Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Missy!

But DTs work in tandem, Missy, and not in a vacuum. They all meet together very often to go over the witnesses they are calling, and what each one will be testifying to.

Honestly, I haven't seen any other DT this whiney that I can recall.

Imo, that's is one of the reason they have more attorneys on the DT so if something happens to one, the others goes forward, and picks up the slack to keep the testimony fluid, and progressing for the waiting jury.

As many dark days this team has already had they have had more than ample time to know their case witnesses like the back of their hand.

Imo its unprecedented how they have conducted their own CIC. First at how many delays have already happened even before the McGee issue since they started. Also how they are so ill prepared after having years to prepare, also including having so many dark days since they began their case giving them even more opportunity to prepare.

Imoo

BBM But I think you are making Maline and McGee's point for them then... they are the team, and this late in the game, to remove one and think that they can just carry on is not really that logical or possibly even legal (creates an ineffectiveness of counsel argument). And the judge seems to agree, and since he has all the information to make the decision, this is what he has done. I also 100% got the impression that if the judge said that Maline had to go forward without McGee, like the prosecution wanted, that if the defense motioned for a mistrial, he would grant it IMO because he told them that the alternative to taking a week off is a mistrial and doing this again in 6-8 months. I don't think he would give that 'alternative' if he knew he wouldn't grant a mistrial.

In this case, I see they have had Guerard there, but I am not even sure if he is an attorney on record for Merritt? We have only heard from him once, last week lol but he never questions, he never objects. The State has 3 prosecutors sitting there. So the defense team does not have more attorney's than the State. I did notice that Guerard went to the sidebar yesterday, but can't recall if he did that before? It should also be noted that Dr. Rudin has not been on their witness list for long, so it's not like they had retained him years ago, I'm assuming Rudin is still doing calculations too since he was wanting more info lol (this is why we heard from Guerard).

All JMO :)

#McStay - The jury will be viewing Charles Merritt's truck this morning. It has just arrived at the courthouse.

D6DrIQfU8AErWjS.jpg

D6DrIQEV4AAO8_Z.jpg

9:14 AM - 8 May 2019

I would imagine that jurors are probably disappointed that they cannot see the truck lights. I think that would probably be the part they may have questions about. It would have been simple for the court to hook up an electric battery charger to have the lights operational, or even to put a working battery on the truck.

I would imagine that jurors are probably disappointed that they cannot see the truck lights. I think that would probably be the part they may have questions about. It would have been simple for the court to hook up an electric battery charger to have the lights operational, or even to put a working battery on the truck.
That would open the door to measuring and all that. I think the Judge didn't want that to happen.

I think that's probably what they wanted to see as well... problem is that it just cannot be replicated to the way it was in 2010, probably better for both sides that they didn't get them working, just too many variables IMO Part of what was argued with the FARO scans taken in 2014/2019 compared to the video as well. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot