GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont know her family, friends, or anybody close to her to know any fine details such as that. Just know the area like the back of my hand, and own a home also.
The area isnt that bad, its just like most area's where as if you go to the other side of the street or "tracks" in this case, things change a bit.
EVERY neighborhood has the entry level homes and then on up, and with apartment complexes, you get all kinds.

Exactly my niece who is two years younger than me lives in that neighborhood for 9 years. She has a nice home but a few years ago both her and her husbands trucks were stolen out of the driveway. I have spent so much time their because our sons are very close. I spent so much time last year watching her son play little league baseball at that park. I never felt not safe their but we stayed in at night. She has been devastated by poor JFH's death.

Hmm just saw a comment on the initial surveillance vid that the perp looks like they are running with a limp. :jail:

Hmm just saw a comment on the initial surveillance vid that the perp looks like they are running with a limp. :jail:

She probably put up quite a fight. Hopefully she kicked him hard enough to give him a limp. I hope there are fresh scratches when LE finds him too.

Although I am not convinced that he is the real perp in this case. I still feel that it might have been a small group of older girls who attacked her.

Well, Im thinking your a little confused :waitasec::waitasec: on your locations, because actually the area of 50 and Bradshaw is all industrial, with nothing but a drive in theater, skating rink,an RPM go cart racing place, and a Jack in the Box.
No, because my husband's sister & brother-in-law lived on Bradford, and we stayed at the HoJo's that went downhill right off of 50.

There *could* be some more news, peeps (from facebook):

Channel 10 just flashed on screen during Ellen that there is now a person of interest

I'm not sure if that was a media-attention way of saying "they have surveillance", or that they now do, in fact have a POI.

I hate being so cynical, but she and her mom had an argument that night.

Yeah, but I think me and my mom had an argument almost every night when I was that age. It might have upset her enough to go outside and plan to stay outside until late, though.

I think its someone on a skateboard. Its just odd that the person would be running, then hide, and then run back towards the location they are running from.

'Looks to me that they riding a skateboard turn up onto a driveway and do a loop, then back out into the street and back where they came from, something Im sure we all did as kids.
Also if you look, once the person goes up to "hide" from the first car, when coming back to the street another car approaches and the person doesnt go back into hiding, just stays on course.
The car does turn though, but I just think if they went up to the house to hide from a car they knew was coming due to headlights, they would have waited for both sets of headlights to pass or turn before emerging back to the street. If they car hadnt turned, it would have been right up on this person

No, because my husband's sister & brother-in-law lived on Bradford, and we stayed at the HoJo's that went downhill right off of 50.

Okay, Bradshaw Rd and Lincloln Village is the place your speaking of, and yes I agree, that is an area that is the hood, or close to it. I live on the OTHER side of Hwy 50, so I guess when you mentioned Bradshaw as being a bad place I took it personal.
LV has always been a place for thugs to thrive

I think its someone on a skateboard. Its just odd that the person would be running, then hide, and then run back towards the location they are running from.

'Looks to me that they riding a skateboard turn up onto a driveway and do a loop, then back out into the street and back where they came from, something Im sure we all did as kids.
Also if you look, once the person goes up to "hide" from the first car, when coming back to the street another car approaches and the person doesnt go back into hiding, just stays on course.
The car does turn though, but I just think if they went up to the house to hide from a car they knew was coming due to headlights, they would have waited for both sets of headlights to pass or turn before emerging back to the street. If they car hadnt turned, it would have been right up on this person

IMHO, You are so right, IMHO.
If that video is in normal time, not sped up, that is someone on a skateboard. If they are basing the time of death on the time of this video, I think it's premature.

I agree. It's not a limp. Looks like someone pushing with one leg while other leg is on a skateboard to me also. Probably somebody completely unrelated to the case then (not running or hiding, but skating around).

I can't tell if that is a female or male. It does look to me like whomever it is is riding a skateboard.

Whoever that is, I don't see any evidence that this person is running and hiding. Just someone skating around that most likely had nothing to do with any of it.

My first thought is if this is someone's teen that is out skateboarding or whatever, it might help if LE releases an estimation of the time of this video.

Never mind, they said her estimated time of death is between 8 and 9 so I assume the video was captured around those time periods

I don't know if the guy making that comment is just making that up though.

AFAIK, she was not raped or sexually abused. So I am not sure it was a RSO who did this at all.

Ya, you're right. I need to take a time out. I'm perplexed. I first thought it had to be mean girls because she was not sexually abused. Then I was suspicious of the mother not calling police once the clock struck midnight and her daughter wasn't home. Now I am talking myself out of that because it may just be very bad parenting or a very frustrated mother.

I still think that its odd that more young people aren't posting about this locally...or that their mothers aren't.

Ya, you're right. I need to take a time out. I'm perplexed. I first thought it had to be mean girls because she was not sexually abused. Then I was suspicious of the mother not calling police once the clock struck midnight and her daughter wasn't home. Now I am talking myself out of that because it may just be very bad parenting or a very frustrated mother.

I still think that its odd that more young people aren't posting about this locally...or that their mothers aren't.

I have been scratching my head about that one too! Usually, the comment sections of the articles would be filled up from fellow students and their parents.

What gives?

I am back to the mean girls theory myself. Only because some of the comments I read about the mother vs the father. [ the comments are linked upthread] Apparently the mother has MS and other medical problems which have left her very weak. But she has apparently tried to be there for her daughter, according to her friends. The father is very permissive, and the weekend before she went missing, she was at her father's home. And supposedly he let a young boy hang out there that weekend, and the mother was angry that her daughter came home with hickeys. And that helped trigger their fighting over where she was going to live.

Anyway, IF any of that is true, then I can see the 'mean girls' theory being likely. IF that boy hung out there and gave her hickeys, then it would have spread to the rumor mill like wildfire. And some girls would have been very angry most likely. She was new in the area, so this boy probably had other girlfriends that would have hated her for that.

I used to skateboard ( in teh 90's) but I recall constantly picking up my board to gain ground or be quiet, which is why I think they appear to stop or appeared to be running to LE. I hope this will prompt someone to come forward stating either themselves or their child are the person on surveillance so we can rule them out and move on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back