CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite obvious DK was rifling funds from EIP, ruining the reputation JM had worked so hard to build. Once DK ruins the reputation he then illegally sells the business to an unsuspecting buyer. DK is a snake and IMO capable of any and all misdeeds including murder. Yet it's CM being charged and railroaded, the jury will see through this scheme, it's too transparent not to. I really can't see why there are so many on this thread supporting a like DK.

Well, I'm not sure about that, but what does it say that the State didn't find these at all either???? If they had, it would have been part of discovery and La Rock wouldn't have just "found" them a few weeks ago!

ETA: I just assumed the State was "ignoring" them LOL

From what I understand CA is a reciprocal discovery state.

This means the state has to turnover all discovery they are going to use in their CIC to the defense.

The defense is supposed to do the same thing before their own CIC begins by turning over all of their discovery they are planning on using in their case.

It seems Maline cant remember what has been entered, and what has not. That's why the objections by the state were sustained by the judge.

Jmo

From what I understand CA is a reciprocal discovery state.

This means the state has to turnover all discovery they are going to use in their CIC to the defense.

The defense is supposed to do the same thing before their own CIC begins by turning over all of their discovery they are planning on using in their case.

It seems Maline cant remember what has been entered, and what has not. That's why the objections by the state were sustained by the judge.

Jmo

I was speaking specifically about the spreadsheets. And I'm not sure and can't go back until later when they upload. I was only able to partially listen this morning while I was at work.

Very few posts about the evidence today... so I was asking... I'm guessing no one knows the answer haha

It's quite obvious DK was rifling funds from EIP, ruining the reputation JM had worked so hard to build. Once DK ruins the reputation he then illegally sells the business to an unsuspecting buyer. DK is a snake and IMO capable of any and all misdeeds including murder. Yet it's CM being charged and railroaded, the jury will see through this scheme, it's too transparent not to. I really can't see why there are so many on this thread supporting a ******* like DK.
I can only speak for myself and I'm not "supporting" DK, however, I also don't think he murdered the McStays. They are both slimy in their own right but Merritt is definitely much worse than DK.

I asked Gitana her opinion, as an attorney, about what happens if McGee is too ill to finish the trial.

She said it can be a very sticky situation. Sometimes the judge will call a mistrial if the defendant does not want the trial to continue without his attorney present.

It can be an appealable issue , if the judge denies that request.

But she said at the same time, the attorney has to show evidence there was a very serious illness, that prevented him from finishing the trial. [ I guess otherwise an attorney could play sick if they didn't think things were going well?]

So it is making me nervous that McGee is just absent and nothing is really being explained. Has everyone all agreed that McGee is too ill to return and everyone is OK with that?

Or is CM going to make a big stink about it suddenly and ask for a mistrial?

It's quite obvious DK was rifling funds from EIP, ruining the reputation JM had worked so hard to build. Once DK ruins the reputation he then illegally sells the business to an unsuspecting buyer. DK is a snake and IMO capable of any and all misdeeds including murder. Yet it's CM being charged and railroaded, the jury will see through this scheme, it's too transparent not to. I really can't see why there are so many on this thread supporting a ******* like DK.
You may be confusing defending DK with pointing out innacuracies of what the defense has inferred. I haven't seen anyone actually defending him.

I asked Gitana her opinion, as an attorney, about what happens if McGee is too ill to finish the trial.

She said it can be a very sticky situation. Sometimes the judge will call a mistrial if the defendant does not want the trial to continue without his attorney present.

But she said at the same time, the attorney has to show evidence there was a very serious illness, that prevented him from finishing the trial. [ I guess otherwise an attorney could play sick if they didn't think things were going well?]

So it is making me nervous that McGee is just absent and nothing is really being explained. Has everyone all agreed that McGee is too ill to return and everyone is OK with that?

I don't believe that he is playing sick. And, I think the judge has been getting updates. He made a comment something like he was told 'you need to tell him to relax'. Paraphrasing. Really hoping he is okay.

Unfortunately, I do believe CM will want a mistrial declared.

It once again stalls the case back, and it's far better for CM than going off to prison if it reaches a verdict of Guilty.

Imo

There are some of us who cannot comprehend how anyone can support a baby killer. Just saying...

To be clear, for myself anyway... there is a big difference between supporting Chase and just not believing the State has proven anything. That's my opinion. I recall early on in the trial even posting that I didn't want my criticism of the prosecution to be looked at like I was defending him, because I truly did believe that he was 100% guilty going into the trial, but unfortunately, even now, I still just don't believe they have proved it, and I don't know if I can put a percentage on it... but I know I am no longer 100% sure. JMO

I have yet to see proof he is paying McGee and Maline. I think the State is paying for them. Even the guy today said the "government" is paying him.

I don't think the state is paying the high paid expert fees. There must be a cap on what the state pays. I think the documentary has been paying for the high priced experts. I don't think Chase will be able to bankroll those experts for a 2nd trial.

To be clear, for myself anyway... there is a big difference between supporting Chase and just not believing the State has proven anything. That's my opinion. I recall early on in the trial even posting that I didn't want my criticism of the prosecution to be looked at like I was defending him, because I truly did believe that he was 100% guilty going into the trial, but unfortunately, even now, I still just don't believe they have proved it, and I don't know if I can put a percentage on it... but I know I am no longer 100% sure. JMO
Missy, come into the light.

I don't think the state is paying the high paid expert fees. There must be a cap on what the state pays. I think the documentary has been paying for the high priced experts. I don't think Chase will be able to bankroll those experts for a 2nd trial.

If there is a mistrial, the documentary will have to keep filming. They can't end the film with a mistrial.

And you know, he might not want a second trial, with the prosecution now knowing his SODDI "defense". The state might be quite happy to bring DK to the stand, different forensic accountants, QB evidence, more detailed phone forensics, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309