CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the indiscriminate 3 letters at the bottom of all posts is that even when one states some facts it would be categorized as opinions.
Please be respectful. Many of us here have been involved with this case since Day 1 when the family disappeared. We spent nearly every single day with this missing family's disappearance for over nine years, hurting for them and hoping there was a small chance they could return. We have examined and reexamined every piece of evidence, every news story and every discussion by family and associates. It has been long and painful. Respectfully, please appreciate that and understand this is not a good time to nit-pick. Appreciate hearing what you have to add to the discussion.

Hi all, what do you think of that Bluth guy, the biker? Do you think he really accidentally stumbled upon the bones?

(and btw I, too, watched this case from Day 1 of disappearance. I want the real killers caught and punished, not an easy target scapegoat who regarded JM as his best friend and raised concern and persuaded JM's brother to check on the family)

Last edited:
Hi all, what do you think of that Bluth guy, the biker? Do you think he really accidentally stumbled upon the bones?

(and btw I, too, watched this case from Day 1 of disappearance)
Yes, I think he accidentally discovered the bones and did his duty as a conscientious citizen to call LE. BTW. We have all been down this road many times in the past. There is little to rehash as you would know if you had been here since the beginning.

Yes, I think he accidentally discovered the bones and did his duty as a conscientious citizen to call LE. BTW. We have all been down this road many times in the past. There is little to rehash as you would know if you had been here since the beginning.
Exactly, and it's not unusual for hikers and other citizens to accidentally come across human remains in other cases i have followed, therefore solving some cases for LE as to the whereabouts of a missing person.

(and btw I, too, watched this case from Day 1 of disappearance. I want the real killers caught and punished, not an easy target scapegoat who regarded JM as his best friend and raised concern and persuaded JM's brother to check on the family)

DK was clearly the concerned friend not Chase and we have seen plenty of evidence to support Chase being the killer.

So let's say this Bluth guy was the killer. What reason would he have to go to the dump site and call 911, and report where he hid the bodies? He is probably the LAST person in the world who would have called it in if he was the killer...Or involved in any way.

It feels like grasping at straws to even consider that.

Monday, May 6th:
*Trial continues DARK (@ 9am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt aka Charles Ray Mandel aka Charles Ray Morritt aka Chase Meredith (57/now 60) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance; plead not guilty. DP case.
Trial started 1/7/19. Dark on all Fridays. 7 women & 4 men & 1 ? (alternates include 4 men & 2 women-minus one).
Trial Days (1-47: 1/7/19 thru 4/30/19) reference post #492 here:
CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

5/1/19 Day 48: Defense witnesses: Dennis Shogren, defense financial accountant. Sgt Joseph Steers, re: the Mitchley awning. Detective Daniel Hanke, re: the paintball documentation. Trial continues on 5/2.
5/2/19 Day 49: Defense witnesses: Sgt. Daniel Hanke (re visit to San Ysidro). Sgt. Gary Hart (re home phones) & Sgt. Edward Bachman (re FARO scan & DK's alibi). Had only morning session. Trial continues on Tuesday, 5/7.
Tentative Schedule for week of May 6th thru May 10th: May 6th (Monday)-NO court-Judge not available. Court with jurors on May 7th (Tuesday), May 8th (Wednesday). May 9th (Thursday)-NO court (for a juror). Dark on May 10th (Friday).
Tentative Scheduled for week of May 13th thru May 17th: Closing arguments now expected the week of May 13th.

I know how you feel.

Especially given that the excuse for getting a new QB was to hide the finances so what does he do? He waits until he's written all the cheques and then phones QB. :p

And they tell it with a straight face.

Yeah exactly.

I wonder if Chase might have been best to testify to this aspect.

One of the issues with the whole "joey always gave me presigned cheques" is why use QB to print them? Why not just handwrite the rest of the details? Which is what he must have done previously if Joey really did this?

It make no sense to print them in QB if you are going to delete them out of there?

So let's say this Bluth guy was the killer. What reason would he have to go to the dump site and call 911, and report where he hid the bodies? He is probably the LAST person in the world who would have called it in if he was the killer...Or involved in any way.

It feels like grasping at straws to even consider that.

It was part of DKs plan to frame Chase

I believe they'll either rest this week or the beginning of next...we hope. :)

Thank you!

It feels good to know we are nearing the end now.

My prayers continue to be with Joey, and Summer's family.

Do you know when CAs are expected?

I really don't see the state putting on much of a rebuttal if any at all.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members