CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a plea agreement after this 3 month circus, I quit. I quit it all. No more true crime for me. Nope.
Just reading up about Plea deals and think they usually happen before a trial starts.
(quote)
A plea bargain is an agreement between a defendant and a prosecutor, in which the defendant agrees to plead guilty or "no contest" (nolo contendere) in exchange for an agreement by the prosecutor to drop one or more charges, reduce a charge to a less serious offense, or recommend to the judge a specific sentence acceptable to the defense.

https://store.nolo.com/products/the...edium=nolo&utm_campaign=nolo-related-products
As criminal courts become ever more crowded, prosecutors and judges alike feel increased pressure to move cases quickly through the system. Criminal trials can take days, weeks, or sometimes months, while guilty pleas can often be arranged in minutes. Also, the outcome of any given trial is usually unpredictable, whereas a plea bargain provides both prosecution and defense with some control over the result—hopefully, one that both can live with.

The Basics of a Plea Bargain

Please people I did not say PLEA AGREEMENT! I said a surprise. I am not at liberty to say exactly what it is but I'm sure you can figure it out. NOT a Plea Agreement!
You made 2 different posts, one about the surprise and post #53 that stated, RSBM, "No such thing as a plea agreement". So sorry if i misunderstood what you were saying, but in your post stating about the plea agreement, i thought you meant it's not called a plea agreement. That's why i posted up the info. about what it's usually called with a plea in a criminal case.

Chase talked to Joey multiple times a day, the family did not. If Joey WAS his best friend, Chase DID have the obligation. Your statement falls flat.

Plus, I cant even count the amount of family members who have spoken out in the media who had convinced themselves at first their missing loved ones would safely return.

It's only human nature to hope for the best outcome. Some to this day who have a missing loved one still has hope one day they will be found alive,and well even though the odds are against it.

So it's very normal that the McStay family wanted to cling to that same hope at first.

Of course the further along it becomes, hope begins to wane, and the families have to look at the stark reality that foul play is most likely involved.

I cant imagine the pain it causes families when they have to resign themselves to that possibility. Where they cant convince themselves any longer into believing their love ones are going to safely return home.

But in this case, I think most knew relatively soon it wasn't going to end with a happy ending.

Jmo

Cathy Russon‏@cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago

#McStay - Bailiff just came out and said court is cancelled today. He would not give an explanation. Jurors were in the hallway waiting. Court resumes tomorrow.

Plus, I cant even count the amount of family members who have spoken out in the media who had convinced themselves at first their missing loved ones would safely return.

It's only human nature to hope for the best outcome. Some to this day who have a missing loved one still has hope one day they will be found alive,and well even though the odds are against it.

So it's very normal that the McStay family wanted to cling to that same hope at first.

Of course the further along it becomes, hope begins to wane, and the families have to look at the stark reality that foul play is most likely involved.

I cant imagine the pain it causes families when they have to resign themselves to that possibility. Where they cant convince themselves any longer into believing their love ones are going to safely return home.

But in this case, I think most knew relatively soon it wasn't going to end with a happy ending.

Jmo
CM's interview on Feb 17th reinforces this point -

CM: Joseph was one of my best friends

[...]

SF: Do you have any knowledge or information which indicates to you that they’re dead?

CM: No.

SF: It’s interesting because you know we deal with families and friends of people all the time and often times they will notify them that their loved one is dead but they will still use the present tense because it really hasn’t set in

Cathy Russon‏@cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago

#McStay - Bailiff just came out and said court is cancelled today. He would not give an explanation. Jurors were in the hallway waiting. Court resumes tomorrow.

This has to be getting on the jurors last nerve! This is insane. They need to get on with it! What a hot damn mess. Gah!!!

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member