CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know, we weren't there but we've got a ton of circumstantial evidence.

You agree the morning is improbable, therefore it was more likely the evening before.

Joey's phone moved from Rancho to Fallbrook and at 5.47 pm it called Chase's phone which pinged in Rancho.

From that exact minute, not an hour later but from the end of that call, and in the next 3 hours and 44 minutes:

Chase's phone goes dark.

There are six voicemail calls to his phone from his wife starting at just after 6 pm, again after 7 pm and again after 9 pm.

Chase calls his wife back at 9.30 pm from an area one hour's drive away from Fallbrook, not south, west or east but north of Fallbrook, an hour after Joey's phone connected towers in Fallbrook for the last time ever.

A cheque was created at Joey's house to Charles Merritt, at 8 pm, in his style of creating and deleting and in the custom account only he used, which he created again with the same memo the next day, and cashed.

A truck reversed into the driveway that didn't belong to the McStays left the house (if it wasn't that one that took them then presumably another one arrived later on with the real murderer but it slipped past Mitchley's camera unnoticed), a truck the McStays most likely recognised and weren't alarmed to see in their driveway because they didn't call for help but opened their door because there was no forced entry.

The children were eating popcorn, someone dropped a bitten apple and the adults were drinking coffee.

The McStays were never heard from again.

Is it a reasonable assumption that these happenings were connected with the murders? That the defense who also wasn't there can pluck a more reasonable breakfast-time scenario out of thin air than the investigators of this crime, or any of us having seen the trial and been presented with the evidence unearthed by the investigators? Or were the children up really late and eating snacks before or after a very late supper, after those strange events and then the family was abducted alive with the sledgehammer later than the mystery truck leaving the house, by an unfilmed vehicle, by someone unconnected with the deleted cheque and Chase's unanswered phone calls?

JMO

It's a valid theory. But even in its totality, none of it absolutely connects Chase to the murders EXCEPT possibly this, snipped from your post:

"A cheque was created at Joey's house to Charles Merritt, at 8 pm, in his style of creating and deleting and in the custom account only he used, which he created again with the same memo the next day, and cashed."

To me this is the only thing on your list that could be potentially damning but again, I need to hear what the defense has to say before forming my opinion.

Also, this will be assuming that the jury accepts that the family was indeed murdered at the McStay home. If they have doubts about that, then the check creation on the evening of the 8th might not be as important to them as we think it might be.

All IMO.

He did not have access to the Paypal account. This has been one of the biggest inaccurate accusations in this case. Dan requested the money, like sending a bill for money owed, and Mike or Susan released that money. Dan did not steal any money out of the account. This accusation was started by a family member but has never been proven to be true.

I'm sure the defense will be addressing this, I look forward to them and the prosecution battling it out to get to the truth of the matter.

AddiLawCrime: We will no longer have a camera at the McStay trial, however we will be able to upload the audio each day on our YouTube channel. Cathy will also be periodically tweeting.

Sad. But at least audio is coming. They should really film closing arguments though.

AddiLawCrime: We will no longer have a camera at the McStay trial, however we will be able to upload the audio each day on our YouTube channel. Cathy will also be periodically tweeting.

Sad. But at least audio is coming. They should really film closing arguments though.

It’s just totally disgusting they are taking away the camera.

Actually, when I listen to testimony, I find that if there is anything they don't want you to know, if it's a good cross, they will get it out :) So I actually listen to both, well... in this case, I have listened to all of it haha But I will pay attention on cross to look for the problems with the information that came out on direct, which is what I did with the prosecutions case so far. As for posting the defenses theory or points, we are on a discussion forum, and if the only viewpoint represented was the States, then there isn't much to discuss, is there? Most would have convicted after OS's, actually most convicted him before that IMO

I think it's kinda funny that you all think or assume I think Chase is not guilty LOL I am more concerned about what the evidence shows, and so far, I'm underwhelmed by the prosecutions case, and we are at the end of it. I do not think I am the only one, actually I know I'm not. I am interested to see what the defense is going to say, who they call as witnesses, and to see if they can back up some of the things they have implied over the last 2 months. I still want to see that little punk Dan squirm and hope they call him as a witness. He has never had to answer for all the money he took from EIP either.

It's unfortunate that we will no longer have cams there and we will only have audio, which will make it much harder for some to follow. In my notes, I have actually noted the exhibit numbers for some exhibits lol So if some of the same exhibits are used, I might be able to find them in 'video' testimony.

I actually wonder if they pulled a Geragos (defense rest), if he would be convicted.

BBM. Well Missy, I for one know that you are perfectly capable of "covering" BOTH the defense AND the prosecution as objectively as possible, which imo is what you have been doing all along from the beginning. And doing a spectacular job I might add! :) Please know that your efforts are greatly appreciated! *hugs*

What wonderful fascinating trial are they moving the camera to?

BBM. Well Missy, I for one know that you are perfectly capable of "covering" BOTH the defense AND the prosecution as objectively as possible, which imo is what you have been doing all along from the beginning. And doing a spectacular job I might add! :) Please know that your efforts are greatly appreciated! *hugs*

At least I know you are reading :D:D I know others are as well, whenever I think my efforts are futile, I get messages haha IMO There are people that are afraid to post their thoughts, and I think it's unfortunate, but it is what it is. :)

But you are making a leap here, in saying he left the scene, then returned ONLY to create and erase the check.

Many speculate he was just moving the truck, and had planned to return for other reasons too. No One is saying that he returned ONLY to create and erase that check.

Fact remains---SOMEONE did sit down at Joey's desktop and create and erase that check. It was made out to chase merritt, and the identical check to it, with 500 extra added to the total, was created and cashed the next day.

I think that makes it about 98% certain that Chase was the one who created and erased that check on the 4th.

It cant be any clearer this man did everything he is accused of doing. I think there are many more rotten things he has done, and just wasn't caught. Imo

He turned out to be the worst back stabbing individual that ever crossed paths with Joey McStay, and his family. He wasn't Joey's best friend. He was his worst living nightmare.

This case is a painful reminder of how many good caring people, like the McStays, have been murdered in cold blood because of their good deeds.

No good deed goes unpunished because of individuals just like CM.

When he couldn't manipulate Joey anymore, he knew then, the only way to get his hands in Joey's cookie jar was to murder them all where neither Joey nor Summer could stop him.

Any individual who can look into the eyes of two terrified totally innocent little boys, and crush their skulls in has to be demonic to the core. Only psychopaths are capable of doing such cruelty. Imo

It makes CM truly one of the worst who walks this earth.

At least he has been stopped in his tracks. Anyone capable of being stone cold is perfectly capable of hurting others if allowed to roam free among more good hearted people.

I hope CM never sees the light of day ever again.

We've seen even after murdering four how quickly he went on to victimize more, hoping he would be able to find another easygoing Joey he could manipulate, and get his evil claws in.

Imo

Last edited:
It cant be any clearer this man did everything he is accused of doing. I think there are many more rotten things he has done, and just wasn't caught. Imo

He turned out to be the worst back stabbing individual that ever crossed paths with Joey McStay, and his family. He wasn't Joey's best friend. He was his worst living nightmare.

This case is a painful reminder of how many good caring people, like the McStays, have been murdered in cold blood because of their good deeds.

No good deed goes unpunished because of individuals just like CM.

When he couldn't manipulate Joey anymore, he knew then, the only way to get his hands in Joey's cookie jar was to murder them all where neither Joey nor Summer could stop him.

Any individual who can look into the eyes of two terrified totally innocent little boys, and crush their skulls in has to be demonic to the core.

It makes CM truly one of the worst who walks this earth.

At least he has been stopped in his tracks. Anyone capable of being stone cold is perfectly capable of hurting others if allowed to roam free among more good hearted people.

I hope CM never sees the light of day ever again.

We've seen even after murdering four how quickly he went on to victimize more, hoping he would be able to find another easygoing Joey he could manipulate, and get his evil claws in.

Imo
Agree Ocean, how to defend the indefensible IMO.

Thanks for posting up the info. Wow, what a dud of the streaming of this most important Trial. Why did they even want the rights to stream it in the first place i wonder? Very very disappointing to say the least.

At least I know you are reading :D:D I know others are as well, whenever I think my efforts are futile, I get messages haha IMO There are people that are afraid to post their thoughts, and I think it's unfortunate, but it is what it is. :)

Yes, I also get many of those same messages.

Many are following this case, but have decided to read, and not post.

I respect anyone who wishes to follow this case based how they decide is best for them.

In fact I understand why many make this choice, and the reasons they have given.

Imo

It’s just totally disgusting they are taking away the camera.
I agree. Don't get me started. I flounced out of there yesterday and told them they are a pitiful organization. I've never flounced out of anywhere before.

What bothers me maybe even more than the no cameras thing is how they said they were going to cover it and when people ask, no one wants to answer. They know it makes people upset. I really think they only own 2 camera setups total.

Thanks for posting up the info. Wow, what a dud of the streaming of this most important Trial. Why did they even want the rights to stream it in the first place i wonder? Very very disappointing to say the least.

How utterly disappointing.

I think they feel since there is so much downtime, and dark days, along with 15 minute breaks turning into a long time, they dont think it's worth their time to have someone cover this case.

Can anyone else come in to cover this trial?

As far as Cathy's tweets they truly arent very enlightening or informative either as to what all has been said by both sides.

What a big letdown.

Imo

I agree. Don't get me started. I flounced out of there yesterday and told them they are a pitiful organization. I've never flounced out of anywhere before.

What bothers me maybe even more than the no cameras thing is how they said they were going to cover it and when people ask, no one wants to answer. They know it makes people upset. I really think they only own 2 camera setups total.
Have you been at the Trial Frankie? Good for you to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay