DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online

For nearly four years Joseph’s former ****business associate****

Not partners!!!

Partner or associate?

Merritt, 61, is charged with killing business partner McStay, 40, as well as McStay’s wife Summer, 43, and the couple’s young sons, Gianni, 4, and Joey Jr., 3.

Prosecutors in trial on McStay family murder want jurors to view CNN interview defendant gave before his arrest

After two months of trial, there’s still no evidence that Charles “Chase” Merritt of Rancho Cucamonga killed business partner Joseph McStay, his wife and their two small sons, a defense attorney claimed this week.

Key prosecution evidence ‘flopped’ in McStay family murder case, defense contends – San Bernardino Sun

Greed drove a Southern California man to kill his business partner's family with a sledgehammer and bury their bodies in the desert, prosecutors said Monday.

Sean Daugherty, supervising deputy district attorney for San Bernardino County, said in opening statements at Charles "Chase" Merritt's trial that the defendant wrote checks for more than $21,000 on his partner's online bookkeeping account after the family was last seen alive.

Man's Greed Drove Him to Kill Family of Four: Prosecutors

So you still believe they were business partners?

Can you explain why you think they were partners?

This is bordering on bickering.

Let's watch another commentary by the legal professionals (yeah they make money from talking, but they are free to express their opinions, and which way they think does not impact on the amount of money they make):

Partner or associate?

Merritt, 61, is charged with killing business partner McStay, 40, as well as McStay’s wife Summer, 43, and the couple’s young sons, Gianni, 4, and Joey Jr., 3.

Prosecutors in trial on McStay family murder want jurors to view CNN interview defendant gave before his arrest

After two months of trial, there’s still no evidence that Charles “Chase” Merritt of Rancho Cucamonga killed business partner Joseph McStay, his wife and their two small sons, a defense attorney claimed this week.

Key prosecution evidence ‘flopped’ in McStay family murder case, defense contends – San Bernardino Sun

Greed drove a Southern California man to kill his business partner's family with a sledgehammer and bury their bodies in the desert, prosecutors said Monday.

Sean Daugherty, supervising deputy district attorney for San Bernardino County, said in opening statements at Charles "Chase" Merritt's trial that the defendant wrote checks for more than $21,000 on his partner's online bookkeeping account after the family was last seen alive.

They were not partners end of!!

Partner or associate?

Those journalists are incorrect. Business Partners is a legal definition. >>>50/50 share in profits.

NOT 15%, as Chase was receiving.

And Joey would have to do his business taxes, listing Chase as his partner. And we have been told that Chase was in trouble with the IRS and owed then back taxes.

Joey didn't. So I do not believe they were 'business partners' or there would not be that disparity with their IRS standings.

A partnership is when 2 or more people operate a business as co-owners and share income. All co-owners (i.e. partners) act on behalf of each other in the business. Like the sole trader structure, a partnership entity is not separate from its operators.Jun 22, 2016

Okay - for the 2nd half of 5/2 I have nothing, but I see Tortoise posted this:

Detective Gary Hart called to testify May 2nd about the VTech and Uniden cordless phones in the house.

Bachman? Missy mentioned him.

Anyone else? What happening in the morning session?

TIA! :) Just trying to keep my notes straight!

Over the last nine years, through the interview with Chase, and through his ex's testimony, I have come to see the warm, compassionate human being in Chase. The true Chase. The one who hides beneath a silent, brooding exterior. In addition, he wears blue shirts well. How can it be that so many cannot see his innocence?

So, if he is given the death penalty while it is currently on hiatus in California, the sentence stands until such time as it is reinstated? Sorry if this was previously covered. Must confess, I have not read anywhere close to everything.

Partner or associate?

Those articles aren't using the term partner in a legal sense. There's a big difference. If Merritt was a partner there would have been a legal agreement and contractual obligation to pay the business liabilities of EIP.

As Merritt said -

TD: And you’re co-owner or do you work for Joseph?

CM: Neither one. Joseph owns Earth Inspired Products. I own IDesign. Completely different.

Those articles aren't using the term partner in a legal sense. There's a big difference. If Merritt was a partner there would have been a legal agreement and contractual obligation to pay the business liabilities of EIP.

As Merritt said -

TD: And you’re co-owner or do you work for Joseph?

CM: Neither one. Joseph owns Earth Inspired Products. I own IDesign. Completely different.

Yes. This is true.

But an article was presented here as proof JM and CM were associates because the article used that word to describe their relationship. I was showing several other articles where they were described as partners.

They were two business owners of their own companies doing business together.

Over the last nine years, through the interview with Chase, and through his ex's testimony, I have come to see the warm, compassionate human being in Chase. The true Chase. The one who hides beneath a silent, brooding exterior. In addition, he wears blue shirts well. How can it be that so many cannot see his innocence?

So, if he is given the death penalty while it is currently on hiatus in California, the sentence stands until such time as it is reinstated? Sorry if this was previously covered. Must confess, I have not read anywhere close to everything.

I was not aware the color of the shirt you wear means you are not capable of killing.

You do indeed learn something new every day.

Yes. This is true.

But an article was presented here as proof JM and CM were associates because the article used that word to describe their relationship. I was showing several other articles where they were described as partners.

They were two business owners of their own companies doing business together.

So then they was associates and not partners which was the whole point. The acticle I quoted was correct that they was associates.

Joey used him for jobs!

Okay - for the 2nd half of 5/2 I have nothing, but I see Tortoise posted this:

Detective Gary Hart called to testify May 2nd about the VTech and Uniden cordless phones in the house.

Bachman? Missy mentioned him.

Anyone else? What happening in the morning session?

TIA! :) Just trying to keep my notes straight!
Thurs May 2nd - morning only (no court in afternoon)

Sgt Hanke - visit to San Ysidro
Sgt Gary Hart - home phones
Sgt Edward Bachman - Faro scan and Dan's alibi - to resume next week (Tuesday 9.30 am)

^^ (not sure if you meant sarcasm or not :D) In the beginning I wasn't sure, and I thought, I wanted to hear him speaking. If he's innocent, he shouldn't be keeping silence, right? After I read his interview on Daily Mail 'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online I got positive impression about him. He sounded sincere in what he said.

Re blue shirt.... His sister described him as "blue shirt, handsome man" :D

Last edited:
^^ (not sure if you meant sarcasm or not :D) In the beginning I wasn't sure, and I thought, I wanted to hear him speaking. If he's innocent, he shouldn't be keeping silence, right? After I read his interview on Daily Mail 'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online I got positive impression about him. He sounded sincere in what he said.

Re blue shirt.... His sister described him as "blue shirt, handsome man" :D

Lol, didn't catch his sister's description. Those are some deep thoughts.

I find it difficult to convey sarcasm in writing but that was the attempt. :) I thought he sounded sincere as well, initially. Things have changed. I'm joking around 'cause I really, really want this to be over. I certainly hope the prosecution can nail the damning bits home to the jury on closing because at this point, it all kind of seems nebulous, except for the deleted check on the evening of the 4th.

This is bordering on bickering.

Let's watch another commentary by the legal professionals (yeah they make money from talking, but they are free to express their opinions, and which way they think does not impact on the amount of money they make):

I might have missed it, but I didn't hear any of these legal professionals say that Chase was an innocent man.

Lol, didn't catch his sister's description. Those are some deep thoughts.

I find it difficult to convey sarcasm in writing but that was the attempt. :) I thought he sounded sincere as well, initially. Things have changed. I'm joking around 'cause I really, really want this to be over. I certainly hope the prosecution can nail the damning bits home to the jury on closing because at this point, it all kind of seems nebulous, except for the deleted check on the evening of the 4th.

:) Around 42:20 here:

It's guilty vs. not guilty rather than innocent. And yes you missed it the first time I posted and quote this: @15:40

"My opinion? Not guilty."

But not because the defendant is not guilty of the crime ---- his criticism is of the sloppy police work and them not testing the potential blood evidence on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme