CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of previous owner's killing a family of four because they've lost their home to a foreclosure. I've heard about owners stealing and trashing but murder, never.

Law enforcement followed the evidence. The evidence lead to Merritt to the exclusion of all others.

I agree it would probably be a first. But the evidence did not form a solidified picture until after the bodies were discovered. What did the investigation entail in the years preceding the conclusion? Do they take a close look at anyone with possible motive?

I have never heard of previous owner's killing a family of four because they've lost their home to a foreclosure. I've heard about owners stealing and trashing but murder, never.

Law enforcement followed the evidence. The evidence lead to Merritt to the exclusion of all others.

Nor have I heard of someone who is about to start a potentially most gaining business venture in his life with his business partner to murder the business partner's entire family of 4 including 2 babies and torturing the business partner for a measly amount of $ that would be negligible to the potential future profits, and to have done it alone in the home zero trace.

Nor have I heard of someone who is about to start a potentially most gaining business venture in his life with his business partner to murder the business partner's entire family of 4 including 2 babies and torturing the business partner for a measly amount of $ that would be negligible to the potential future profits, and to have done it alone in the home zero trace.

You missed out the part where this business partner owed the boss £££££ and had no chance of paying back the debt due to his obsession with gambling.

Did the police ever investigate the previous owner of the McStay house? Whoever lost the house to the McStays through foreclosure probably lost a large amount of equity...more money than Chase stole. I would assume there would be some hard feelings there.

I'm just curious whether the investigation was thorough, or whether they latched onto Chase (for obvious reasons) to the exclusion of everyone else. The former owners probably retained at least one set of keys to the house.

But why would they blame the McStay's? Would they kill 2 toddlers because their parents bought a foreclosed property? '

I think the former owners might blame the bank or the person who sold them the house, but why blame the family that bought it:?

But what if that someone was planning to start a great new business venture, but then they were told by their partner that they owed that partner thousands of dollars?----and so that new great business venture was on hold?

I don't know if he really owed his business partner (it's not his boss), but even if so, I have never heard of such as a motive for a no-violent-past man to torture and eliminate the entire family on the eve of the joint business venture that will potentially make them millions, not to mention he regarded the partner as his best friend.

Yes he used past tense, but the brother of JM made shockingly accurate description of the "two adult shallow graves" just weeks after the disappearance when no one even knew they were dead 3+ years before remains were found. I have never heard of such accurate foresight.

Why do you say they were business partners? Chase was a vendor, a contracted employee, not a business partner.

But what if that someone was planning to start a great new business venture, but then they were told by their partner that they owed that partner thousands of dollars?----and so that new great business venture was on hold?

There is no limit of what one could speculate.

Last edited:

Not to mention the problems CM was causing Joey's business with the 'Provecho disaster' and the Levine project (which Joey must have also attributed to CM not doing the job properly as he was charging him for it).

Joey was already moving the creation of the custom fountains from CM to MSM (and then probably in house as he put all of that together), CM probably thought the 'great new business venture' was because of his skills and resented like heck JM only holding onto him long enough for CM to pay him what he owed and then booting him out. That is a motive to kill.

I don't know if he really owed his business partner (it's not his boss), but even if so, I have never heard of such as a motive for a no-violent-past man to torture and eliminate the entire family on the eve of the joint business venture that will potentially make them millions, not to mention he regarded the partner as his best friend.

Yes he used past tense, but the brother of JM made shockingly accurate description of the "two adult shallow graves" just weeks after the disappearance when no one even knew they were dead 3+ years before remains were found. I have never heard of such accurate foresight.

Why do you say they were business partners? Chase was a vendor, a contracted employee, not a business partner.

That was not speculation. Joey did send Chase a memo, listing the monies Chase owed.

By the way, IF they were partners, Chase wouldn't have Owed Joey anything.

If Chase was a partner, he would not have been entered in the QB account as a vendor.

Well, that phrase is being used incorrectly. They were not business partners, in the legal sense of the term.

They were business ASSOCIATES. Big difference.

So now the topic becomes what business partner means.... o_O
Leaving aside whether you are correct or not (I think not), if you replace "business partner" by "associates" or "employee" or whatever, the gist of my post #805 does not change. :)

So now the topic becomes what business partner means.... o_O
Leaving aside whether you are correct or not (I think not), if you replace "business partner" by "associates" or "employee" or whatever, the gist of my post #805 does not change. :)

YES, the gist does change. There is a huge difference between business PARTNERS and Business ASSOCIATES. Huge legal difference.

So of course I am going to discuss the definition of the term 'business partner.' You made a statement, which was incorrect, by definition.

Have we finally agreed to that?

YES, the gist does change. There is a huge difference between business PARTNERS and Business ASSOCIATES. Huge legal difference.

So of course I am going to discuss the definition of the term 'business partner.' You made a statement, which was incorrect, by definition.

Have we finally agreed to that?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads