CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been 4 months and all the PT has managed to do is show CM potentially had motive but so did several others. They have not connected him to the murders whatsoever, they have not produced one iota of physical forensic evidence. All they’ve done is recited a potpourri of innuendos suggesting Merritt’s guilt, not unlike a magic trick relying upon the power of suggestion, repeat something enough times and it must be true.

I will not be swayed until I see reliable evidence linking Merritt to either the alleged crime scene or the burial site.

You mean besides forging cheques and his truck being at the crime scene on the night in question?

His phone pinging around the burial site , his trace DNA being on the gear shift even though he has admitted he never drove the truck.

Talking about the family in past tense and the list goes on.

You mean besides forging cheques
As I stated this would potentially show motive but is in no way evidence of murder.
his truck being at the crime scene on the night in question?
I believe the PT’s attempt to show this ended up crashing in a ball of flames.
His phone pinging around the burial site
This part of the dog & pony show is nothing more than unreliable manufactured evidence.
his trace DNA being on the gear shift even though he has admitted he never drove the truck.
He admitted to being in the Trooper with the driver so his DNA could be anywhere in the Trooper.
Talking about the family in past tense
Power of suggestion, the investigators used the same terminology, referring to the McStay’s in the past tenths when interviewing CM. It’s an old investigative trick used by LE when they have no real evidence.
and the list goes on.
Oh, yes there is the photo of Merritt standing in a hole with a shovel, by golly, he must be guilty!

It’s been 4 months and all the PT has managed to do is show CM potentially had motive but so did several others. They have not connected him to the murders whatsoever, they have not produced one iota of physical forensic evidence. All they’ve done is recited a potpourri of innuendos suggesting Merritt’s guilt, not unlike a magic trick relying upon the power of suggestion, repeat something enough times and it must be true.

I will not be swayed until I see reliable evidence linking Merritt to either the alleged crime scene or the burial site.
The one iota would be the check Merritt printed out the last night of the Mcstay family lives. How can you disregard that?

The one iota would be the check Merritt printed out the last night of the Mcstay family lives. How can you disregard that?
Even if this actually happened, which IMO, hasn't been substantiated, we do not know if in fact it was the last night of the McStay's lives. Or if the person/persons doing so, were in fact the killer/killers. There are just too many loose ends and unanswered question to assert that CM's guilt has been proven BARD.

The defense appears to be that Joey gave Chase permission to write checks to himself and forge his signature. Probably at the time his legs were broken and family was being killed.

They do place him in the house the night of the murders creating a check with his name on it (and subsequently creating and printing a nearly identical check the next day [and then cashing it]). Really hard to put anyone else's name on these murders other than the one on that check.

Mooooo

Even if this actually happened, which IMO, hasn't been substantiated, we do not know if in fact it was the last night of the McStay's lives. Or if the person/persons doing so, were in fact the killer/killers. There are just too many loose ends and unanswered question to assert that CM's guilt has been proven BARD.
All of the evidence surrounding the QuickBooks accounts center on Chase. He wrote, printed, and deleted checks to himself. He tried to delete the entire ledger. The checks were cashed by Chase.

They do place him in the house the night of the murders creating a check with his name on it (and subsequently creating and printing a nearly identical check the next day [and then cashing it]). Really hard to put anyone else's name on these murders other than the one on that check.

Mooooo
Our poster wants some evidence beyond all doubt. Im guessing only a confession would do.

I think we have two policemen and Dr.Rudin left.

They are not calling DK's ex------the one who heard his confession and knows all of the facts about DK murdering the family?

Gee, I wonder why not? They highlighted her in the opening statement. Even brought out the overheard projector to outline all of the 'facts.' :rolleyes:

And what about that long interview with Chase on CNN. I thought they fought to be able to play that for the jury?

They are not calling DK's ex------the one who heard his confession and knows all of the facts about DK murdering the family?

Gee, I wonder why not? They highlighted her in the opening statement. Even brought out the overheard projector to outline all of the 'facts.' :rolleyes:

And what about that long interview with Chase on CNN. I thought they fought to be able to play that for the jury?
Haven't mentioned DK nor his Ex. There has been some banter about that but I don't think it is the CNN interview. I think it's his lengthy interview with LE. Some of which the PT played. They are struggling and reaching, reaching, reaching. Were I a juror I would be waiting on DK.

When considering the mountain of evidence against Merrit it has to be viewed as a whole. Each individual piece may not point to him as the murderer but when viewed as an entire picture it all makes sense and points directly to no other person but Merritt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro