CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes when you line up all he said and did, there are plenty of indicators of guilt.

But some want to infer things like he has children or likes puppy dogs are indicators of innocence. Hell, even Hitler had a dog and a Jewish doctor.

This thread has gone long enough to confirm Godwin's law:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

:cool:
Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.
BBM

The comparison was by no means appropriate.

I disagree, The comparison was valid in the form it was used.

The poster's opinion is not of little worth. Try not to be so rude.

Is there anything in that post suggesting it's opinion and not facts? If someone totally not knowledgeable about the McStay case read that post, they would think CM was convicted of the murder. Maybe that's the purpose?

Is there anything in that post suggesting it's opinion and not facts? If someone totally not knowledgeable about the McStay case read that post, they would think CM was convicted of the murder. Maybe that's the purpose?
The three letters at the bottom of the post, Imo, mean in my opinion. Also, I think most WS readers understand that the posts are the posters personal opinion.

Last edited:
This post, like many others seen here, states the author's beliefs as facts, making the post of little worth. Imagine if all or even half or even just 1% of the population do that.
Links to MSM and the first LE interview, states several of these "facts" directly from Chase. They have been posted quite a few times on the trial threads directly or through portions of the LE video and transcript.

The three letters at the bottom of the post, Imo, mean in my opinion. Also, I think most WS readers understand that the posts are the posters personal opinion.

The problem with the indiscriminate 3 letters at the bottom of all posts is that even when one states some facts it would be categorized as opinions.

Me too. ESPECIALLY, if I was a 2x convicted felon, with an outstanding warrant.

And what horribly bad luck it would be , if a 2x convicted felon, with an outstanding warrant, would commit forgery and theft, with his bosses permission, but right then his boss and his entire family, go inexplicably missing...

Last edited:
And what horribly bad luck it would be , if a 2x convicted felon, and an outstanding wArrant, would commit forgery and theft, with his bosses permission, but right then his boss and his entire family, go inexplicably missing...
There would be nobody to confirm that Joey requested and/or authorized the theft and forgery so Merritt would be on his own. The chances are pretty high that law enforcement would not believe Merritt's version of "facts", especially when one considers his criminal record.

There would be nobody to confirm that Joey requested and/or authorized the theft and forgery so Merritt would be on his own. The chances are pretty high that law enforcement would not believe Merritt's version of "facts", especially when one considers his criminal record.

Chase sounds like he was making up a lot of this stuff on the fly because it didn't follow whatever his original plan was. The QB snafu put a fly in the ointment.

BBM....CM hasn't been convicted of quadruple homicide, yet. So clearly, this post is opinion (as evidenced by the "IMO" at the bottom of the post.

IMO MOO etc

This post, like many others seen here, states the author's beliefs as facts, making the post of little worth. Imagine if all or even half or even just 1% of the population do that.

Oh but they do. Just about the entire U.S. Congress does it on an hourly basis. For that matter, nearly every politician does it every time they open their mouth.

The problem with the indiscriminate 3 letters at the bottom of all posts is that even when one states some facts it would be categorized as opinions.
Usually when stating something as fact it can be supported with a link to that fact to verify what we are addressing. We do that all the time here so it's not always merely our own personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member