CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From OS's ... unsure of the spelling of his name though. Boles said in his testimony that 'an engineer would be able to answer that' to some questions from McGee, so hopefully he can.

We have a Vlad Jovanovic, who is our cell tower expert. We wanted somebody that knew cells, who knew cell networks. He has a Bachelor's of Science, Masters of Science, PhD in Electrical Engineering. He spent 35 years working in communication networks, 25 of that in cellular networks, where he optimized them. Checked them to see if they were working properly, developed them, tested them. He knows the towers and how they work and what they can tell you.

Elluma Discovery is for the computers.

Elluma doens't just handle computer discovery. They also work with cellular phone evidence. But they may only be working with the computer aspect of this case. I thought they might be involved with more, simply because their billing was for over a year.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 8m8 minutes ago
Back in session. My computer just died. So I’m on my phone & a bit slower on this. Bare with my live tweets pace.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 6m6 minutes ago
Jarvis under redirect by Maline says she has not knowingly changed her testimony to detectives.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 1m1 minute ago
Rodriguez is asking Jarvis to identify in her trasnscript where she told detectives her parents argument over Merritt not picking up a call from McStay last through weekend. It’s not in the transcript.

Right. I dont want to hear some hired gun expert testify to ..well it might have happened or it could have happened. That's nothing, but a opinion without supporting evidence.

I want to see irrefutable proof the call did go through, and not some hired expert just saying it might have happened.

Why did CJs go through but not the most important one?

Imo

Unfortunately ocean, I don't see irrefutable proof of anything in this trial. THAT is a problem for me JMO

In the Preliminary hearing, it was said that when she was confronted with the fact that a call didn't show on Merritt's records, she said 'And she remembered the phone call happening that way, but it was possibly a different night."

Here is where I am having difficulty with the 'phone' info.... Boles looked at and gave his report in 2014... they believe the info that they got from Boles to be true (Bachman's testimony)... however, like the conclusion given for the VM's not registering a tower was faulty, I cannot conclude that anything else isn't faulty, especially what they were given in 2014, since Boles actually updated that info in 2016 IIRC. It's JMO and I'm okay with other's believing what they want, but I think those beliefs have to based off of fact as well... if there is something in the witnesses testimony that can be proven to be untrue or faulty, the testimony as a whole should be questioned, which is... JUST MY OPINION... to be clear :D

I appreciate your posts @citygirl :)

The thing to understand about Boles and his presentation of the ping data, is regardless of updates, it is unbelievably superficial. Anyone can map an azimuth. I have mapped azimuths. But simply mapping the azimuth and showing possible coverage, does not actually give accurate information as to where someone might have been when a call was made, especially in regards to historical ping data.

And I'm not going to say much more, because I believe the defense will be covering this in full.

The thing to understand about Boles and his presentation of the ping data, is regardless of updates, it is unbelievably superficial. Anyone can map an azimuth. I have mapped azimuths. But simply mapping the azimuth and showing possible coverage, does not actually give accurate information as to where someone might have been when a call was made, especially in regards to historical ping data.

And I'm not going to say much more, because I believe the defense will be covering this in full.

I bet an engineer can tell us more LOL Boles would agree. JMO

In the Preliminary hearing, it was said that when she was confronted with the fact that a call didn't show on Merritt's records, she said 'And she remembered the phone call happening that way, but it was possibly a different night."

Here is where I am having difficulty with the 'phone' info.... Boles looked at and gave his report in 2014... they believe the info that they got from Boles to be true (Bachman's testimony)... however, like the conclusion given for the VM's not registering a tower was faulty, I cannot conclude that anything else isn't faulty, especially what they were given in 2014, since Boles actually updated that info in 2016 IIRC. It's JMO and I'm okay with other's believing what they want, but I think those beliefs have to based off of fact as well... if there is something in the witnesses testimony that can be proven to be untrue or faulty, the testimony as a whole should be questioned, which is... JUST MY OPINION... to be clear :D

I appreciate your posts @citygirl :)
Appreciate yours even more.

You are forgetting that the defense has already shown that not all of Chase's known calls, pinged. They are bringing in phone experts. This is just an intro to the rebuttal.

"Intro to the Rebuttal"-should be a rap tune.

So the retrieved ping data cannot be relied upon for what the State assumes it means. But the defense can use ping data, to say what they claim it will mean? That's how it always works in trials...

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia
Rodriguez is asking Jarvis to identify in her trasnscript where she told detectives her parents argument over Merritt not picking up a call from McStay last through weekend. It’s not in the transcript.

(I'll stop posting the tweets now since Undiscovered Truth is posting)
Thank you for posting the few you did, MrsPC..I was late grrrrr.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 21s21 seconds ago
While we wait. This is Chase Merritt from earlier in the day. #McStay

D1kVUgoUkAA2uGi.jpg

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 8m8 minutes ago
Back in session. My computer just died. So I’m on my phone & a bit slower on this. Bare with my live tweets pace.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 6m6 minutes ago
Jarvis under redirect by Maline says she has not knowingly changed her testimony to detectives.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 1m1 minute ago

Wow! Rodriguez is smokin..hot today.

Not in the transcript! I really didnt think it would be anyway.

Maline needs to stay away from giving his witnesses a transcript they evidently don't read.

It opens the door wide open for the witness to be called out by the state.

Imo

Wow! Rodriguez is smokin..hot today.

Not in the transcript! I really didnt think it would be anyway.

Maline needs to stay away from giving his witnesses a transcript. It opens the door wide open for the witness to be called out by the state.

Imo

They all give their witnesses transcripts. This has been discussed numerous times on this case. They don't give them to LE and the experts, but, Michael McStay, same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877