CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: L&C The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Politely pester, is my motto. The numbers on the YouTube videos for this case aren't bad. And L&C might be waiting to assess how long the defense takes to ramp up, and get their case rolling. It has to be frustrating for L&C to show up every day, and have all these partial days of trial. And days off. They are doing a great job, all things considered.

How utterly disappointing.

I think they feel since there is so much downtime, and dark days, along with 15 minute breaks turning into a long time, they dont think it's worth their time to have someone cover this case.

Can anyone else come in to cover this trial?

As far as Cathy's tweets they truly arent very enlightening or informative either as to what all has been said by both sides.

What a big letdown.

Imo
It is ridiculous Ocean. I am trying to think of this kind of thing ever happening at a DP Trial before and can't think of it ever happening before. Maybe it has but i never have heard of it previously.
Some Trials are stop and start though depending on what happens in court, but that's just the way things sometimes go. They have to be prepared for that IMO.

Is there any chance that there could be a thread on this case that is evidence related only? Would there be an interest in that? Speculation without substantiation isn't interesting to me, personally. And I'd really love to be able to discuss evidence, only. Just seeing if there is interest.

RE: L&C The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Politely pester, is my motto. The numbers on the YouTube videos for this case aren't bad. And L&C might be waiting to assess how long the defense takes to ramp up, and get their case rolling. It has to be frustrating for L&C to show up every day, and have all these partial days of trial. And days off. They are doing a great job, all things considered.

yeah, I can't say I really blame them, but don't commit to something that you aren't going to follow through on. From what I remember early on, anyone that has followed a Cali trial was not that surprised by the days off, times of trial, etc.

Is there any chance that there could be a thread on this case that is evidence related only? Would there be an interest in that? Speculation without substantiation isn't interesting to me, personally. And I'd really love to be able to discuss evidence, only. Just seeing if there is interest.

My suggestion would be to post it in the McStay forum :) You know I would be there haha

yeah, I can't say I really blame them, but don't commit to something that you aren't going to follow through on. From what I remember early on, anyone that has followed a Cali trial was not that surprised by the days off, times of trial, etc.

Oh come on. Nothing was promised. I follow a ton of cases in Cali. This is the first one that has been live-streamed. It costs money to do what they do. If we want more of this type of coverage, we have to support it.

I agree. Don't get me started. I flounced out of there yesterday and told them they are a pitiful organization. I've never flounced out of anywhere before.

What bothers me maybe even more than the no cameras thing is how they said they were going to cover it and when people ask, no one wants to answer. They know it makes people upset. I really think they only own 2 camera setups total.
That's my impression too.

I think the problem is that their main focus is on the talking heads aspect and the two cameras have to follow the talking heads around, so if they give up on a trial the cameras do too. Maybe trial hasn't panned out the way they were angling, which was clearly pro-defense IMO.

Are you able to start a thread in that regard if you want to do that?
I think there is some good evidence on this case, and it is also a circumstantial case too, so there is bound to be speculation IMO. Has happened in every case i have ever followed. Most times we don't know the exact details of how the crime actually happened unless the killer confesses. But also IMO this is what WS is about, speculating about various cases. JMO

That's my impression too.

I think the problem is that their main focus is on the talking heads aspect and the two cameras have to follow the talking heads around, so if they give up on a trial the cameras do too. Maybe trial hasn't panned out the way they were angling, which was clearly pro-defense IMO.

The one and only somewhat reporter that has been following the trial and listening to it all is Cathy Russon. I don't think she was pro-defense to begin with, I think her opinion developed as it went on that she didn't think they were "proving" their case. From her other tweets about other trials, I don't think she is pro-defense, but JMO

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 40m40 minutes ago
Hearing in the #McStayFamily murder case about to resume. Prosecution calling one additional witness, before the Charles Merritt defense team begins.

D1ePxCMU8AAiHyP.jpg

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 36m36 minutes ago
The prosecution just called a 3D forensic analyst who's an expert in the reconstruction of shootings, crime scenes, etc. to the witness stand

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 24m24 minutes ago
The witness says he was provided security camera footage from a home on the street where the McStays lived in Fallbrook, showing a Chevrolet truck.

The witness made a sub-clip of the security camera of about 100 frames. He says the resolution of the video was relatively small, 704x480. He was also supplied with laser scan data of the truck (that the prosecution says was the one in the video) as well as the roadway.

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 15m15 minutes ago
The prosecution’s witness is now showing a 3D image of the neighborhood where the McStay family lived.

Expert describing the way the software works: “It is never perfect. If it’s perfect, I would be suspicious.” He said everything needs to always be checked.

The one and only somewhat reporter that has been following the trial and listening to it all is Cathy Russon. I don't think she was pro-defense to begin with, I think her opinion developed as it went on that she didn't think they were "proving" their case. From her other tweets about other trials, I don't think she is pro-defense, but JMO
I referred to the talking heads in their studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay