CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know enough about CM to make a judgement on his sixty plus years of living. That said, is everyone else surrounding JM and his business better than CM as a human being? Does everyone else near JM have more to show, more to be proud of, than CM? (Keep in mind we are speaking when he has not been convicted of murder yet.)
A resounding YES.

Missy - I have searched & searched and re-listened to testimony and also re-read the Prelim transcript searching for more info on where exactly in Grave B the 1/2 portion of the bra was located but can't find squat. :) And as far as why Dr. Bob Hunter didn't testify (since he was the main person doing that excavation) I did find an outdated website about him and in 2013 at the time of the investigation he would have had about 44 years tenure with San Bernardino county as a Deputy Coroner Investigator. So jump forward to trial 2019 and I imagine he's been retired for a while and likely elderly. So that's probably why he wasn't called to testify.

Bob Hunter - SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
I was wondering about that guy. He was in a lot of the pictures of the dig.

MM in his latest testimony said:
"I never believed it was voluntary missing. I said that from Day One."
That is a false statement. He was not concerned at all before and after Chase asked him to check the house. He didn't want to visit the house before, he wasn't worried after, saying they may have gone for vacation.
Why do you try to throw MM under the bus at every opportunity. Michael McStay has not been charged with the murders or even named a person of interest. The mods have already made it crystal clear we are not to be bad mouthing the victims.

Plea bargain
The plea bargain (also plea agreement or plea deal) is any agreement in a criminal case between the prosecutor and defendant whereby the defendant agrees to plead guilty or nolo contendere to a particular charge in return for some concession from the prosecutor. This may mean that the defendant will plead guilty to a less serious charge, or to one of the several charges, in return for the dismissal of other charges; or it may mean that the defendant will plead guilty to the original criminal charge in return for a more lenient sentence.

He had no obligation. I would expect family members and relatives to care more about their family than a business partner and friend.

Maybe no legal obligation, but a moral obligation based on their close relationship, yes, imo.

It was more about making sure the police knew immediately his best friend, and family had vanished into thin air.

The circumstances are different in this case than many others.

Joey's family didn't live there nor saw or worked with him closely nor talked to him numerous times every single day. CM did.

I would expect a best friend to care deeply. That is why best friends have called LE before for wellness checks to be done or went themselves directly to the police station to report them missing. There was nothing stopping CM from doing the very same thing other best friends have done. even it was a call for a wellness check. He didnt even have to tell them his name.

Imo, CM added to the family thinking they had willingly left on their own by making it appear someone was coming over to care for their dogs. Didn't he tell them the dog bowls had been moved?

Imo, he really didn't show any concern even when those at MSM told him they were unable to contact Joey. They were more concerned, and even DK, than CM who was supposed to be his best friend.

Instead he nonchalantly said he would go by later in the week when he got around to it.. to check it out. True best friends wouldn't ever wait that long. Imo. They would immediately be worried sick trying to find them.

I'm sorry, but that just wouldnt be the reaction of anyone who's best friend couldn't be located anywhere. Imo

It is the actions of someone who ALREADY KNEW there wasn't any rush to find them. Imo he purposefully waited days before even contacting the family.

Imo, it gave him many days to cover up the crime scene, and get rid of the bodies. Most murderers don't have these many days to do so before anyone knows the victims are even missing.

Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members