CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'll do closing arguments the week of the 13th but that's just my hunch. Imes said if CA's were going to be 14th and 15th that's going to cause a problem. Also there are two jurors off on a cruise on Thurs 16th and Mon 20th.

My prediction is they'll finish testimony this week or early week of 13th. Remember MR said she'll probably have a half day of rebuttal. Then they wouldn't want jurors to go on a cruise straight after closing arguments or mid-deliberations so adjourn to Tues 21st for CAs and the jury start deliberations on Weds 22nd/Thurs 23rd.

I don't think they'll do closing arguments the week of the 13th but that's just my hunch. Imes said if CA's were going to be 14th and 15th that's going to cause a problem. Also there are two jurors off on a cruise on Thurs 16th and Mon 20th.

My prediction is they'll finish testimony this week or early week of 13th. Remember MR said she'll probably have a half day of rebuttal. Then they wouldn't want jurors to go on a cruise straight after closing arguments or mid-deliberations so adjourn to Tues 21st for CAs and the jury start deliberations on Weds 22nd/Thurs 23rd.
My husband and coworkers are going on a cruise the same weekend. Maybe it's the same one. Lol

Is that a guess - or do we know for sure?

taggin @Mica - to see if there is anything "new" in the portal? TIA!

Is that a guess - or do we know for sure?

taggin @Mica - to see if there is anything "new" in the portal? TIA!
I checked the portal and the last entry was 05/07/2019 and says "Jury Trial", so basically nothing new about closing arguments, etc.
PreviewImage

Last edited:
I am so glad we are nearing the end of this trial.

If the Dylan Redwine case is streamed I plan to watch that trial and as these are the only two cases I have followed I will be intrigued to see how different that case is handled as this trial has been so poor.

It makes a mockery of the victim’s memory’s to me that it’s been handled so badly.

Merritt's most recent felony conviction was in 2001, court records showed, when he admitted to stealing $32,000 worth of welding and drilling equipment from San Gabriel Valley Ornamental Iron Works in Monrovia, Calif.

He pleaded guilty to burglary and grand theft charges and was sentenced to 180 days in jail

I see stuff like this about Chase and I just wonder why in the hell did Joey even hire the con-man?!!

I see stuff like this about Chase and I just wonder why in the hell did Joey even hire the con-man?!!
Because Joey was a really nice guy. Plus, Merritt probably used his smarmy gift of gab to BS Joey. I so wish Joey would've done a public record's search on Merritt or gone with Summer's gut instinct. It seems that Summer was on to the the felon from just about day one.

Because Joey was a really nice guy. Plus, Merritt probably used his smarmy gift of gab to BS Joey. I so wish Joey would've done a public record's search on Merritt or gone with Summer's gut instinct. It seems that Summer was on to the the felon from just about day one.

That’s the thing Summer his own wife had issues with him. Joey also had to bail out his family when Chase was in Jail.

I can not help but think he had a duty to protect his family and he didn’t unfortunately. How much debt do you let somebody get into before you pull the plug?

Due to Chase huge debt that he couldn’t settle things obviously escalated but there was already signs Chase was a liability to his business.

I think if Joey had pulled the plug a lot sooner on Chase the family don’t get Murdered. The problem is for Chase the debt keeps increasing and he gets deeepr and deeper into a hole and the only way out of the hole is murdering the family.

Joey’s nice nature unfortunately is the family’s undoing. I am also betting he didn’t confide in Summer how much money he had given Chase so that could be why he was so stressed out as he was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Joey had nobody really who he could confide in about what was going on with Chase as nobody would understand. How do you explain to family that Chase has lost you jobs , stealing off you and owes you £££ but you are still employing him?

IMO -MOO

That’s the thing Summer his own wife had issues with him. Joey also had to bail out his family when Chase was in Jail.

I can not help but think he had a duty to protect his family and he didn’t unfortunately. How much debt do you let somebody get into before you pull the plug?

Due to Chase huge debt that he couldn’t settle things obviously escalated but there was already signs Chase was a liability to his business.

I think if Joey had pulled the plug a lot sooner on Chase the family don’t get Murdered. The problem is for Chase the debt keeps increasing and he gets deeepr and deeper into a hole and the only way out of the hole is murdering the family.

Joey’s nice nature unfortunately is the family’s undoing. I am also betting he didn’t confide in Summer how much money he had given Chase so that could be why he was so stressed out as he was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Joey had nobody really who he could confide in about what was going on with Chase as nobody would understand. How do you explain to family that Chase has lost you jobs , stealing off you and owes you £££ but you are still employing him?

IMO -MOO
Awesome post.

DK was clearly the concerned friend not Chase and we have seen plenty of evidence to support Chase being the killer.
Zero solid proof. DK threatened JM. Whether it's a year or a month before, he threatened. CM never did. DK has more motive for the murder than CM. DK profited immensely from the murder, CM lost business opportunity because of the murder.

I urge you to contact Tricia or one of the admins in lieu of voicing your concern in this forum. This particular forum is supposed to be about a family being brutally murdered and their killer being brought to justice, not a member's opinion on how WS should be operated.

Hope we all agree to add "real" before "killer". Hope no one wants to help the real killer(s) escape justice by sentencing a wrong person.

Completely off topic, but...
During the lull in the McStay case I want to remind everyone that Bryce Laspisa is still missing. In August it will be 6 years already. Hard to believe. Here's a link to the thread:

CA - CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

Is there a connection of that one to the McStay case? If so, would like to know more, thanks.

<modsnip - bickering>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members