CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work mate

Yes McGee and Maline were trying to have a bob each way here.

I get why they needed the priors in - indeed its a key feature of Chase's interviews with police. But then it is strange to complain about it.
But I'll bet McGee wishes Merritt didn't have such loose lips -

CM: Well just, just, just to let you know, it wouldn’t have made any difference whatsoever how much I help you, whether you arrested me or not, because I decided that though before I called you, because I had to, I had to make the, I had to make the decision before I called you back because I was either, it was like if I met with these people the probability of me getting arrested is great, because they’re going to know about my felony warrant and they’re going to probably arrest me for it because they’re supposed to, that’s what their job is, when I called you, when I, when I called you I knew, I actually knew that it was a probability, and I didn’t, I made the decision to call you whether or not I got arrested because I, I, I had to make the decision which one is, which one’s more important…

All these 11th hour reports to the prosecution. Tut-tut.

Again? How does the judge expect them to cross witnesses with no time to prepare?

If the state does a rebuttal, I hope they return the same favor.

Tortoise for those who are unable to watch would you mind giving us short posts as to what is being said? TIA!

Again? How does the judge expect them to cross witnesses with no time to prepare?

If the state does a rebuttal, I hope they return the same favor.

Tortoise for those who are unable to watch would you mind giving us short posts as to what is being said? TIA!
They've just gone to recess to search the court transcripts for whether the defense laid a foundation for a Metro Sheet Metal statement of monies received. Maline says a foundation was laid with Carmen Garcia of MSM and prosecution says she was not shown it so no foundation was laid.

This is because Merritt's accountant is reporting he made two payments to them I think.

ETA - I'm going to have to go off line in a bit to feed the starving family again.

They took a break so the judge can review the previous testimony of the MSM bookkeeper.

There is a dispute between the attorneys regarding an exhibit the accountant has created.

It shows a payment to MSM for approximately $4400. There was a cash withdrawal by CM for the same amount that the accountant is using to justify the payment to MSM.

IMO

They took a break so the judge can review the previous testimony of the MSM bookkeeper.

There is a dispute between the attorneys regarding an exhibit the accountant has created.

It shows a payment to MSM for approximately $4400. There was a cash withdrawal by CM for the same amount that the accountant is using to justify the payment to MSM.

IMO
BBM, So where did CM withdraw the cash from? He had no authority in JM's QB's accounts, so where did the money come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en