CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That IS NOT what I said. I said Patrick is the only "author" that I was aware of who was gathering facts. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take it out of context or twist my words.

Would you say Patrick was speaking facts in the part about DK making paypal withdrawals starting from the Feb. 6th, 2010 in the radio talk?

I don't think Summer's truck was in the video.
I'd rather discuss the defendant's interview.
IMO he was trying very hard to look unfazed and relaxed, never expressing what I would deem to be appropriate or expected emotion or response to the situation he was in. It's just not a situation for relaxing in. He's all about controlling other people IMO.

Sorry, have to disagree with you. My DH makes runs to CA all the time, he has factory installed RUNNING lights on his truck EXACTLY like Summer's Dodge, and has NEVER been pulled over for "more than 2 auxillary lights".
My B in Law, ex LE who lives in the general Bay area has a truck with the exact same light set up, I saw him less than 3 months ago when my ex MIL died. You turn the key, the headlights go on, it starts getting dark, the running lights kick on automatically.

My expert (hubby haha) got home from work... those bottom small round lights are not running lights. They are fog lights. Apparently it is also illegal to use them here as well unless there is actually fog.

Also, from google and from my 'expert', he doesn't think the Dodge Ram's had an automatic setting for headlights that year 1999. But that would be irrelevant since the are fog lights IMO LOL

My expert (hubby haha) got home from work... those bottom small round lights are not running lights. They are fog lights. Apparently it is also illegal to use them here as well unless there is actually fog.

Also, from google and from my 'expert', he doesn't think the Dodge Ram's had an automatic setting for headlights that year 1999. But that would be irrelevant since the are fog lights IMO LOL
According to the owner's manual the truck did have an auto setting. It also states the fog lights don't automatically come with every truck, but the manual does discuss parking lights. So many lights...so little time. Lol

According to the owner's manual the truck did have an auto setting. It also states the fog lights don't automatically come with every truck, but the manual does discuss parking lights. So many lights...so little time. Lol

You were able to find an manual for a 99? Please share LOL

So let's give the defense the Dodge as the truck that drove by, what about that all-important "side running light" in the video? The Dodge doesn't have one.

So let's give the defense the Dodge as the truck that drove by, what about that all-important "side running light" in the video? The Dodge doesn't have one.

Well, this is an issue... the back lights on the Dodge Ram wrap around and could probably be seen as it was driving, they are kinda on the corner of the back of the truck and are see through on the side. BUT I think it should get brighter when the brakes are touched (assuming all lights were working, which I have no reason not to think that). IMO this back light/reflection also doesn't fit Merritt's truck though, not to mention the headlights, also IMO, don't match Merritt's truck. Without seeing the Dodge Ram headlights, I'm not sure they would match either.

Like la2cabo said though... so many lights on these trucks... lol

IMHO the smaller lights to the left & right of the license plate on the Dodge Ram are standard for that model.

Here's the McStay truck:
Mcstay truck.png

and here's an example of the same model on Google:
example 1999-dodge-ram-4x4-59-four-doors-with-camper-top-1.jpg

and from the Dodge 1999 Ram owner manual:
The fog lights will operate only when the parking
lights are ON or when the vehicle headlights are ON low
beam. An indicator light located in the instrument cluster
will illuminate when the fog lights are on. The fog lights
will turn off when the switch is pushed a second time,
when the headlight switch is rotated to the OFF position,
or the high beam is selected.