems to have some personal knowledge of the family dynamics. IF what she is saying is true about Jessica's father picking up a boy and taking him to the house with them and that Jessica allegedly had hickies on her neck after the visit makes me think even more now, that this is the work of a jealous girl and her followers.

I believe a male assailant would've sexually assaulted her but she was fully clothed when she was found. JMO

I'm leaning toward a group of mean girls, too.

A group of jealous girls could have lured her there easily by pretending to be the boy she liked. And she was a very pretty girl, and would have made some of the mean girls jealous if the boys were noticing her.

Interesting. If what she says about the mother being legally blind is true....how would she be out "looking" for the daughter??? *head scratch*

Legally blind does not mean can't see anything.

Check out this interview with mama, watch her eyes. Anytime she starts a statement, she looks away, and then while continuing to talk, her eyes are shifting back and forth at a high rate, then she follows it up with a "yeah, that what happend"....

:58 to 1:10 of the video clip

http://www.news10.net/video/1496583748001/52684897001/Parents-of-girl-found-in-park-struggle-to-understand

To CANMANEH, I played for 11 years, with all 11 of those years being in the American River Little League, with our games being held at ROSEMONT PARK.
I’ve been in the dugout she was found in. They are solid cement, always have been with cinder block walls, so your theory is Null & Void.
Yes, I am the same monkeymann who some have referred to my comments on SACBEE dot com. I live 2 miles from the School/Park and just found out I live 1/2 from the apartments they live in, so yes, this hits home a bit.
Even when mama came to realize that it was possible she wasn’t coming home that night, maybe 9 - 10??< why not call dad just to see if she was over there, a safe haven, before supposedly walking the streets looking for her. In fact, she never called dad at all???
Odd, I think so.

JMO but....... the mom is talking from behind the front door, almost half hidden.
If I didn't know it was Jessica's mom, and was just observing the behavior, I
would have thought it was a neighbor who was being interviewed for information, and this neighbor did not want to be involved.

I am not making any accusations...these are just my observations.

My guess is that the father is telling the truth about her being a habitual run away and that's why the mom didn't make a big deal about her being gone.

Just thinking 'out loud' about some things...

How long had she been gone that time for them to be concerned enough to report her missing?

Unless the parents picked her up from the apartment and
watched her walk out the door, why would they just take her word for where she claims to have been? Did they ask the police to look into the possibility that she was with an adult since she was being so evasive?

Sacramento has the 'Light Rail" which is like a rapid transit train. I don't know if it runs through Rosemont. Wondering if she caught a bus or light rail somewhere and that's why nobody saw her walking in the neighborhood.
BBM
I think the address and the tenant(s) of this apartment she ran away to could be a crucial part of this investigation!

I also wonder how long she remained at the apartment...1 night..1 week...?

Welcome Monkeymann 916 I wonder if Berry Ave is near the ballpark. I looked on Spotcrime and there was a sexual assault that occurred around the same time she left her home.

http://spotcrime.com/crime/27458692-d6afe08105bb2e07bf416f2e7cfa3eb1

03/05/2012 04:40 PM. The victim reported being sexually assaulted last night by a suspect whom she accepted a ride from. The suspect was described as male Asian late 20's, 5'4", 140, driving a gray metallic 4 door. Case number: 12-061364.

It is an area that is bordered by Folsom Blvd to Jackson Highway (16) and Watt Ave. to Mayhew/Bradshaw Rd.
Thanks! I know where Watt & Bradshaw is-used to have family living there, and it's not a good area!

Hi everyone - long time WS lurker here. I live in Rosemont, very close to the park.
Trigger - Berry is not near the park, IMO. Probably mmm 10 miles or so?
I take my 2 year old to Rosemont Park almost every weekend - we actually walk or ride our bikes, and we were there the day before Jessica's body was found, so this case really hits home for me. For the most part, other than some teens hanging out here and there, I have never felt unsafe at the park or in the part of Rosemont that I live (then again, we don't go to the park at night). There are other areas that I would not ride my bike or walk to especially if I had my daughter with me. Simply put, there are *some* areas of Rosemont that I would not consider entirely "safe", but the majority of the area I would. I also belong to a neighborhood watch in Rosemont, and am constantly abreast of crime in our area - mostly vehicle break-ins, some home break-ins, and an occasional assault. We do have issues in some parts with graffiti and vandalism, but nothing major as of late.
Anyhoo, I have multiple issues with Mom's statements and actions, and have from day one. I really feel that the park was just a body dump. However, I am aware that they have pulled kids out of Rosemont High for "DNA testing" and questioning. I really hope that the cops know a hell of a lot more than we think they do and they are holding their cards close on this one, but it's hard to say.

Wow, thanks to you also for the warm welcome, although I do prefer to meet people in a more positive type forum or subject matter, but its all good, im glad to give a local feel to the group, for this story anyway.
If anyone has any inquiries as to any local scenarios,l people, places or things, hit me up!

Welcome, MONKEYMAN!
Great to have you posting here!
And your insider information can be invaluable!
:welcome5::welcome5::welcome5:

I have been following this case very closely and at first I believed the mothers story but the more I have seen different pieces of news footage and read articles from local papers something just feel hinky to me about the girls mother.
One thing that struck me is yes JFH has a history of running away however she called her parents to come and get her and then also she disappeared for a little while the weekend before but the mother TFH seems delusional to why this is happening. JFH was struggling emotionally and the mother IMO was pretty clueless and believed that her daughter was pretty much over being molested, TFH states...
That&#8217;s been done and over with and passed. People are probably going to think a lot of that but she was getting help with that and people were not to pressure her because that was the past.
Was she really getting help. I would like to see proof of that. Also JFH's father stated he was meeting resistance to get full custody of his daughter. That statement really makes me think... IMHO Did TFH feel threatened to loose her daughter and that could just not happen in her mind. I don't know just throwing my ideas out there.

Thanks, Nursebeeme! <3
I forgot - one thing I have never ever been able to confirm or deny in all my reading - does anyone know if Mommy Dearest has a current boyfriend, particularly a live-in boyfriend?

JMO but....... the mom is talking from behind the front door, almost half hidden.
If I didn't know it was Jessica's mom, and was just observing the behavior, I
would have thought it was a neighbor who was being interviewed for information, and this neighbor did not want to be involved.

I am not making any accusations...these are just my observations.

ETA: After reading comments under the article..I find this behavior understandable.

Welcome Monkeymann 916 I wonder if Berry Ave is near the ballpark. I looked on Spotcrime and there was a sexual assault that occurred around the same time she left her home.

03/05/2012 04:40 PM. The victim reported being sexually assaulted last night by a suspect whom she accepted a ride from. The suspect was described as male Asian late 20's, 5'4", 140, driving a gray metallic 4 door. Case number: 12-061364.

Interesting...I wonder if there is a connection to this case?:waitasec:

Hi everyone - long time WS lurker here. I live in Rosemont, very close to the park.
Trigger - Berry is not near the park, IMO. Probably mmm 10 miles or so?
I take my 2 year old to Rosemont Park almost every weekend - we actually walk or ride our bikes, and we were there the day before Jessica's body was found, so this case really hits home for me. For the most part, other than some teens hanging out here and there, I have never felt unsafe at the park or in the part of Rosemont that I live (then again, we don't go to the park at night). There are other areas that I would not ride my bike or walk to especially if I had my daughter with me. Simply put, there are *some* areas of Rosemont that I would not consider entirely "safe", but the majority of the area I would. I also belong to a neighborhood watch in Rosemont, and am constantly abreast of crime in our area - mostly vehicle break-ins, some home break-ins, and an occasional assault. We do have issues in some parts with graffiti and vandalism, but nothing major as of late.
Anyhoo, I have multiple issues with Mom's statements and actions, and have from day one. I really feel that the park was just a body dump. However, I am aware that they have pulled kids out of Rosemont High for "DNA testing" and questioning. I really hope that the cops know a hell of a lot more than we think they do and they are holding their cards close on this one, but it's hard to say.

Welcome, Traceyrita!
It is great to get insider information! I am getting a better feel for the area from your post!
Interesting that LE is getting DNA from school students. I hope this provides LE with some strong leads!

:welcome3::wagon::Welcome1:

ETA: Welcome to ALL newcomers, in case I have missed any. We don't want any of you valuable sleuthers to feel left out!

It is about 6 miles from the park, so I doubt it, also if it was a sexual predator, it would seem that Jessica would have been harmed in that way also.

Oh,so I see another "local" is here...makes me wonder if we know each other...haha
Hiram Johnson/Class of 1986 here
Possibility??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela